URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 20233
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Light side: how do you take your chocolate?"

Posted by calamityc on 05-11-05 at 12:43 PM
I have a problem this Spring, I have gotten seriously addicted to Milk Duds. I go out of my way to stop and get some to take to work. (They are not in the vending machine.)I've discovered I get addicted to the chocolate in candy, but I can leave chocolate cake and I don't like chocolate ice cream AT ALL, tastes like chalk to me. So, I wonder, where do you stand on chocolate?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Light side: how do you take your chocolate?"
Posted by clemsonbeav on 05-11-05 at 12:44 PM
Dark chocolate.

'Nuff said.

Beav: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

"Oh, and"
Posted by clemsonbeav on 05-11-05 at 01:10 PM
white chocolate ≠ chocolate

Posted by arkiegrl on 05-11-05 at 12:46 PM
Chocolate ice cream? good
Chocolate cake? I can take it or leave it.
Brownies? lvoe them (but they must have nuts)
Candy? Milk chocolate, yes, dark chocolate, no.

Syren rocks.
I'm such a blog ho, I've made three. So, here's one.

Posted by SilverStar on 05-11-05 at 12:54 PM
I'm pretty much a fan of all chocolate, except dark or white. Yuck. But cakes, cookies, candy bars-- all good. I'm not so much an ice cream fan, but when I eat it I do like the chocolate.

I.Heart.Syren

Posted by RudyRules on 05-11-05 at 01:03 PM
ALL chocolate: mmmmmmm
Milk duds: awesome
Chocolate ice cream: Fantastic
Dark chocolate hersey bars: Lip smacking good!

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

Posted by MTW1961 on 05-11-05 at 01:03 PM
Well, as most people know, I'm a candy ho, especially dark chocolate. My favorites are dark chocolate Kit Kats, which are hard to find. I also love to get a dark chocolate See's candy assortment - nuts, chews, and especially nougat.

Just tried the brand new dark chocolate Nestle's crunch the other day - nearly sh!t my pants with excitement when I saw it on the store display! Sadly, it was only okay. I prefer milk chocolate or caramel Nestle's crunch. On the other hand, dark chocolate peanut M&M's alternating with milk chocolate regular M&M's is a deadly combination. Starting with one makes you crave the other. It's a vicious cycle that can only be broken by emptying both bags. Not Good.

I love decadent chocolate cake desserts, chocolate cookies, and chocolate ice cream. I would be very happy in a world where I could eat chocolate to my heart's content without fear of excess weight gain.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 05-11-05 at 01:09 PM
If I could, I would take my chocolate intravenously

My fave is chocolate cake, chocolate milkshakes, chocolates (dark, milk, even white). I'll take it all LOL.

Thanks IceCat & RollDdice

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 05-11-05 at 01:15 PM
I'm a milk chocolate fan. Dark chocolate tastes bitter.

My favorite chocolates are Harry London London Mints meltaways.

And I'm very fond of caramel Hershey's Kisses.

Posted by nailbone on 05-11-05 at 01:15 PM
I LLLUUUURRRRVVVE dark chocolate!

I LLLUUUURRRRVVVEEE white chocolate!!

I like milk chocolate alot, in candy bars. By itself, not so much.

Chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream I can eat or not.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Posted by Coconut on 05-11-05 at 01:38 PM
Nailbone is a chocolate ho? Who knew?

Coc au Flange-- Official Dish of the Phoquetard Inquisitorial Squad

I am not big on white chocolate, but I'll take anything else. Like right now. Come on, people, pony up.

Posted by clemsonbeav on 05-11-05 at 01:49 PM
A nice cake:

Some basics, for all your cooking needs:

Phallic chocolate fountain:

Chocolate balls, appropriately:

And to wash it down:

How's that?

"OMG"
Posted by Coconut on 05-11-05 at 02:12 PM
I.lvoe.you

Coc au Flange-- Official Dish of the Phoquetard Inquisitorial Squad

*smooch*smooch*smooch*smooch*smooch*

"*dances around*"
Posted by clemsonbeav on 05-11-05 at 02:22 PM
Coco lvoes me!

Does that mean I'm her favorite favourite?

Posted by calamityc on 05-11-05 at 02:23 PM
This? Is cruel to do to a chocoholic!!!!

Posted by mom2bjm on 05-11-05 at 01:46 PM
Milk Duds - Yum - Chocolate and caramel together Rock!

I'm with ya, Cal, chocolate cake & Ice cream I can do without..
As someone mentioned, brownies must have nuts, preferably walnuts, and lots of them, no frosting however...

The one chocolate cake I DO love however has Mashed Potatoes in it.. and raisins..

Posted by J Slice on 05-11-05 at 01:46 PM
Very bitter, very pure chocolate.

We're talking 70% cocoa. Barely sweet at all.

It's unadulterated and wonderful.

I also like Fauchon truffles. Very expensive, and only available in Paris, but I love them.

Are you familiar with the old robot saying, 'DOES NOT COMPUTE'?

Posted by dragonflies on 05-11-05 at 02:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 02:02 PM (EST)

milkduds have been a weakness of mine for a long time. I buy the big box and eat them all in one day if I'm not careful.

But I will eat any type of chocolate, although white is probably last on the list

another syren masterpiece

et correct siggy malfunction

"Mmmmmmm"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 05-11-05 at 02:05 PM
Let's see here...

I love chocolate...chocolate candy, chocolate cake, chocolate milk, chocolate donuts, chocolate-covered chocolate, chocolate men. Pretty much anything chocolate (with the exception of plain chocolate ice cream...most true chocolate lovers do not like chocolate ice cream, I've found) is heavenly in my book

Oh and white chocolate? Is not really chocolate. White chocolate = bad. White chocolate flavored things (there is a to-die-for white chocolate flavor at Cold Stone Creamery that I always get mixed into my sweet cream ice cream) are fine, but actual pieces of white chocolate are just wrong. Oh and the darker the chocolate the better (that includes men, too).

Got blog?

"RE: Mmmmmmm"
Posted by mom2bjm on 05-11-05 at 02:36 PM
Cold Stone Creamery? MMMMM - THe Best!!

a fellow Arizonan

"Hot fudge custard shakes..."
Posted by NolayC on 05-11-05 at 03:10 PM
they are better than many many things... especially from Culver's (who knew they started just 20 minutes from our place)

I have had the "Do you know what this is?" "this is a hot fudge shake from Culver's" "Do you really want to ask me that question.. now?" to my offenders--who always seem to be waiting for me when I get back to the office. The guys I've supervised for awhile smile and step back and will actually laugh at the newbie's who come up to me with shake in hand.

Handcrafted by RollDdice. Otherwise I'm a big dark chocolate fan, then milk, and I really don't like white chocolate.

Posted by Snidget on 05-11-05 at 03:57 PM
How do I take my chocolate?
In a word, YES!!!!!!!

Doesn't matter how or where, although if given a choice I eat the white chocolate last.

We had a birthday club one place I worked where you make the cake for the person whose birthday is after you. The chocolate cake I made took 3 days to get finished.

Just a devil's food box cake but the filling was truffle filling (and I discovered how easy that is to make which is not always a good thing) with a glaze that was melted chocolate with just enough whipped cream to make it spreadable.

No one could eat more than a sliver. I need to make that again next time I need a cake to feed 24.