URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 3950
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"All-Stars revisted..."

Posted by iltarion on 02-24-06 at 03:47 AM
Tonight I rewatched the infamous episode where Lex decides to boot Jerri instead of Amber. First of all, as much criticism as I have for Lex, he gets too much criticism for this one decision. The episode actually showed that it was first Kathy's idea to keep Amber, and even Shi Ann was for it. Shi Ann couldn't stand Jerri, and both her and Kathy actually suggested they were scared of Rob and the consequences of booting Amber. Congrats to Rob for being such a power player that people from the other tribe even were scared of him. Or did Shi Ann also know about Lex's pre-show alliance with Rob and feared this would cause Rob to break it?? Lex also obviously thought the goodwill gesture would seal the alliance with Rob, and he had played his entire game based off the pre-game alliance, as evidence by his destruction of his own tribe, a very strong tribe until Lex had it hamstrung. So, no, I don't really blame him for that decision, as unfortunate for him as it was, but I do blame him for his hypocritical reaction afterwards. Rob was actually a pretty stand-up guy by telling Lex ahead of time that he was going and apologizing for it. Rob obviously felt bad about what he had to do. But Rob was right. He was playing the game the moment the season started. Lex wasn't playing the game, instead relying on a pre-show alliance he had made with Kathy and Rob and Tom. All of his decisions were based off that. Sorry, but we don't want to see someone win because of plans made prior to the show. Rob was the better player and deserved to give Lex the boot. Also, I was disappointed to see Kathy crying and saying she wanted to quit in this episode. Her being so disconcerted after Rob's confession showed that, like Lex, she had no game to go on other than her pre-show alliance with Lex. Minimal props to Lex for insisting she keep her immunity and also some props to Lex for saying that beyond his wife and boys everything else was gravy. Good attitude. Too bad that attitude didn't carry over to final tribal council.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: All-Stars revisted..."
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 03-01-06 at 10:08 AM
I lost a lot of respect for Lex by his game play and hypocritical behavior.