URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 276
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Shuffle up and deal!!!"

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 06-11-04 at 03:26 PM
Celebrity Poker Showdown on Bravo on Thursday nights at 9pm. Anyone else watch? I'm totally sucked in again.

I'm glad Michael Ian Black won last night, I can't stand Norm MacDonald.

Starr Jones was lookin' really odd- what's up with her?

Last week Dule' Hill from the West Wing won, he was very cool. I missed week one. Next week Matthew Perry plays.

Slice n' Dice Chop Shop ©2004

"Government is not the solution to our problems, it is the problem." Ronald W. Reagan 1911-2004

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Shuffle up and deal!!!"
Posted by ginger on 06-11-04 at 03:50 PM
Isn't it weird how compelling the tv poker shows are? We were happy Michael won last night, too. When did Norm become Normal Lear? He looked about 60.

We missed the beginning...someone went out in one play? Who? How?

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 06-11-04 at 04:24 PM
I know, I had to stay up until 11:00pm to see how it turned out- DH was fast asleep.

Adam Rodriguez (don't even know who he is) went all in against Norm in the first hand and lost it all. He had 2 queens and Norm had a full house. I think he was the first player ever to go out on the first hand.

How do you like Dave Foley from News Radio as the new host? He's looking very old too. I think I liked Kevin Pollak better.

Posted by ginger on 06-11-04 at 04:44 PM
Yes, Dave is rather portly and with the beard and all is starting to look downright Perry Masonic. Much as it pains me to admit (because I've loved Foley since Kids in the Hall), I think Pollock was better, too. He seemed down with the poker 'n' ratpackish vibe.

On the other hand, the expert guy (Phil?) has loosened up a lot.

I never even play poker but love to watch this show for some reason.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

Posted by dabo on 06-13-04 at 00:11 AM
I think Adam is one of the forgettable characters in CSIsomething. Dave Foley is okay, he probably needed the job to support his Texas Hold'em habit.

Posted by Pensha26 on 06-14-04 at 11:10 AM
Adam Rodriguez is from CSI Miami. Foley is much better than the guy the season before. He does look old, but he has been around for 15 years, so how young do you expect him to be.

Posted by dabo on 06-15-04 at 11:51 AM
He looks like he's young trying to look old to me, but then I remember him from Kids in the Hall and NewsRadio.

Posted by Fishercat on 06-12-04 at 10:27 AM
Estee makes a weekly topic on the Other Reality Shows board, and there is a good portion of spectators there too, so yes, there are fans of the show. Hehe.

Rosario Dawson won week 1, would have been horribly boring without Wanda Sykes.
---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 06-15-04 at 09:40 AM
thanks for the tip- I moved over to the other board- see you there

"Government is not the solution to our problems, it is the problem." Ronald W. Reagan 1911-2004

Posted by rasslinmomma on 06-15-04 at 08:10 AM
Saw a preview for an upcoming show. Shii Ann was on it. Hope that self proclaimed "genious" is the first one out.

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 06-15-04 at 09:44 AM
Shii Ann? Maybe it was another show.

This week's players are:
Sean Astin
Lauren Graham
Chris Masterson
Matthew Perry
Sara Rue

next week:
James Blake
Jon Favreau
Andy Richter
Tom Everett Scott
Maura Tierney

Posted by dabo on 06-15-04 at 11:54 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-15-04 AT 01:07 PM (EST)

You were probably thinking of Ming-Na (ER) who won the Hollywood edition of World Poker Tour on Travel Channel. Once again James Wood couldn't get any decent cards, and Jennifer Tilly turns out to have a great poker face. Dave Foley plays is the next episode on a boat somewhere.