URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 15965
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Poll - My fault or not?"

Posted by Surveysez on 10-07-04 at 10:18 AM
My washing machine is on the fritz. The repair man will be there tomorrow, but last night I put the clothes in and set it and left the utility room. Apparently the sensor that stops the water has failed. I know this cause when I came back water was still running and I had about 2-3 inches on the floor. It's all cleaned up now and dry, but that led to the following telephone coversation.

he "Why didn't you check"
me "Why would I have to? It never happened before, and besides it is all your fault"
he "How so"
me "You are on the road right now"
He "How does that make it my fault"
me "Let's look at history, shall we? The year the lightning hit the transformer and fried half out appliances you were on the road. The year the yard caught fire and the firemen just barely saved the well shed and the ski-doo, you were on the road. Now the washer runs over and you are on the road. Logically, these things only happen when you are on the road, so if you were home, they would not have happened, therefore, they are your fault."

HE is being obstinate and refuses to accept the blame. I cannot see any flaw in my logic. So tell me - am I wrong?

Surveysez

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Poll - My fault or not?"
Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 10-07-04 at 10:23 AM
*SNORT* I like your logic. The same thing happens when my DH is out of town. Something will ALWAYS go wrong. I've also noticed that the cats puke a lot more when he's away. It's ALL his fault!

A Gothmog original.

Posted by greenmonstah on 10-07-04 at 10:23 AM
Wow. I had no idea you lived with I Am He.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Not your fault. Although this is the second laundry thread you have started this quarter. So that makes me a little suspicious.

Posted by Surveysez on 10-07-04 at 10:29 AM
Not I Am He, rather He Who Will Not Admit the Truth.
Surveysez
other laundry thread? I haven't been here a quarter yet (at least, I don't think I have). But suspicion is good.

Posted by greenmonstah on 10-07-04 at 10:31 AM
I live with He who when he hears one of my ideas needs to brainstorm and list all the things that could possibly go wrong.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

I will have to go back and check...I thought you had a red towel/jean laundry mishap.

Posted by Surveysez on 10-07-04 at 10:36 AM
I'll bet yours reads instruction on assembly, too. As if you can't see the wheels go on the bar at the bottom of the new barbeque, and just because the instructions say put the wheels on last, YOU DON"T HAVE TO WAIT.
Surveysez
And you certainly don't have to make me take the wheels off until you get to that point in the assembly. That is just linear thinking.

Posted by anotherkim on 10-07-04 at 10:23 AM
I can't find a single flaw in yuor logic. I think you deserve a laundress.

Mr. Kim, of course, keeps a spare washer or two lying around for just such an emergency.

Posted by Drive My Car on 10-07-04 at 10:26 AM
Nope, his fault.

My MIL says the same thing, whenever Dad is away on business stuff happens. Stuff breaks, people get sick, earthquakes, brush fires, always when he is gone..

Posted by Surveysez on 10-07-04 at 10:54 AM
Perhaps if he were to get home, Mt St. Hellen would behave? Surveysez

Posted by seahorse on 10-07-04 at 10:26 AM
Sounds like you are on sound footing to me.

Posted by newsomewayne on 10-07-04 at 10:43 AM
Of course its his fault. He's the male in the relationship, right?

The only thing Mrs. Newsome ever accepted blame for is not telling me early enough into our marriage that everything is my fault.

Posted by Surveysez on 10-07-04 at 10:53 AM
What a refreshingly enlightened attitude you have!
Surveysez

Posted by newsomewayne on 10-07-04 at 10:56 AM
God,

Grant me the courage
to change the things I can;
Grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot;
And grant me the wisdom
to know the difference.

-author unknown (to me)

Posted by Glow on 10-07-04 at 10:57 AM
It's his fault. Maybe he rigs stuff so bad things will happen while he's away and you will think, "I really wish he was here."

It's a Gothmog!

Posted by Surveysez on 10-07-04 at 11:07 AM
You could really be on to something. If so, he made me wish he was home, and got the floor both in front and behind the washer and dryer cleaned.
Surveysez
Cool & scary sig. I? am going to go home tonite and make all those computer programs I have work and make a real one.

Posted by txmomma26 on 10-07-04 at 12:55 PM
Love the logic and you are most assuredly correct. His fault. Had to be something with him on the road, his laundry in the machine, SOMETHING

btw, I was the author of the last laundry thread

Posted by cqvenus on 10-08-04 at 09:38 AM

actually, I think it's both your fault.

for using the washer during spin cycle to spice up your... love life.

you know. like that old bag with the vibrators on oxygen always says.

~ cq

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

not that i know these things