URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 524
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"In the driver's seat without a licence."

Posted by Fast Eddie on 03-31-01 at 11:30 AM
Yes, Amber is now in charge. The others appear to be in very set alliances. Whichever one she joins can form the Final Four. Will she use her new power wisely? As portrayed so far, she seems as much in control of the car as Maggie Simpson in the opening of that show. Let's see if the editors have been fooling us.

On the other hand, with the main villain out of the picture, all kinds of alliances could change. The goal is in sight; people have to rethink their strategies and loyalties. The smartest move would be to bounce Colby, but that's what Gervase said, and anytime I find myself agreeing with an idiot I have to rethink things.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: In the driver's seat without a licence."
Posted by SkyRaider on 03-31-01 at 12:03 PM
Maggie Simpson looks like Dale Earnhardt (well, maybe that's not the best example) compared to Amber in the driver's seat. I think she'll just continue to tag along with Ogakor until they mercifully decide to dispatch her to where ever it is that good puppies go. She doesn't appear to have the cunning or simple intelligence to understand that she COULD be a major player now.

Posted by Survivorerist on 03-31-01 at 12:14 PM
Slowly but surely, Survivorerist does his work as another poster begins to see the power of Amber.

Survivorerist

**GO AMBER!**

Posted by Fast Eddie on 03-31-01 at 01:45 PM
"See the power of Amber"? She has had power thrust upon her; she certainly has done nothing to earn it. You must be a relative or a fellow Croatian (I'm guessing, from her last name). But hey, let's see what she does with the power.

Posted by Survivorerist on 03-31-01 at 01:54 PM
>>>She has had power thrust upon her; she certainly has done nothing to earn it.<<<

"Rice is rice."
- Colby Donaldson

And so is power. I don't care how she got it. The main thing is that she has it.

>>>You must be a relative...<<<

Alas, something I can only dream of. (Am I delusional? You tell me.)

>>>But hey, let's see what she does with the power.<<<

"In the spirit of the Olympics, let the games begin."
-Tina Wesson

Survivorerist

**GO AMBER!**

Posted by texansrock on 04-01-01 at 11:35 PM
I think the smart thing for Amber to do now is form an alliance with Nick. That way, Nick could tell Liz and Roger that he convinced Amber to join them and they could vote off C/T/K one by one. Then, when it is down to just the 4 of them, Nick could tell Liz and Roger he wants to vote Amber off and get them to go along with it since she wasn't a member of their original group. But Amber and Nick would really vote for Liz, who has 2 previous votes against her. If R/L vote for Amber and A/N vote for Liz, then Amber wins the tiebreaker. That leaves Amber, Nick and Roger in the final 3. A/N vote off Roger if he doesn't win immunity, and the final two end up being the least expected castaways: Amber and Nick. That would be exciting tv!

Posted by Survivorerist on 04-02-01 at 03:11 PM
>>>the final two end up being the least expected castaways: Amber and Nick. That would be exciting tv!<<<

Oh yeah, definitely.

Survivorerist

**GO AMBER!**

Posted by Fast Eddie on 04-02-01 at 03:24 PM
And people would wonder how two losers got into the finals. You'd have to rethink ever watching the show again.

Posted by 5Foot3 on 04-02-01 at 04:21 PM
I believe that Amber has the power to change the way this game plays out. She must be smarter than what most of us give her credit for, she just has to be. But whether or not she uses that power is another question. I would love it if she did but I believe that she is going to vote the way that Colby tells her to.

Posted by Survivorerist on 04-02-01 at 04:53 PM
See post #2.

Survivorerist

**GO AMBER!**

Posted by Fast Eddie on 04-03-01 at 08:17 AM
>She must be smarter than what most of us give her credit for,
> she just has to be.

You're right. Nobody could be that stupid.

Posted by desert_rhino on 04-03-01 at 11:21 AM
>>She must be smarter than what most of us give her credit for,
>> she just has to be.
>
>You're right. Nobody could be
>that stupid.

I'd tend to use the word "vapid," instead. I don't think she's stupid, but she's spent the last decade or two learning how to be popular, rather than learning how to think.

Popular doesn't work on Survivor, I think. Everyone's too busy thinking about what USE or THREAT you can be, and the only use for a POPULAR person is to have a relatively safe vote that you can control. All you have to do is treat them like you LIKE them. Jerri saw that, but wasn't able to forge a larger alliance, because she's a #####. <smile>

-- JV