URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1733
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Be the Amazing Racer 15.7"

Posted by Seana on 11-09-09 at 01:03 AM
Hello Racers and welcome to the most awfulest Roadblock in the history of The Amazing Race.

Yes, this is a "Switchback". Let's tell you all about the horror that Lena and Kristy went through in season 6. There they were, right here in this place, unrolling bale after bale of hay for nothing. We let them do that for 2 full hours after the last team checked in. How cruel was that? And then I just went out into the field to eliminate them. So this time we brought the Pit Stop right to the dreadful challenge. That's convenient!

Flight Time and Big Easy, you're team #1! You get a trip for 2 to some island somewhere. Take the Harlem Gnome-trotter with you. See, that's a good name. Louisiana Shorty indeed.

Meghan and Cheyne: Second place is pretty good. It was pretty good last week too. Do you have any first place finishes left in you?

Brian and Ericka: What luck finding that flag. No doubt Ericka's mom will be super-impressed with that, if not with you guys calling her a bigot on national TV.

Sam and Dan: Good job making nice after this leg. Dan really does need to shut up more, doesn't he?

Gary and Matt: Lucky you this was a non-elimination leg. You get to start a couple hours behind

Please keep the game in the game thread.

Come play! Post as a carnie or one of the blowing-things-up guys.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Be the Amazing Racer 15.7"
Posted by beau_30 on 11-09-09 at 07:54 AM
Shooting in From Squeterville:

This task looks tough. I wonder how MIka would've handle it because I would've most likely done the bells test. So I guess it would be here. I think we would've taken the 4 hour penalty. And with that, we would still be in the race and possible come in second since it took dan almost 3 hours, and then Gary and Matt 2 hours. So we know that Sam and Dan were there for at least three hours, and if we got there around his 2nd hour we would've fallen in 4th or 5th. Oh well.

Having fun in Squeterville, still no putting out for Mika. Although she is hot.

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-09-09 at 10:04 AM
Could you imagine Maria doing this task?

*collapses onto floor, convulsing with laughter*

Posted by Belle Book on 11-09-09 at 09:56 PM
Maybe it's just as well we couldn't finish the Detour last leg. I would've had a terrible time doing the Roadblock and might have gotten us eliminated anyway.

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-09-09 at 10:54 AM
DAN!!! DAN!!!! DAN!!!!! UNROLL IT!!!

sob

I'm just too choked up to talk.

"Happy Birthday Flight Time"
Posted by jbug on 11-09-09 at 11:01 AM
Didn't I promise to come thru for you?
Funny thing is tho I didn't realize it would have been easier to unroll the bales by actually rolling them.....
With my height and brute strength, I just flipped them over end over end. Oh well, it must've worked!

First place! And yea, Flight, I know where that is - I just can't pronounce it

Why did they put in a task that they weren't gonna allow me to do? Good thing Flight isn't afraid of heights! I might have had to go to the top of that thing and push his off!

Hi Five brother! ~~chest bump~~

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-10-09 at 00:42 AM
1. The Gnometrotters, a.k.a. Birthday Time and Big Baldy - Is there some unwriten reality show about birthdays? But I'm rooting for these guys. Pure entertainment.

2. The Banana Slugs, a.k.a. Brericka - I finally figured out what I like about them. They're just like me and my wife. (Except my MIL adores me.)

3. Pinky and the Brain, a.k.a. Daddy and Matt - I'm usually partial to the teams with dads in them. And Matt's a funny guy.

4. Team Dishwater, a.k.a. Meghan and Whatzisface - Dull, boring, productive, and for once, I hope that a team like this loses.

5. The Brothers Dimm, a.k.a. Samuel and Daniel - I got all my fighting with my brother out of my system in high school. They should do the same.

Posted by LibraRising on 11-10-09 at 06:07 PM
Hello? Helllooooo? Is anybody coming? Anybody? I've been waiting for hours. It took a long time to get all this stuff on.

Come on, guys, I gotta get to my evening shift at Ikea soon!

(that viking guy at the detour that nobody did)

Posted by Estee on 11-10-09 at 06:53 PM
That's just horrible!

"Höbalar så kul."
Posted by Molaholic on 11-11-09 at 00:46 AM
Welcome to Sweden. Home to Abba and Greta Garbo.

Also, the most wonderful roadblock ever invented. But more on that later.

Before the fun of the bales, we got to see some other delights of Swedish culture.

Blowing up nothing and dropping DAWs from dizzying heights for no real purpose.

This lead us to a nifty little meeting with our favorite sponsor stand-in, Gnome who was the prize in a carnival game our contestants could actually win.

Congratulations to those giants from the Bayou -- you found the flag so quick! You are truly bale-blessed. Hope you enjoy the trip to wherever it was.

Gary & Matt -- wow. What can I say -- who would have imagined EPBvM putting a NEL in this situation?

Looks like my time is just about up, so I'll be toddling off. Have fun next week!

Seana’s da bomb!