URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 14639
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Just looked out the window"

Posted by moonbaby on 08-03-04 at 02:16 PM
towards downtown and saw framework going up at the World Trade Center site. It's been so overcast the past week or so that it was very strange to suddenly see something in that empty piece of sky. I'm a little verklempt-thought it was worth mentioning.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Just looked out the window"
Posted by KObrien_fan on 08-03-04 at 02:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-04 AT 02:40 PM (EST)

That just made me shudder, I bet it does look strange.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 08-03-04 at 02:33 PM
Wow. I can only imagine the feelings you must be going through.
*HUGS*

Bananapalooza Tour Schedule

Posted by AugustGirl on 08-03-04 at 02:35 PM
You must be going through a ton of emotions, Moonie.

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

Posted by grit on 08-03-04 at 03:22 PM
I didn't realize they were starting that already.

I never went down to see Ground Zero. My brother went down when he came to visit. He took some pictures and showed them to us. He said the pictures just don't give you the same feeling as being there in person.

About a month before the attacks, we brought some relatives from Germany down to see the WTC. That was the day NYC hit a record temp of 103. I remember being on the sidewalk next to one of the buildings and looking up, seeing that lacework pattern going all the way up. The memory of that visit is still very strong, even 3 years later. I can still remember feeling the baking heat and that dizzying feeling looking up the side of the building. I never want to lose the memory of that day. It will be very strange seeing different buildings in that location.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by mistofleas on 08-03-04 at 03:25 PM
Wow. I had a hard time looking at the NYC skyline for the first time after the towers were gone. Then I kind of got used to it. Now it will be strange seeing something there again.

You okay moonie? Do ya need me to come give you a hug?

--will work a trip to NYC any chance she gets

Posted by Deonna on 08-03-04 at 03:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-04 AT 03:30 PM (EST)

*HUGS*

How are you'll doing there? Everyone here is very worried about you East Coasters/New Yorkers.

Deonna

Posted by samboohoo on 08-03-04 at 03:34 PM
Hugs to you Moonie.

I've been to New York only once in my life, June 2001. We went into town, had dinner, went to Shea Stadium. I remember my friend, Joe, asking if we wanted to go down to the WTC and me saying, "No, there's too much other stuff to do."

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by jkokoj on 08-03-04 at 03:43 PM
Amazing! The time has gone by so quickly. How emotional that must be for all New Yorkers. *hugs*

Posted by Brownroach on 08-03-04 at 03:52 PM
I didn't notice anything riding in on the train this morning, but I was reading the paper. I'll check it out going back over the bridge tonight. The towers used to be in clear view from a block away from my apartment.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Posted by ginger on 08-03-04 at 04:35 PM
I still question the wisdom of building -- again -- the world's tallest building(s). Still think a memorial park might have been wiser/more pleasant.

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

Posted by seahorse on 08-03-04 at 04:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-04 AT 04:49 PM (EST)

I am not sure but I think any significant building will be years from now. I am not sure what they are doing at present. It could be just a monument to the lives lost.

I was at ground zero about 2 years ago. I am an electrical engineer and I was inspecting a building right across the street from the WTC. This building received major damage when the falling trade center tore off some of its side.

It was a college and they were trying to determine whether it should renovated or rebuilt depending on construction cost estimates.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

"found the weak binoculars...."
Posted by moonbaby on 08-03-04 at 04:54 PM
and I'm not sure what I'm seeing. It could be a building going up a few blocks north of the site but it's in the line of vision to that. BR please let me know what you see later. Thanks!