URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 310
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jack & Bobby"

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 09-15-04 at 04:56 PM
Just wondering if anyone else watched this and what they thought of it. I watched it mainly because of the producers attached to it and was a little (but not overly) disappointed with the premiere.

Haven't seen any discussion about it, but then again maybe that's because, according to the ratings, I just the idea that it was pretty much just me and 5 million teenage girls watching it.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jack & Bobby"
Posted by Draco Malfoy on 09-17-04 at 08:04 AM
I thought this was about the Kennedys until I finally heard a full promo for it. Which is what I'm sure they had in mind.

Posted by Bebo on 09-17-04 at 09:01 AM
I taped it, but I haven't had a chance to watch my tape yet. And I promise not to watch it until I have written my summary.

Join my paramilitary org - call 1-800-FIGHT4BEBO.

Posted by zombiebaby on 09-17-04 at 09:27 PM
I saw it. I liked the premise. Just a little too teen-agey for me. However it does seem like intelligent teen material. I don't think I will remember to watch this show all the time.

I am curious to know how it turns out and which brother becomes president. Very original hook IMHO.

The mother played by Christine Lahti irritates me and is probably the biggest reason I will not watch this show regularly.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Don't Google "hairy toes"!!

Posted by JRome on 09-21-04 at 05:30 PM
I caught the last few minutes and thought it was pretty good. I might keep watching. I'm looking forward to the wb's other new show though, the mountain starts wednesday I think.

"RE: Jessica Paré for president!"
Posted by Singsing on 09-22-04 at 11:48 AM
She's hubba hubba!

Posted by buckeyegirl on 09-24-04 at 10:12 PM
You're not the only adult watching it. I got suckered into watching it because it's on after Charmed. I really liked how they have his presidential advisors talking about key events as they relate to the episode. I wished they had kept us guessing which brother was going to be the future president rather then coming out with in the first episode.

A Kyngsladye Original The fellowship has begun...

Posted by TechNoir on 10-21-04 at 07:35 PM
I've grown attached to this show. I watched it the first time out of boredom and a good local review. Didn't hate it. But the more I watch it, the better I like it. It seems to get more depth.

It's biggest flaw is that it is on opposite Desperate Housewives and whatever HBO special show is on Sunday at 9, and it never seems to be repeated.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 10-22-04 at 09:39 PM
I like the show too, especially the juxtaposition of the teenage years and the "documentary."

And I was so happy to find out that Matt Long, the guy who plays Jack, is 24 (not 16!) in real life - makes me feel less like a perv. (Six years younger isn't such a big deal.)