URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4062
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"secret immunity idol"

Posted by wmeek on 04-14-06 at 02:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-06 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

My wife and I are having a debate on the use of the secret immunity idol that Terry found. She says that it has to be given to someone before the vote like the regular immunity does and I disagree. I say that part of the strategy of the secret idol is that it can be given AFTER the vote. Feedback please.also is there any place on the official web site that addresses this ??
Thanks in advance,
Wmeek

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: secret immunity idol"
Posted by Hoobie on 04-14-06 at 03:59 PM
If I remember correctly:

The strategy part of the idol is that someone can (and should) show the idol after the vote, but that person must already be in possession of the idol.

Posted by Hoobie on 04-14-06 at 04:02 PM
Semi-related question:

What's to stop Bruce (or anyone really) from stealing the idol? Terry would have no recourse except whining about it. This isn't a playground - you do what you need to do 'Survive'.

P.S. - I understand that when it comes down to the final 2, the one who stole may not get the votes for the win. But a $250,000 payday is a lot better than 8th place.

Posted by Aruba on 04-14-06 at 04:51 PM
Actually it's a $100,000 payday for runner-up (still nothing to sneeze at). But you probably hit the nail on the head when assuming that the thief would probably not get the votes to win as a result.

Why else wouldn't Danielle better her position AND possess the HII by flipping?...probably same reason. Even if it gave her a great chance of making the F2, the Casaya members on the jury would vote against her.

Posted by iltarion on 04-15-06 at 01:45 AM
Hahaha... well, there have to be SOME rules. If you allow Bruce to steal the idol, then what is to stop Terry from administering a beat down on Bruce to get it back?? I don't think the show wants to go there.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-15-06 at 08:34 AM
Well, there *is* a rule against going postal on each other -- getting into a physical altercation is grounds for expulsion from the game. So if Terry was to adminster a beat-down, he'd be tossed.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Posted by Karchita on 04-15-06 at 02:26 PM
Pepe,
There is definitely a rule against violence, but is there a rule against stealing? If someone could steal it, I would think a guy like Terry would have the HII hidden somewhere no one would ever find it and he wouldn't have shown the hiding spot to Bruce. I have been thinking there has to be a rule against stealing this season with the HII in play even if there wasn't one before.