URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID48
Thread Number: 311
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Time for the Name the Prize Game"

Posted by ginger on 09-17-03 at 06:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-03 AT 04:27 PM (EST)

Inspired by a poster at Sucks who thinks the utlimate reward will be a really nice ham, time to post your guess as to what the heck the "massive" prize (quoting Amanda, mind you) will be.

I have already posted my guess: Participation in Temptation Island III. But I like the ham better. Perhaps with a carton of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco treat, and a gift certificate to Spiegel Catalogues of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60603 (okay okay I know, they went bankrupt this year). Anyway, what do you think?

The winner will receive a FANTASTIC MASSIVE MYSTERY PRIZE! (Or maybe not. How about the sincere admiration of your electronic friends and neighbors?)

>

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Time for the Name the Prize Game"
Posted by boom on 09-17-03 at 06:46 PM
Personally, with as sick and twisted as this show has been, I would think that the "prize" these fine examples of humanity will get has to be something spectacular. Like getting to do 2 months of accumulated paradise dishes.

Posted by socalj on 09-18-03 at 03:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-03 AT 03:22 PM (EST)

I should at least take an honest crack at this. Hmmm...

The producers slowly bring down the massive grand prize from the Paradise Hotel attic. It's a painting....but of what? Unveiled, it reveals that it's a painting of SCOTT!! In the painting, he's a snarling, twisted 80 year old man! His secret is out. He hasn't been 30 since the Happy Days.

Posted by probably clueless on 09-17-03 at 07:19 PM
Forget the ham....

Its a lifetime membership in.....

*Education: Curses in Librul Arts, Curses in Computer Science, Curses in Accounting*

Posted by superstepmom1 on 09-17-03 at 08:33 PM
The prize is the winning couple gets to leave paradise. A massive prize in itself.

Or maybe the prize is the winning couple gets to go on Blind Date with Toni-Balony.

Posted by RebelYell on 09-17-03 at 08:46 PM
ya, "massive" caught my attention, too.
I immediately thought it would have something to do with "egos" or breast implants.
... Or something to do with toni.

Posted by RealityRoadie on 09-17-03 at 08:52 PM
How about the hotel itself?

Posted by TheDigable on 09-17-03 at 10:01 PM
How can you share a hotel?

Posted by LadyT on 09-17-03 at 10:08 PM
I think the prize should be one of those jellied fruit cakes. It's FOX so the couple have to share

Posted by Drive My Car on 09-17-03 at 10:24 PM

Well, it can only be one of 2 things.

The good prize is of course all the empty water glasses left on Ginger's nightstand.

The bad prize? All the yucky gunk left in the Hotel's Pool filter. * shudder*

or maybe it's a case of lightbulbs

Posted by Thumbsup on 09-17-03 at 10:47 PM
I'd be disappointed if it's anything less than a million dollars along with the light bulbs...LOL

Either that, or an all expense paid trip to Paradise Hotel for the rest of their lives.

Posted by Drive My Car on 09-18-03 at 08:48 AM

Rumers say you are right about the use of the Hotel for life.

Who would want to look at that place again?

If it's money, it can't be much. Big money prize the producers would have made a big deal about.

Posted by ginger on 09-18-03 at 11:54 AM
I'll have you know I only let the finest Waterford crystal gather dust hippos by my bed.

>

Posted by ginger on 09-18-03 at 02:23 PM
Gee, do you think they'd take the shoulderpads?

>

Posted by TheDigable on 09-17-03 at 10:39 PM
How about a crap basket?

Posted by sbeck on 09-17-03 at 11:00 PM
Perhaps it will be a themed gift basket full of goodies to remind the winners of their old buddies in the hotel. Included in the basket:

Clearasil, Retin-A, a mini pole, and suckling pig, evoking memories of Amy. Black's Law dictionary and white sweatbands, to remind the winners of Zack. A "Build-Your-Own-Fence" kit and a waffle maker: Scott couldn't decide which gift would represent him best. Gift certificates to Popeye's, for, of course, Toni. A talking Homer doll that says "D'oh!", for Beau. A complete safe sex package with all varieties of condoms and the morning after pill, reminding them of Kristin. Soundtrack to "Wizard of Oz" with a special rendition of "If I Only Had a Brain," performed by Holly, Alex, and Desiree. A monkey doll, remniscent of Smokey and Tom. Wrinkle cream and facial sunscreen as a warning from Melanie, who, at only 31, looks like she's about to celebrate her 40th birthday. A washboard, for Keith's fab abs. Tara and Charla are remembered with Barbie and Skipper dolls. And last but not least, Dave contributes a copy of "The Little Engine that Could," for being the biggest dork, but the best man.

Posted by ginger on 09-18-03 at 11:55 AM
I wouldn't mind owning a Smokey. In fact, if this show were a bigger hit, I'm sure the website would be hawking them a la Survivor Buffs.

>

Posted by socalj on 09-18-03 at 03:12 PM
Gift certificates to Popeye's, for, of
>course, Toni.
LOL!

complete safe sex
>package with all varieties of
>condoms and the morning after
>pill, reminding them of Kristin.

I think that a full bottle of antibiotics would serve as a better reminder.

I think that the only prize that would be 100% beneficial to the Barbies and 100% detrimental to the originals would be "tickets back to paradise" in 5 years to see who the real winners are. Gosh, I love my high school reunions!

I've had my bad experiences with massive mystery prizes that turned out to be hams. This one time, at band camp....actually, my car needed a new timing belt. The Golden Wrench garage did a terrible job on mine and I had to take it back 6 times. The seventh time, I said "So what are you guys going to do for me...this has been a really bad experience." The owner said "Oh, don't worry! Yoool be sooo happee!" I told him, "No, I need to know, or I won't be bringing it back in." He said "I promise, yoool be happee." Stupid me took it back in instead of putting a stop payment. My massive mystery prize? Two free oil changes at that stinking place (anybody want 'em?). My only advise to Dave? Run! Methinks that massive mystery prize is going to..uh..hurt.

Posted by bockpack on 09-17-03 at 11:01 PM
The bill.

Posted by The Jman on 09-17-03 at 11:28 PM
The bill??? That's funny as Hell and ironic!! Yeah,I hope Amy/Scott win and then they have to pay the bill!!

Posted by Lavenderangel on 09-18-03 at 01:25 AM
How about a 3 course meal cooked by none other than Amy - her spit included of course.

Naw...probably money...that's the easy way out, everyone gives money.

Posted by Thumbsup on 09-18-03 at 05:30 PM
I see you checked out Amy eating last night..Holly rolled her eyes...

Posted by ginger on 09-18-03 at 11:56 AM
I like that one, too.

>

Posted by Angelfood on 09-18-03 at 01:58 AM
The prize is a wedding.

Hey, since the wedding didn't happen on Cupid, I say they are just moving that set to good ole PH and trying again with the "winning couple". Hope it's keith and amy in that scenario!
(evil laugh....)

No, but it could be the offer of your own reality show on Fox or something else worthless and painful like that.

Posted by TIG13 on 09-18-03 at 09:08 AM
"two tickets to paradise"

Posted by ginger on 09-18-03 at 11:56 AM
Imagine the tax consequences of winning the whole friggin hotel. Not to mention the joys of co-ownership.

>

Posted by lroy on 09-18-03 at 12:13 PM
A life time supply of Zovirax...

http://health.yahoo.com//health/drugs/202009/overview

hee hee

~lroy

Posted by ginger on 09-18-03 at 01:30 PM
A few more ideas:

The leftover Winnebago from last season's "Road Rules Decimated Third World Countries Rave Tour".

The governship of the great State of California.

T-shirts.

>

Posted by mtopaz on 09-18-03 at 01:45 PM
The winners will receive an all expenses paid (up to max limit of $100) trip to Konocti Resort in Lakeport, California, and concert tickets (balcony seating, 3rd row from back, behind the column) to see Eddie Money, and hear him perform, live, in person, the theme song for Paradise Hotel! Wheee! Massive (rip-off)!

Too cute!
Oh yeah, and a nice ham too.

Posted by ginger on 09-18-03 at 02:25 PM
True confessions:
In the 70s, I actually * went to * an Eddy Money concert. He also did a really lame cover of "Baby Hold On To Me."

>

Posted by mtopaz on 09-18-03 at 02:32 PM
More true confessions:

In the 90's, I went to see Eddie (is it Eddy or Eddie? dunno) Money up at a little resort in northern California (a dinner show, if I recall). My sis wanted to go, and I figured "why not?" He actually put on a fairly decent show, tried hard to please the crowd and all. I wouldn't pay money to see him again, tho.

Too cute!

Posted by ginger on 09-18-03 at 03:01 PM
Who is that incredibly cute little guy in your sigpic?

>

Posted by mtopaz on 09-18-03 at 07:14 PM
LOL - that's my son, taken following Christmas of last year when he got a new jacket, new gloves, and borrowed his auntie's ear muffs and grandpa's beanie cap. My sis just sent me the pic the other day.

Cold enough for ya?

Posted by ginger on 09-19-03 at 04:28 PM
He is a doll. I love how big the earmuffs are over his little face.

>

Posted by ugibugi on 09-18-03 at 08:49 PM
I think the "massive" prize will be the Paradise Hotel Home Game and a lifetime supply of Preparation H.