URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 24011
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"UPS Shipping Dispute - what's the deal?"

Posted by Canada Girl on 02-01-06 at 01:03 PM
Anyone ever dealt with this?

I bought an new espresso maker on ebay from the US and it arrived yesterday via UPS. Unfortunatly, the box was majorly banged up and when I opened it, I discovered that it had taken an impact so hard that it shattered the styrofoam packing and damaged the espresso maker itself.

I've checked it thoroughly and there are cosmetic scratches and dents along one side and the plastic housing of the maker has popped out along the edges on the front and right side. It looks like still works from my preliminary check, just running water through it.

I spoke to UPS and they told me that the shipper has to deal with it and my shipper has his own UPS agent. I emailed the shipper and he was very nice and told me he is going to start a claim. He said the box was in perfect condition when it got on the truck, as well as the maker itself.

So what happens now? Will they take my espresso maker away to inspect it? Would I still get compensated if I keep it? The shipper gets the refund, apparently. What the hell? It's all very confusing.

Words of wisdom, anyone?

I'm sad too, this was my christmas present from my DH and I was really excited about it!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: UPS Shipping Dispute - what's the deal?"
Posted by weltek on 02-01-06 at 01:15 PM
For my home-party business, when I get shipments from headquarters (Fed Ex is the carrier) and shipping has damaged the product, headquarters resends me the product & enters a claim with Fed Ex. They don't bother taking back the old one, but in this case, the shipper may request it back.

Was it a private person, or a company that you bought from on Ebay? Could you tell? If it was a private shipper, you might be SOL until the UPS claim is resolved (I would assume the seller would refund your money asap). If it was a company, you should ask for an immediate refund or replacement.

Posted by Canada Girl on 02-01-06 at 04:57 PM
It's a company, but it's a company that sells returns, one of a kinds, etc. This was their only espresso maker.

I hope I'm not SOL. That would suck.

Posted by Lasann on 02-01-06 at 01:17 PM
All I've got to say about UPS is that my son now works there loading trucks, so yea, that could be a problem. Altho, I think he is careful to not damage the packages but I sometimes hear about mis-scans and boxes on the wrong truck.

Nevermind!