URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 1624
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Canadian Idol Top 2 East Coast Update Thread"

Posted by strid333 on 09-13-05 at 08:13 PM
Let's keep the comments here until everybody has had a chance to watch the show.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Half an Hour of Filler!!!!"
Posted by strid333 on 09-13-05 at 11:17 PM
And tomorrow is going to be worse.

Three is the perfect number.

"Melissa"
Posted by strid333 on 09-13-05 at 11:22 PM
Angel

I've heard so many versions of this song that I've grown quite tired of the song, but I did like her version.

Jake said the lower register in the beginning was a bit shaky but at the end he'll never forget her name again (which he did earlier in the song). Farley said it was really well done. Sass said it was rich and sparkley in lower register and it upper it went cheerful. Zach faked cried and said it was really nice. (Zach - what a freak, today.)

"Rex"
Posted by strid333 on 09-13-05 at 11:30 PM
Alive - New Single

I think that it should be Melissa to win (out of these first 2 performances).

Farley said he sang it like he wrote it himself (and best idol single ever). Sass said he kicked Canada's butt. Zach said if he has trouble getting a record deal, you know my phone no. Jake said his best performance on the show ever.

"Melissa"
Posted by strid333 on 09-13-05 at 11:41 PM
A Broken Wing

It's good. But if she chose this song, (a bit on the country side), I'm afraid I won't be buying the CD (considering I do not like country music).

Sass said it was just beautiful. Zach said she'll only get better with age and expect multi-plantinum. Jake said technically good but a bit boring. Farley said watching her tell the story of the song is really amazing.

"Rex"
Posted by strid333 on 09-13-05 at 11:52 PM
Bulletproof

Did I mention that Rex should ditch the hat because he looks so much better. Ok. This song is going much better than his first, imho.

Zach said you are exactly who you are. Jake said only guy who can wear hat head well but did a good job. Farley said there was a sense of maturity in today's performances. Sass said he keeps surprising her.

"Melissa"
Posted by strid333 on 09-14-05 at 00:01 AM
Her turn at the single

I think she sang the single better than he did.

Jake said she looks her best but overall did a great job singing it. Farley said it looks effortless. Sass said she's a hit singer. Zach said "Long Live the Queen."

"Rex"
Posted by strid333 on 09-14-05 at 00:12 AM
Superman

He sang it very well.

Farley said he's really risen to the occasion. Sass said it's about heart and soul and he's got it. Zach said it's not vocal gymnastics and he loved how he performed it. Jake said he looked really good.

"RE: Canadian Idol Top 2 East Coast Update Thread"
Posted by Loree on 09-14-05 at 01:59 AM
I still don't think either are as talented as the final 2 last year. But they both did well tonight. And congrats to whichever one wins tomorrow.

"And the winner is..."
Posted by strid333 on 09-14-05 at 10:48 PM
With the closest ever Canadian Idol result . . .

Melissa!

Congrats to her. But Rex shouldn't be disappointed.