URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 32743
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Separation of church and state Homeland Security."

Posted by Estee on 12-01-08 at 05:02 PM
http://tinyurl.com/5ngwsv

I want to say 'Only in Kentucky', but that wouldn't be true: I can think of at least twelve other states where this would have a strong chance of getting past the body politic.

This one bothers me. A lot.

He's a Democrat?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Separation of church and state Homeland Security."
Posted by Ante Bellum on 12-02-08 at 03:45 AM
DINO.

Again, an obscene violation of the principles this country CLAIMS to have been founded upon. :spit:

Posted by mysticwolf on 12-02-08 at 04:27 AM
Other than being disturbed, in general, about the law, I'm not sure whether to be more disturbed by Preston's being unaware that he should be disturbed by this (but wasn't aware, and hasn't been paying attention, because he has more important things to worry about), or the fact that now that he's been made aware of it, he still doesn't see a need to take any issue with it (although, he may still have bigger fish to fry--at least in his skillet).

The fact that Riner is disturbed that it doesn't appear, by law, nationally is something that disturbs me greatly. And, I'll point out that this crackpot that dosn't seem to understand the concept of separation of church and state is a Democrat.

Together thanks to Glow

Posted by universityofkentuckyrocks on 12-02-08 at 12:30 PM
Democrat or Republican here in Kentucky means the same thing. Most of the democratic politicians in Kentucky are known as conservative democrats. This no surprise to me that my state is not following the separation of church and state. Democrats here are just as guilty as Republicans.

ukrocks got a blog!

Posted by universityofkentuckyrocks on 12-02-08 at 12:33 PM
This comes to me as no surprise. And I don't think it will change any time soon. Most Kentuckians don't have a problem with but there are a few.

ukrocks got a blog!

Posted by AZ_Leo on 12-02-08 at 07:21 PM
If their god is the only one who can give their homeland security then they should have no need for the $9,590,000 grant from the federal government (and my tax dollars), right? There's one budget line item cut.

Posted by cahaya on 12-03-08 at 01:42 AM
Nah, that's not the idea. This guy's a state legislator. Everybody knows the big G can multiply stuff. So that $10 mill becomes $20 mill then $40 mill... and if it doesn't come from the Feds (which it won't), it'll come from the state. Then they can upgrade those plaques to statues and memorials, like that'll stop 'em bad guys.

Posted by dabo on 12-03-08 at 01:53 AM
Ohferchristsake, it's just a dollarstore plaque on the wall! Dumb and meaningless, absolutely, but it only costs a dollar. Maybe less with donations.

Posted by Estee on 12-03-08 at 09:48 AM
In that case, would you mind if I reworded it to start 'It is only through Odin's grace'?

And if you didn't, would anyone else?

How about 'Allah', is that okay for saving Kentucky? He's supposed to be pretty powerful. Betcha he could do it on his day off.

Posted by AZ_Leo on 12-03-08 at 02:57 PM
If it's meaningless why make such a fuss about putting it there in the first place?

And if it's meaninless but clearly offensive to many why not just take it down and take the wording out?