URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4259
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Cao Boi love thread"

Posted by zipperhead on 09-15-06 at 09:44 AM
One of these players is actually embracing his cultural heritage instead of "representing" for the mostly white audience?! Good for him.

A little too eager to impress the youngsters with his folksy knowledge, but maybe he'll grow on them. Like a welt on their forehead. Man, I love home remedies.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Cao Boi love thread"
Posted by Estee on 09-15-06 at 09:50 AM
I don't know about love -- but so far, he's the only one I can stand.

Posted by Lasann on 09-15-06 at 10:00 AM
I loved him just from his picture. To me, though, he tended to over-emphasize the "old" world and the rest of the tribe wanted to "blend" into the new world and be unrecognizable. I hope that doesn't hurt him!

I immediately go to the underdogs (at least in my mind). So I'm immediately pulling for Cao, Jessica, Stephanie, Ozzy (well him because I find him **ouch, ouch** hot).

It a Tribe original!!!

Posted by zipperhead on 09-15-06 at 10:11 AM
I'm liking Stephanie a little bit right now, but I want to see what she does in the next week or two before I climb onto that wagon.

Posted by nailbone on 09-15-06 at 01:55 PM
I think Jessica's only an "underdog" cuz she's an idiot.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

"Cao Boi is a character!"
Posted by michel on 09-15-06 at 10:12 AM
His treatment of the wind was pretty impressive. It made me think that, being of French heritage, my ancestors also had a quick and probably less painful way of getting rid of headaches. It was called the guillotine!

"Yep"
Posted by moonbaby on 09-15-06 at 10:42 AM
best one to watch so far. The others? *yawn*

"RE: Yep"
Posted by nazpink on 09-15-06 at 11:25 AM
I'm jumping on the Cao Boi wagon. I love love love him!!! I find him quite interesting and in a weird way...attractive....I also love looking at Ozzy

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 09-15-06 at 11:52 AM
Cao Boi's just so...odd. But at least he stands out for a reason other than losing the chickens or getting himself voted off. Oh, and lagging behind in challenges after expending all his energy trying to chop down a tree with bamboo, or whatever the hell he was doing. So it's too early for love, but definite respect.

Posted by FireAnt on 09-15-06 at 12:51 PM
Without Cao Boi, the first episode would have been really bland. Gotta like a guy who isn't afraid to be himself in a group of strangers. But, if he doesn't reign in his personality a bit, he just makes himself an obvious target. Let's face it, the tribe won't keep him around just so he can relieve their headaches. It's definitely the guys on Aitu who stand out: Ozzy was my clear favourite (along with Stephanie) of all the survivors after last night, and Yul seemed to have his head on straight (but it will be interesting to see how fatigue and hunger affect him). I wasn't able to get a feel for the women on Aitu after just one episode, but I think Aitu will be one of the tribes to be reckoned with, along with Puka.

For now, though, Cao Boi stands as the most interesting of the survivors. Just hope he doesn't become annoying.

Posted by zipperhead on 10-06-06 at 12:01 PM
Putting the nest back in the tree - that was pretty cool. But admitting to being humbled was even better.