URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2002
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Question about "Bad Day" Song?"

Posted by irishrose on 05-21-06 at 10:36 PM
I know for the first part of the show they used the Daniel Powter single, but in the past few weeks they have had a someone else singing it. Any Reason Why? Just wondering I notice it a few weeks back.
Thanks

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Question about "Bad Day" Song?"
Posted by frisky on 05-21-06 at 11:14 PM
They played a slow-dance version for Pickles and for Chris. No idea why. My theory is that it was sad for the producers to say goodbye to Pickles, and it was such a shocker for Chris to go (and, again, sad for the producers.)

Rolly made this.
Desperate Housecats

Posted by Snidget on 05-22-06 at 06:09 AM
I'm not sure if it is a different singer, on Itunes there are two versions of the song by the same singer. One the peppier radio version, and the second a slower live version and they sound different enough it could sound like a different singer.

Posted by irishrose on 05-23-06 at 08:18 AM
I checkend it out on MSN I think you may be right. Thanks for the help. I wonder why they changed it?

Posted by frodis on 05-23-06 at 10:14 AM
A few theories as to why they changed it:

- People were getting tired of hearing the same song every week. (I know I was.)

- The song has been topping the chart, I believe due to its use on Idol. I'm sure it's selling a lot of copies on iTunes and the like. Two versions? More sales!

- What Frisky said, about the particularly "sad boots." Elliott got the slower, mournful "Bad Day" too.

"sick of the song!"
Posted by niteowl0205 on 05-23-06 at 04:20 PM
I'm so sick of that song! And I feel it's a little insulting to someone who gets near the top and gets booted. It's a helluva lot more than your average 'bad day', huh? Seems rude to me. JMO.