URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 3524
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"book club stuff"

Posted by Lisapooh on 11-22-02 at 11:15 AM
That's right - it's that time of the month - time for you to feel guilty for not reading that book I told you about yet.

Hope y'all are enjoying this month's selections. Bucky (bless his feline heart) reminded me that I haven't reminded y'all about the upcoming book chats.

We're going to skip the end of this month because of Thanksgiving and have our chats the first part of December.

I'm thinking we'll do Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay on Tuesday, December 3 at 10 pm Eastern. Hopefully this will be a good, compromise time for all our many time zone challenged peeps.

We can do Gerald's Game the next Tuesday, December 10 also at 10 pm Eastern. I decided to avoid Monday Night Football altogether this time around.

There will be no book club in December as we all enjoy the holidays with families and friends. I'm really looking for suggestions for books to put on the list in the upcoming months - please email me through the site with your favorites!

Also, I'm posting some discussion questions for Kavalier and Clay in the Stories forum. It's not a strict guideline for our discussions - but they do help me look at the book in a new way. Check them out if you want - if not - that's cool too!

I haven't been able to find any reading group guides for Gerald's Game. And I haven't read it yet (gonna start it this weekend) so I'll hopefully get some questions up for it in the next week or so. If anyone that has read it wants to contribute some questions or topics - how I would love you forever!!

OK - happy reading!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: book club stuff"
Posted by true on 11-22-02 at 12:09 PM
>>That's right - it's that time of the month

For a moment there, I thought you were slipping into overshare territory.

>>time for you to feel guilty for not reading that book I told you about yet.

Oh yes, I do feel guilty. You know, if I wasn't spending so much time polishing your tiara, or doing other menial tasks for you, Princess, I might actually have time to read!! (Who's feeling guilty NOW???)

"ROTFL"
Posted by Silvergirl1 on 11-22-02 at 12:19 PM

There was a subservient poster named True
Who spent most of her day waiting on Pooh
The tiara is spotless
But Pooh could care less,
Except for which books we have been reading.

*waves at True and Pooh*

"RE: ROTFL"
Posted by sticks on 11-22-02 at 01:21 PM
LMAO, Silvergirl!

That was hysterical.

If it's wrong to be so freaking amused at simple limerick, then I don't want to be right!

Posted by Red Lady on 11-22-02 at 05:04 PM
Hi Pooh!
Glad you have posted this update!
I have finished reading both books! I can't wait to discuss them with everyone!

It's not too late to start one of the books, if you haven't yet. In particular, the King book reads quickly.

Posted by TechNoir on 11-22-02 at 05:09 PM
I read them !! Of course that was before they were picked for the book club, but I'm not perfect.