URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 270
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Last Comic Standing #4 summary sign-up thread "

Posted by Estee on 05-18-06 at 04:32 PM
Right now, this is just for taking names of people who're interested in writing up the show. We don't know how many episodes we have yet -- and, as with American Idol, it might make sense to pick things up after the auditions, since running through dozens of bad comedians can take out the strongest in three shots. This partially depends on how many people we get, though -- there's some decent material in the audition shows. (And by the way, welcome to the Buck Star show!) You don't need to have written any prior summaries to do one for LCS. A sense of sarcasm and a little snark are helpful. You need a few hours free to write it, a recorder that works, and if you can find your spellcheck button, you're way ahead of the pack.

Anyone interested?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Last Comic Standing #4 summary sign-up thread "
Posted by ARnutz on 05-19-06 at 11:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

I would like to "tentatively" sign up. I say tentatively because I will not be free until after June 27th, so if that is after the sucky ones are eliminated, then I'm a go!

Just an FYI, I plan to sign up for Big Brother too. I'll have to coordinate with that.

ETA: {{crickets}} I'm not doing it alone or even by tag-team.

Posted by akiss4u2have on 05-31-06 at 01:02 PM
I'm interested but not sure. I say not sure because i've never done this before and have only just found this site today. I don't think I can be any worse then Buckstar and the Buckstar show. I will however get a clue a lot faster than he does that I stink! I personally like the girl w/ the lisp and the guy with cerebral palsy.

Posted by joeyb on 05-31-06 at 04:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-31-06 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

Hey Estee

I,m not sure what you mean by writing up the show, I might be interested, please respond

Posted by Estee on 05-31-06 at 04:35 PM
Go here and start reading for a few examples: http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/newssection.php?x=||1
Skip over anything I've done. It's good practice for later.

Posted by Snidget on 05-31-06 at 06:50 PM
I'm interested, but only after June 25th. I got a trip back out west to see if the hot springs are still hot.

Hopefully by some method other than sticking one of my feet down into one.

I hereby declare you: 'Blacksmith of the Underworld'--ZombieBaby

Posted by bystander on 06-01-06 at 09:22 AM
Just popping in to say Hi to Estee and tell her she does a GREAT job writing summaries and I always look forward to reading them.

I'd like to stay and chat a while but I gotta run....

Posted by Cyndimaus on 06-01-06 at 04:09 PM
Okay, okay, stop twisting my arm! I'll do it already! But I'd prefer one a bit later on into it if that's possible after we've had them in the "house/boat" for a bit. (so I know better who the heck I'm writing about...I'm slow that way....)

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Posted by newsomewayne on 06-01-06 at 04:28 PM
Since you said I had to, I'm here to sign up. I won't be able to do one, at least not with any injustice, until after the month of June.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"State of the summary union."
Posted by Estee on 06-03-06 at 05:15 PM
No one wants to go through labor, but everyone wants to hold the baby. :p Come on, peeps: there's got to be someone who can tackle an audition show...

"RE: State of the summary union."
Posted by bystander on 06-05-06 at 02:28 PM
Sorry, I missed the auditions.

"Now that the rest of you are safe..."
Posted by Estee on 06-15-06 at 02:50 PM
Fine. We're through the semifinals. The Twelve are set. We're heading for the ship. Can I get a summarizer name for the first episode in which something actually happens?

"RE: Now that the rest of you are safe..."
Posted by Cyndimaus on 06-15-06 at 03:21 PM
*cautiously raises hand* I'll do it.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

"6/20 episode is yours."
Posted by Estee on 06-15-06 at 03:24 PM
Good. Suffering is always best in groups.