URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 31616
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"RIP Tony Snow"

Posted by DearAbby on 07-12-08 at 08:31 AM
Another one dies too young. Last month Tim Russert, and now Tony Snow. He was only 53 and leaves behind his wife and three children. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080712/ap_on_re_us/obit_snow

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: RIP Tony Snow"
Posted by mom2bjm on 07-12-08 at 08:37 AM
I used to listen to him on his talk radio show - from what I recall he was a good man. My thoughts are with his family.

Tribe's got me bouncing!

Posted by HistoryDetective on 07-12-08 at 08:51 AM
I really appreciated his work on the Diane Rehm Show whenever he was a commentator. Rehm emphasizes civil discussions of the issues and always has a representative from both the left and the right. I usually disagreed with Snow, but I enjoyed hearing a well-articulated argument that was calm and civil instead of a Rush-like blowhard who was snide and attempted to "win" a discussion by shouting louder than everybody else. Even though I usually disagreed with him, I considered Snow's work on the Diane Rehm Show to be intellectually honest instead of a mere reiteration of somebody else's talking points.

"Frankly, I don't care what you think." --- PagongRatEater, 20 October 2007

Posted by PagongRatEater on 07-12-08 at 08:52 AM
A good man who is gone long before his time. He was a man who put his family first, but he also served his nation. God Bless and best wishes to his wife and children today.

But we do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, about those who have died, so that you may not grieve like other people who have no hope.
1 Thess 4:13

It is impossible to contemplate the fabric of the world without recognizing the admirable order of its arrangement and the certain manifestation of God in the perfection of its correlations. Reason, when once it had considered and admired so much beauty and so much perfection, feels a just indignation at the dauntless folly which dares ascribe all this to chance and happy accident. it must be that the Highest wisdom conceived the plan and Infinite power carried it into execution....The starry sky above me and the moral law within me are two things which fill the soul with ever increasing admiration and reverence. Emmanuel Kant

Posted by Spanky68 on 07-12-08 at 09:36 AM
RIP Tony. You will be missed.

Agman made this fancy sig for me

Posted by Snidget on 07-12-08 at 09:44 AM
*dons fire protective clothes*
*douses self in the gel they use to keep homes safe during wildfires*
*makes sure the fire extinguisher is charged*
*installs sprinkler system*

RIP Tony.

53 is really young and may his family left behind find peace as well.

From the Who Knew Agman was psychic collection.

Posted by KeithFan on 07-12-08 at 09:59 AM
Not unexpected, but it stinks to lose a good one.

RIP Tony, may we all remember your grace and strive to achieve it.

Posted by RudyRules on 07-12-08 at 12:48 PM
RIP Tony Snow
You were a truly good man. You will be missed.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008
"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

Posted by aquariaqueen on 07-12-08 at 02:57 PM
Indeed, we lost another good man.....

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

Posted by whoami on 07-12-08 at 07:53 PM
RIP Tony. Another one dies to young, only 53!

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 07-12-08 at 09:21 PM
I guess this totally blows any chance of seeing the best selling tell-all-tale; I was Bamboozled! by Tony Snow.

RIP.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008