URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 241
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Calling out to the Charmed fans out there"

Posted by LBoogy on 04-26-04 at 11:58 PM
Over the past year, I've become a fan of Charmed by watching reruns on TNT. I have fallen in love with the sisters, and I enjoy watching them survive adventures, maintain a strong bond with eachother, and love the men in their lives.

That being said, I have been extremely disappointed with this season. I feel that the show could be so much more than what it is. It's much more shallow than it used to be. So much has changed from previous years. The demons are jokes, the storylines have been laughable, and a continuous plot has been nonexistent. In fact, I feel like the sisters have regressed from what they've grown to in the years before. My one hope is that the writers come to their senses, and start coming out with a good plotline!

Agree or Disagree?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Calling out to the Charmed fans out there"
Posted by AugustGirl on 04-27-04 at 05:31 PM
Hi LBoogy! Welcome to the boards. I, too, got hooked on Charmed from the TNT reruns.

I agree with you.

I've been wondering why I haven't been as excited on Sunday nights anymore, and actually once forgot that Charmed was on until about 15 minutes into the show. You've hit the nail on the head. The story lines aren't the same. For about three minutes I was interested in who Chris really was, but after the "big reveal" I wasn't so much interested anymore.

And this whole "Phoebe trying to find a man so she can have the baby" storyline? Oh Please! This is not the Phoebe we have come to know and love. That Phoebe is so far beyond this Phoebe it's laughable.

Bring back the *Real* Charmed ones. Now!

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-27-04 at 10:28 PM
It's still on. I quit watching last year because it got to be exactly what you have described. Bring back the original P3. Although I do like Rose Mcgowan more than Shannen Doherty.

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.
CASH Wine gopher

Posted by Asrai on 04-27-04 at 11:39 PM
I, too, adore the charmed ones! I still watch the reruns, but something is seriously lacking in the excitement department!

Oh well, I'm easy.....I'll still watch!

Sigpic crafted by the master himself, IceCat!

Posted by LBoogy on 04-28-04 at 02:29 AM
Thanks for the replies! It's so good to know that people feel the same way I do. I've really hated watching the new episodes, they're so much worse than the older ones! Pheobe doesn't even seem like she has real emotions anymore. I love Rose McGowan, but I feel that so much more could be done with her character. And what's up with Piper and Leo breaking up???!!

I may stop watching soon, but I keep hoping that it'll get better somehow.

Posted by AugustGirl on 04-30-04 at 07:34 PM
I'll keep watching too, LBoogy, and I'll keep hoping it recaptures the old magic (pun intended).

*waves to Brvn and Asrai*

Posted by LBoogy on 05-02-04 at 11:40 PM
I missed the show tonight. Did you watch it? Anything happen of interest?

Posted by Deonna on 04-30-04 at 08:05 PM
I stopped watching when Piper and Leo broke up. That was the final straw for me.

Deonna

I should have known that Augie, Brvnkie and Asrie would be here also.

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-30-04 at 11:47 PM
I would feel ashamed about all of the shows that I watch except for the fact that I see a lot of my other frinds here. I may be a loser but I'm not alone.

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.
CASH Wine gopher

Posted by Asrai on 05-01-04 at 04:04 AM
Oh honey, you only realize how much of a loser you are when you see your color coded TV schedule taped up next to the TV and have it programmed into your reminders and calendar on the pc!

Yep, I'm a loser......and proud of it! *giggles*

has always wondered what it would be like to be in bed with the charmed ones! Whut?!

Posted by LBoogy on 05-02-04 at 11:31 PM
Hey, nothing wrong with being a loser . I am proud to admit that I am loser too.

Posted by Asrai on 05-03-04 at 06:58 AM
*does the secret loser handshake with Boogy ending with a high five*

ASRAI

Posted by buckeyegirl on 05-12-04 at 11:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-04 AT 11:31 AM (EST)

Joining the loswer crowd...I actually go to thecharmedones.com to read the spoilers they have so I know get my Charmed fix before the show ends.

Edited to say that i probably just should've edited my other post to say that..<sigh> it's one of those days.

Posted by Asrai on 05-12-04 at 06:06 PM
No way, BEG....one should always use another post to add to thier level!! Woohoo, you are my hero!

Smooch!

Posted by buckeyegirl on 05-11-04 at 11:53 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-04 AT 11:54 AM (EST)

I'm a huge Charmed fan, and I was so excited about the Chris storyline when it began...however this season is just missing something. I think that the earlier story lines focused more on the sisterly relationship, and they don't do that so much anymore. I'll be with the show till the bitter end.

*Waves to AugustGirl*

Posted by AugustGirl on 05-11-04 at 04:47 PM
I'll be there until the bitter end, too.

*waves* to buckeygirl*

Posted by nailbone on 05-12-04 at 02:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-04 AT 02:55 PM (EST)

I pretty much only watch occasionally, cuz Alyssa Milano is hot.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-