URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 24306
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"iTunes question"

Posted by ivoryElephant on 02-27-06 at 07:17 PM
Ok I was downloading music on iTunes and accidentally downloaded the hiphop tribute version of enter sandman.

I didn't realize it was the hiphop tribute version and didn't even know there was such a thing, since I have always listened to the music before buying it.

Is there any way that I can return the song?

mind the gap

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"bump"
Posted by J I M B O on 02-27-06 at 07:37 PM

sorry, i haven't purchased anything through iTunes, and don't know anyone who does.

"i found the answer and i think it is bogus"
Posted by ivoryElephant on 02-27-06 at 07:41 PM
They send you a "reciept" after you buy songs, well I clicked on the "sales" link and it said all sales are final.

Well, this was my first time and it was very confusing so now I have a couple TERRRIBLE songs that I can't return. I mean the songs make William Hung and that guy who sang "like a virgin" sound like Bruce Springstine and Celen Dion

mind the gap

"RE: i found the answer and i think it is bogus"
Posted by DSpunk on 02-27-06 at 08:22 PM
Don't they give you the option to preview songs before you buy them?

Sliced. Again.
Obviously, I'm not a user.

"RE: i found the answer and i think it is bogus"
Posted by nailbone on 02-27-06 at 09:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-06 AT 09:12 PM (EST)

Yep. And I reckon that's what they'll say when you try to "return" it.

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

"RE: iTunes question"
Posted by mysticwolf on 02-27-06 at 07:43 PM
Although I have no experience with iTunes, I sincerely doubt it. Once you've downloaded it they would have no way to verify that you haven't already shared it, moved it onto another platform, etc. If they allowed returns too many peeps would download it to one computer, move it to another MP3 device, or use it for whatever one-time use they wanted it for, and then try to return it.

A Syren Spring

"RE: iTunes question"
Posted by Canada Girl on 02-27-06 at 08:46 PM
I use Pure Tracks, a canadian download company and did get a refund on a album I bought once.

Found out after I bought the album that I had gotten the edited/censored version rather than the true album version. Because they had not marked the album "edited" they refunded my money and also sent me a very nice "we're sorry about that" email.

My recommendation is to email iTunes and be very specific about what happened. They may have a contingency fund for refunds in justified cases.