URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4047
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Idol Confusion"

Posted by mickeyvon on 04-07-06 at 01:13 PM
Hate to criticize Survivor and can't bear to put this in the bashers' section, but...

Don't you think they didn't do a good job explaining all the rules to the viewers about the immunity idol?

For example, when you can transfer it? If you can give it to someone after the vote?

If you read the message boards, everyone's opinions seem to vary based on their interpretation of the rules.

Why didn't they explain it better? It's ruining the season, IMO.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Idol Confusion"
Posted by nazpink on 04-07-06 at 01:23 PM
I think it would have been nice to know exactly how the II can be used especially when it comes to giving it to others. From the way things went down this last TC I am assuming that Terry either gave the idol to Sally opposed to Austin or neither, this could mean that he was not allowed to give it to Austin after he was voted out or he just chose to keep it for himself.

Posted by Lisa0116 on 04-07-06 at 02:19 PM
Austin (on Survivor Live) said that Terry would have had to give it to him BEFORE Tribal Council for him to use it. He can't give it to him during Tribal council.

Posted by tribephyl on 04-07-06 at 06:01 PM
I get it...

HiddenImmunityIdol:
This Idol can be given to any player (or kept for yourself) before TribalCouncil, but does not need to be "revealed" until after the vote. (This does not prevent people from voting for you.)

ImmunityIdol:
This Immunity can be given to any player (or kept for yourself) before the Vote. (This will prevent people from voting for you.)

The difference being, one of them is known before you make your vote. The other one is revealed after the vote.

No One is given the opportunity to give away either immunity after the vote is read.

Posted by Molaholic on 04-07-06 at 07:59 PM
I may be just as confused as others, but after watching Austin on SeeBeeEss this morning, I get the impression that Terry didn't give the II away to anyone after all. Terry tried to bribe Danielle with it to protect Austin, but she obviously didn't take the deal. Connie Chung asked Austin if Terry 'stabbed him in the back' by not giving him the II, and Austin said no.

Or maybe he did give it to her and she stabbed them both in the back...

Malim prędari