URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 277
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"North Shore"

Posted by rjrabbit on 06-15-04 at 10:57 PM
Did anyone watch it last night? What did you think?

Overall I liked it. I liked the tennis player twist. I totally didn't see that one coming. The 15 year old who yells rape was believable but not a shocking twist. The engagement ring at the end left me thinking about "how did she hide it when he first saw her unless she knew he worked there"? I like the bartender with the dreads and the young lifeguard to me looks like Val Kilmer.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"ZZZZZZZZZZZ"
Posted by Bebo on 06-16-04 at 09:09 AM
Give me Las Vegas or The O.C. any day. I saw the tennis player twist a mile away. The acting sucked, and the editing was a direct LV ripoff.

As hokey as I thought the LV finale was, that looked Shakespearean compared to the snorefest that was North Shore.

Have whip, will travel.

"RE: ZZZZZZZZZZZ"
Posted by wildchickenhunter on 06-16-04 at 09:24 AM
Bows to Bebo.....I was going to say the same thing, but you said it better than I.

It's a LV rip off. With serf instead of gambling.

Breezy's cabana boy since May 2004!

"Amen Bebo"
Posted by LadyT on 06-16-04 at 11:49 AM
Acting was very weak. The lead actor is no Josh Duhamel. It was such a Las Vegas rip off, even down to the father/son relationship.

"RE: Amen Bebo"
Posted by Bebo on 06-16-04 at 01:18 PM
I'm normally a Michael Ontkean fan, so that poor father/son thing bugged me.

But the worst? Attempting to rip off James Caan's LV character by recasting James Remar in the ownership role. Originally, Rob Estes (one of my favorite Melrose studs) had that role.

I never thought I'd find a show that would make me say, "But Nikki Cox plays that role so much better." I did.

Have whip, will travel.

"RE: Amen Bebo"
Posted by LadyT on 06-16-04 at 08:51 PM
Are you kidding me? They let go of Rob Estes for James Remar? That's horrid. MJ, she reminded me way too much of Joey Lauren Adams.

Although it was kinda funny to see a Baywatch Hawaii guy there (the bartender) and I enjoyed seeing the old Phillip from Days of Our Lives there

"RE: North Shore"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 06-16-04 at 05:02 PM
My mother always said, if you can't say anything nice.......

So. I liked the Hawaiian setting

Slice rocks!

"RE: North Shore"
Posted by brom on 09-24-04 at 08:41 PM
This show has been getting better and better . With Shannen Doherty on now the show in my opinion has gone up several nothches and the plot lines have really devloped.