URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 35177
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"D-Bag of the Day Award"

Posted by mrc on 02-11-10 at 03:36 PM
Congratulations, John Mayer! Your music sucks, you screw and tell, AND, if that weren't enough, your penis is racist.

Well, he did write a song called "My Stupid Mouth": John Mayer has apologized for using a racial slur in his controversial Playboy interview.

"Re: using the 'N word' in an interview: I am sorry that I used the word. ... I should have never said the word and I will never say it again," Mayer wrote in a series of tweets.

Mayer used the slur to describe what he said was his acceptance by African-Americans.

"Someone asked me the other day, 'What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?'" he told Playboy. "And by the way, it's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n----- pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, 'I can't really have a hood pass. I've never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, 'We're full.'"

Mayer tweeted that he used the racial epithet because he wanted to make a point that was "in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself." But, he continued, "it was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged."

The racial remarks were not the only provocative comments from the singer-songwriter in the magazine. Discussing his love life, the 32-year-old said he doesn't date black women because his penis is "sort of like a white supremacist."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/John-Mayer-Apologizes-1014893.aspx

A SHARper Image

Table of contents
  • RE: D-Bag of the Day Award,Starshine, 04:01 PM, 02-11-10
  • RE: D-Bag of the Day Award,zipperhead, 04:08 PM, 02-11-10
    • RE: D-Bag of the Day Award,cahaya, 02:10 PM, 02-12-10
  • RE: D-Bag of the Day Award,HobbsofMI, 04:20 PM, 02-11-10
  • RE: D-Bag of the Day Award,grit, 05:14 PM, 02-11-10
    • RE: D-Bag of the Day Award,bystander, 11:49 AM, 02-12-10
  • RE: D-Bag of the Day Award,samboohoo, 05:23 PM, 02-11-10
    • RE: D-Bag of the Day Award,Snidget, 05:34 PM, 02-11-10
      • RE: D-Bag of the Day Award,mrc, 11:37 AM, 02-12-10
      • RE: D-Bag of the Day Award,weltek, 12:11 PM, 02-12-10
  • Jessica Simpson's reaction,mrc, 12:59 PM, 03-02-10
    • RE: Jessica Simpson's reaction,Estee, 02:03 PM, 03-02-10

Messages in this discussion
"RE: D-Bag of the Day Award"
Posted by Starshine on 02-11-10 at 04:01 PM
So now we know he is uncircumcised

Posted by zipperhead on 02-11-10 at 04:08 PM
What a shame. There was a program on TV a while back where he performed a pretty good blues set live. I had considered buying one of his albums because of that.

Posted by cahaya on 02-12-10 at 02:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-10 AT 02:12 PM (EST)

Dunno if this was it, but there's a good 1-hour Youtube clip of him Live on Letterman. Although I'm an electric blues aficionado and have his first two albums on CD (within a rather large blues collection), I haven't been attracted enough to his music (and particularly his voice) to get his later ones. He also plays/sounds better than he looks on stage.

After reading about his comments in his Playboy interview, I'm now even less impressed.

etf link

Posted by HobbsofMI on 02-11-10 at 04:20 PM
I think he better watch out Bonner after talking about Jen.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Posted by grit on 02-11-10 at 05:14 PM
Now do you see why I wanted to send him to Canada in exchange for Celine?

another agman creation

Posted by bystander on 02-12-10 at 11:49 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-10 AT 11:55 AM (EST)

Can't Canada have Celine AND John?

I hear there's plenty of room in that Northwest Territory.

Posted by samboohoo on 02-11-10 at 05:23 PM
I have never understood any attraction to him.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Snidget on 02-11-10 at 05:34 PM
Neither do I, he is a jerk, I don't think he is that good looking and his music makes me want to shove things through my brain via my ears.

I do at least appreciate him being open about his jerkiness. So many narcissistic celebrity types try so hard to convince everyone that they really are just nice people that fame did not effect. It is almost refreshing that he acts in public the way I'm sure most of them act in private.

Posted by mrc on 02-12-10 at 11:37 AM
I see your point.

A PATCH of banana skin

Posted by weltek on 02-12-10 at 12:11 PM
That's kind of the point I'm at with him. I appreciate he can be a really good musician, I just hate 75% of his songwriting. But I can respect that he just let's the crap flow in his interviews, admits when he says something bad, and life goes on. That's also the reason I don't hate Meghan (I think she uses an "h"?) Fox. I don't really like her, but I don't hate her.

-A Tribetastic Creation

"Jessica Simpson's reaction"
Posted by mrc on 03-02-10 at 12:59 PM
"I don't want people to know how I am in bed!" she says on The Oprah Winfrey Show scheduled to air Wednesday, publicly responding for the first time to Mayer's comments in Playboy last month.

Besides calling her "sexual napalm," the singer-songwriter referred to Simpson as "crack cocaine" and said she was "crazy" in bed. He later apologized and promised to "quit the sound-bite game."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Jessica-Simpson-Dont-1015572.aspx

A PATCH of banana skin
If she were smart, she would have said, "John's penis has a first name, it's V-i-e-n-n-a. John's penis has a second name, it's s-a-u-s-a-g-e." But that would require spelling.

"RE: Jessica Simpson's reaction"
Posted by Estee on 03-02-10 at 02:03 PM
John's penis has a first name, it's V-i-e-n-n-a.

Wrong forum.