URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4249
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TOO MANY GAMES?"

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 09-11-06 at 05:13 PM
Hey All!

I'm as big a fan of SURVIVOR as any, but I was just noticing all the separate threads about all the different games going on in this section and wondering if it isn't going to be confusing for anyone (like myself) just coming in to chat about the show?

I'm trying to make a constructive suggestion and really hoping it doesn't get me "voted off the island", as I really enjoy stopping in to read and post when I can. Please do not be offended...I'm just asking:

Currently there are 15 posts just on the very first page of this topic that all have something to do with PTTE, Mutiny, etc. Wouldn't it be easier and a whole lot cleaner if they each had their own separate folder for those who wish to go there and participate?

Remember....I'm just asking.....Love you all!

Thanks!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TOO MANY GAMES?"
Posted by michel on 09-11-06 at 07:05 PM
We like to play, don't we! This page has both the registering and the first entry post so it will get reduced by half soon. I also suspect that the game threads will be at the top of the page Monday to Thursday but Friday to Monday, the discussion threads will pop back to the fore front.
It should work out... I hope!

Posted by AyaK on 09-11-06 at 07:06 PM
The moderators have been debating exactly this question. For those of you with thoughts on this matter, please post them to this thread.

Posted by MizJazmine on 09-25-06 at 05:31 PM
>The moderators have been debating exactly
>this question. For those
>of you with thoughts on
>this matter, please post them
>to this thread.

All I know is that I want to talk about the SHOW each week and some of the participants and it's just really confusing to log in and see all the games! To be honest I've come in and logged right back out 'cuz it's just too much seeing all the games.

Posted by TxMom2011 on 09-26-06 at 01:25 PM
Really -- It takes too much time weeding through all the games. Sometimes I give up too because I don't see the "non-game" thread. HELP!!!!!

"If you read the whole thread you would see..."
Posted by Snidget on 09-26-06 at 01:42 PM
If you read the whole thread you would see that the people who run this discussion board have agreed to move the games.

The peeps who need to do that are busy and will get to it as soon as possible.

The Bashers forum has almost no games and you can participate there if the game threads are so hard to deal with.

I usually can tell which ones are the game threads and just read the discussion threads.

If people want fanatics discussion threads even with game threads here you may start them and get the discussion going. The people looking for the game threads usually know how to check through the first couple of pages if we had so many discussion threads that the games fell off the front page.

Posted by tribephyl on 09-11-06 at 07:12 PM
I have made the suggestion of a SurvivorGames Forum, to webby, back at the end of last season.

Considering nothing has been changed for this season, yet... I'm guessing the solution was to wait and see.

Sorry for sullying the fanatics forum with games. (I'm a major contributor to the problem.) Perhaps after your request, this will be resolved.

Posted by survivor_21 on 09-11-06 at 07:13 PM
I don't mind the way it is because I play in all of the games, but a seperate folder would be a great way of keeping it all in order.

It would make it so much easier to just go to the "game" folder to make all of my picks and then go to the "fanatics" folder to discuss why we love the game so much!

Can't wait till Thursday!!!

Posted by Kermit the Vixen on 09-11-06 at 07:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-06 AT 07:29 PM (EST)

I agree with S21. As one who plays as many Survivor games as I can, I don't have a problem with all the postings. Well, that is until I start getting kicked out of some games and have to scroll through the list to find the ones I'm still in!

This seems to be a valid and good suggestion, though. We've got fanatics, bashers, and spoilers. It would be nice to have a "games" forum too. With that said... LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

**hopping up and down, clapping hands, acting utterly manic**

Now, it's time to show off the siggies I was awarded after my successful run last season!!

Still my favorite game

A very very very close 2nd

Posted by CattyChat on 09-11-06 at 08:28 PM
I'll echo Tribe, 21 & Vix -- as of last season I am addicted to the games & Survivor being my fave Reality Show of all time, I like to check out just about everything that has to do with the show on these boards.

A new "games" forum would be great, but I just happy to sift through everything -- sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised at what I find. You know, if the games weren't posted in the "Fanatics" thread, I probably never would have started playing - - - it took me 4 seasons to finally jump into the games & 2 seasons to actually start posting. I was a super long time lurker

I only "won" one award of all the games last season & I was Terry on the "Be the Survivor" thread, so I'll end with my fancy sig pix from last season. (I really need to learn how to make some on my own).

Gossip is a full-time job.

I'm the greatest survivor never to win!!

Posted by Molaholic on 09-11-06 at 08:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-06 AT 02:16 PM (EST)

Add me to the "Let's have a separate games forum" column.

Especially helpful for those with the occassional senior moment, thus being transported to sequesterville and loser lodge well before their time.

and, yes, add me to the folks who want a separate games forum.

eta -- I think we should have separate game forums, yes. Because sometimes there are folks out there that get senior moments and get philiminated when they forget to post accidentally.

Posted by Das Mole on 09-11-06 at 08:52 PM
I'm all for a new games forum. I think it would be great especially because the need for bumping entry threads at any time would become non-existent.

Das Mole - PQM Host
PQM Week 1 Entry PQM Rules

"TOO MANY GAMES?What!?"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 09-11-06 at 09:05 PM
Yes, there are a lot of games and perhaps we should have a separate place for a SurvivorGames Forum. These are places we can go to have fun and raise our spirits together as we celebrate our favorite reality tv show ... and just maybe win a sigpic or two.

For me, they are fine where they are, if it doesn't bother all of the other Survivor Fanatics.

Posted by DearAbby on 09-11-06 at 09:25 PM
*raises hand*

I'll jump on the bandwagon requesting a separate games forum.

Vintage tribephyl 2006

Posted by MJewel on 09-11-06 at 09:48 PM
I think a separate games forum would be great! If it can't be done that is ok too. I will have just as much fun playing the games either way. I would also like to say that the people on this board are really great. When I first started playing the games I was welcomed . So...thanks to all of you out there making this board the great place it is!

Posted by seahorse on 09-12-06 at 00:03 AM
It doesn't matter to me, but I think the participation will drop off if a seperate game forum is made.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Posted by Kermit the Vixen on 09-12-06 at 01:48 AM
I have to disagree. Alot of us come here (to Fanatics) just for the games. I LURK other threads for fun, but the vast majority of my posts are to games.

As a matter of fact {sheepish grin} I lost my SB "Virginity", as it were, to the ABC game back in the LionChow days. My very first post ever goes to ... *bowing ceremoniously* "The Game"

(sigh)

And just look how far I have come

Posted by tribephyl on 09-12-06 at 02:58 AM
I think that's exactly the concern. If a game forum is opened, then fanatics would become a ghost town.

Posted by jbug on 09-12-06 at 10:23 AM
>I think that's exactly the concern.
>If a game forum is
>opened, then fanatics would become
>a ghost town.
>

Maybe not. There may be more lurkers here than you realize who would be more likely to post about the show if discussion threads were easier to find without having to weed thru the game threads.
Nothing against the games. I play on a different site but come here to read and get others points of view on what's happening each week on the show.
I'll stay around either way but some of the games here seem too complicated for me to get involved in. Call me simple!!

Posted by JudyB on 09-15-06 at 03:50 PM
>>I think that's exactly the concern.
>>If a game forum is
>>opened, then fanatics would become
>>a ghost town.
>>
>
>Maybe not. There may be
>more lurkers here than you
>realize who would be more
>likely to post about the
>show if discussion threads were
>easier to find without having
>to weed thru the game
>threads.
>Nothing against the games. I
>play on a different site
>but come here to read
>and get others points of
>view on what's happening each
>week on the show.
>I'll stay around either way but
>some of the games here
>seem too complicated for me
>to get involved in.
>Call me simple!!

I am with you on this one. I usually just lurk on all reality boards - but I like to chat in the Fanatics Forum sometimes and find it a bit confusing as to what is chat and what is game. Call me simple too!!!!

"no"
Posted by AyaK on 09-13-06 at 03:49 PM
>I think that's exactly the concern.
>If a game forum is
>opened, then fanatics would become
>a ghost town.

No, we're really worried that game participation would drop. If you all think game participation would stay the same if games were "segregated" (appropriate for Cook Islands...) into a separate games forum, then we'll make the move.

We just didn't want game participation to drop followed by everyone blaming the moderators for such a stupid idea as sticking games in a separate forum.

"RE: no"
Posted by tribephyl on 09-13-06 at 06:00 PM
No, we're really worried that game participation would drop. If you all think game participation would stay the same if games were "segregated" (appropriate for Cook Islands...) into a separate games forum, then we'll make the move.

We just didn't want game participation to drop followed by everyone blaming the moderators for such a stupid idea as sticking games in a separate forum.

First, I was joking, hence the winkie.
My hope is that fanatics would take-off, with renewed vigor.

BUT, I for one would only blame myself if participation in said games had a major drop-off. The spoiler island game is the perfect example of how a game can be run, through a different forum, and not suffer the effects of not being in fanatics.

It can be done, we as game hosts just have to make sure to promote our games in other ways. Other then taking the top 12 spots in fanatics.

Posted by Wallflower66 on 09-12-06 at 00:48 AM
ITA, BOY (sort of)! I hate having to search to find all my games through all that chatty business! I would like to see the game thread separate from all the other stuff.

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 09-12-06 at 02:22 AM
Whatever WF says, I agree with blindly But as a game host now (ahem checkout the PTB week one entry thread ... cheap I know), wouldn't mind seeing all the games moved into their own section.

Posted by byoffer on 09-12-06 at 08:32 AM
It seems pretty unanimous to put all the Survivor games into one forum. Will that include "games" like Caption This, or some of the What If games that pop up from time to time? (often as discussion points)

And the bigger question might be whether or not Loser Lodge would go into that forum also? Are there basher games and non-basher games? Can they co-exist in one forum??

Personally I would give Loser Lodge a forum all of its own! Tribe has earned it!

Posted by DearAbby on 09-12-06 at 09:52 AM
Personally I would give Loser Lodge a forum all of its own! Tribe has earned it!

You wouldn't be sucking up to the game host, would you?

Learning from Mistress Emydom since September ’05

"Which games"
Posted by AyaK on 09-13-06 at 03:58 PM
My personal feeling is that we should just segregate the ongoing week-in, week-out GAMES.

You know, the stuff that makes up the first 10 or so posts in this forum right now.

"Agree"
Posted by Snidget on 09-13-06 at 04:09 PM
I could see moving the week-in week-out season long stuff to a forum on it's own since we have so many games.

It may ghost-town the fanatics for awhile, but it might increase traffic since bashers always has a lively discussion so I'd think things would pick up again after the shock wears off.

Posted by SilverStar on 09-12-06 at 11:58 AM
I would also vote for a separate games forum. Granted, I do not hang out in the Survivor forums very often, but from what I have seen in the past, there are hardly any threads actually discussing the show in Fanatics. I think people come in looking for a place to chat, and all they see are games, so they leave. It's what usually happens to me. Maybe if Fanatics was made as purely a discussion forum, more people would come to chat.

JMO.

*smooches* to all the game hosts, who put in a lot of work!

A Tribe work of art

"RE: TOO MANY GAMES? - YES! "
Posted by LisaPles on 09-12-06 at 03:58 PM
Yes! Please separate the games. All due respect to those who enjoy them, but since you asked, I find it ANNOYING!

Posted by PalmBeachG on 09-13-06 at 00:42 AM
Yes, I agree with you 100%. I came to this forum looking for just a message board on Survivor and found all these extremely long posts with games. The posts were way too long to read, and complicated.

Too much info; and way too complicated an long to read.

Posted by mysticwolf on 09-13-06 at 04:18 PM
Thought about this a bit before answering. A separate game forum seems appropriate, BUT, like some other have said, had I not encountered the games in Fanatics it is unlikely I would have ever encountered them. I probably would never have gone into a forum devoted specifically to the games.

Even now, it's only this year, after posting for, what? somewhere around 3 years, that I've taken the plunge and decided to try to play in a couple.

Maybe a compromise of sorts...

Have the initial sign-ups, rules, links to former years, message in Fanatics - as now. Before, the actual season and game starts. Then, once the game is actually started, have all of the game activity take place in the separate forum.

That way posters, particularly new posters, have the opportunity to see the games and the rules - and posters like me who haven't participated in the past get reminded of them at the start of each season - but the forum isn't cluttered with the gameplay throughout the season.

Autumn by Tribe blogging's scary

"I like it"
Posted by AyaK on 09-13-06 at 05:54 PM
Good idea. This appears to address the problem that, without the visibility of Fanatics, the games won't add new players.

Posted by tribephyl on 09-13-06 at 06:04 PM
Good Idea Mystic!

Having a Sign-up post left in fanatics will insure others get a chance to see what the game is about even if they haven't been to the newly minted game forum.

I likey!

Posted by Snidget on 09-13-06 at 06:06 PM
Listen to the Wolf! They are always wise

Posted by mysticwolf on 09-14-06 at 01:06 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-06 AT 02:00 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-14-06 AT 01:24 AM (EST)

AyaK likes it (Wow, made my day!)? A major game master likes it? And, a regular poster/gamester likes it? All important components.

*happy wriggles*

I live for good compromises. Everybody wins - at least something. And, otherwise, someone always feels like they've simply lost.

ETS: May I also suggest that the game finales, and maybe major milestones (that would probably have to be heavily defined/policed, based upon game, show, & milestone activities - merger point - ok, major character/player bounced - prolly not), be permitted to post a link message in Fanatics as the season goes on/ends. Just as we often post a link in all forums to the recraps. That raises (and reminds) interest, but keeps the discussion where it belongs.

(Plus - If it's a game link message done like the recraps - only far less frequently - it could be posted in Bashers as well as Fanatics, possibly garnering even more players. I know that even though I like the show I spend almost all my time on Bashers.)

ETA: This, done correctly, would also cut down on the, admittedly understandable, times the original game post might be bumped back up by game masters and avid players to keep it visable.

Everyone would know that it would still reappear at some point.

Granted. We probably don't want the original thread to get lost to archives during the season... But, maybe a rule that says any bumps of it have to come from a moderator - locking it to posts when the timeframe has elapsed (after moving a copy of it if it's still open to other players for new sign-ups, if it's still "open")?

Possibly more work for AyaK, but stll doable. Game masters could be responsible for alerting (via PM - not the ALERT process) AyaK when their initial rules thread was dropping low on the board. Also, possibly keeps them adding to Fanatics traffic, at least in view numbers (I assume the software collects them), and maybe posting a time or two to something other than the game.

Autumn by Tribe blogging's scary

Now, let's see what others think about it...

"Re: Agree that a separate forum is need. "
Posted by cycles2k on 09-14-06 at 03:37 AM
I agree with the concesus here that a separate forum for games is a great idea.

"Response"
Posted by AyaK on 09-15-06 at 03:27 PM
Thanks to everyone for responding in this thread. We've decided to go with mysticwolf's suggestion and will be creating a new games forum for week-to-week gameplay, while the sign-up threads will remain on the fanatics board.

This should take place over the weekend.

"RE: Response"
Posted by tribephyl on 09-18-06 at 06:42 PM
This should take place over the weekend.

....?

Maybe by next weekend?

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 09-16-06 at 09:47 AM
Thanks to all for your thoughtful replies!

The change will make for a better overall experience on the boards...and who can argue with improvement?

Hope the exchange was helpful!

Now....back to TV!

Posted by RonReports on 09-17-06 at 08:48 PM
>Currently there are 15 posts just
>on the very first page
>of this topic that all
>have something to do with
>PTTE, Mutiny, etc. Wouldn't
>it be easier and a
>whole lot cleaner if they
>each had their own separate
>folder for those who wish
>to go there and participate?

Yes, I agree, that is an excellent idea.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-19-06 at 12:24 PM
>Hey All!
>
>I'm as big a fan of
>SURVIVOR as any, but I
>was just noticing all the
>separate threads about all the
>different games going on in
>this section and wondering if
>it isn't going to be
>confusing for anyone (like myself)
>just coming in to chat
>about the show?
>
>I'm trying to make a constructive
>suggestion and really hoping it
>doesn't get me "voted off
>the island", as I really
>enjoy stopping in to read
>and post when I can.
> Please do not be
>offended...I'm just asking:
>
>Currently there are 15 posts just
>on the very first page
>of this topic that all
>have something to do with
>PTTE, Mutiny, etc. Wouldn't
>it be easier and a
>whole lot cleaner if they
>each had their own separate
>folder for those who wish
>to go there and participate?
>
>
>Remember....I'm just asking.....Love you all!
>
>Thanks!
>
>

My thoughts also. WAY TOO MANY GAMES! Really the problem is not too many games it is that they should have their own forum. I am looking to talk about this season of Survivor and all there is is games....the games destroy the forum.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-25-06 at 03:09 PM
It is out of control! Guess I gotta go to Survior Bashers.

Posted by emydi on 09-25-06 at 03:16 PM
I think Ayak is dealing with something and has not had a chance to move the games into their own forum..

Posted by Jims02 on 09-26-06 at 06:04 PM
That's what I assumed as well.

Although, still... AyaK never posted his Episode 1 summary or got around to the Games Forum, so I'm starting to be a little concerned. It's weird to be concerned about a message board poster, but I hope something serious didn't happen.

Posted by Chez on 09-27-06 at 12:08 PM
I can't csay there are too many games. If I were into the games I would be eager to try them all. But I am not doing the games, so it is annoying to have to sift through all the postings to find threads I am interested in reading or responding to.

Please set up a new folder for the games.

"Games moved"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 09-30-06 at 02:39 PM
Sorry folks, it took a little longer than expected, but the game threads have been moved to their own new forum.

Thanks,
SB

"RE: Games moved"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-02-06 at 04:57 AM
No thank you, webby.

The new forum is getting some good use already.

"RE: Games moved"
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 10-02-06 at 11:07 AM
THANK YOU!