URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 3854
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I am mortified to admit this"

Posted by Molaholic on 12-13-05 at 09:28 PM
but while I was watching the finale,
I --- uhhh --- fell asleep right after the torch walk and missed the last IC and F3 TC. Work up in time to see Danni and Steph burning the camp.

Just what was the endurance IC? And did I catch jiffy saying during the reunion that Rafe gave away immunity??

I'll be back after a bit of self-flagilation in punishment.

showing off my official LoserLodge siggie by tribephyl

Table of contents
  • RE: I am mortified to admit this,oz4ever, 00:45 AM, 12-14-05
  • RE: I am mortified to admit this,iltarion, 01:06 AM, 12-14-05
  • RE: I am mortified to admit this,byoffer, 09:08 AM, 12-14-05
  • RE: I am mortified to admit this,Steph_Fan, 09:34 AM, 12-14-05

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I am mortified to admit this"
Posted by oz4ever on 12-14-05 at 00:45 AM
They had to stand on a wobbly board that tilted 360 degrees. For an hour they were allowed to hold onto 2 ropes (1 for each hand) then they had to let go of one of the ropes, then after another half hour had to let go of the last rope. They were allowed to lean/sit against these poles that made a frame for the ropes (see the pictures in the caption this Steph photo thread in Bashers or on CBS site).

All three made it to the "no ropes" part, but Rafe lost because he touched the poles with his hands (which you weren't allowed to do). Steph eventually slipped down from her sitting position because her legs are shorter than Danni's. When Steph lost, she started crying from exhaustion and frustration and Rafe was "touched" by this and told Danni that he "released" her from any promise she had made previously made to him, and for her to choose who she thought deserved to make the F2 with her (obviously Rafe was still expecting her to take him). So she took Steph, knowing she would beat her in the jury vote.

Rafe only voted for Steph because he was so pissed that Danni voted him out.

And a Tooheys New Year!

Posted by iltarion on 12-14-05 at 01:06 AM
The final endurance challenge had all 3 competitors balancing on a rotating platform. They were allowed to use two ropes for the first hour to hold themselves up, and then one rope for the next 30 minutes and then no ropes. All 3 were balancing with no ropes when Rafe lost focus and touched the post, which they weren't supposed to touch, eliminating him. Stephanie and Danni battled it out for a while after that, but Steph kept slumping farther and farther down until she finally just collapsed to the ground. She cried over her exertions because she fought so hard and was so bitter to lose, probably knowing neither her nor Rafe could beat Danni in a vote. Rafe was so moved by Steph's effort that he told Danni she was released from the promise she had made to him, to take him to the final 2 as long as he took her to the final 3, and vote for whoever she thought was best. Danni picked Steph, apparently seeing her more as the villian in people's eyes than Rafe. Personally, I don't think Rafe would have gotten more votes than Danni either. He was just as guilty as Steph in voting out Jamie, Judd, and Cindy, and Gary and Bobbi Jon were clearly going to vote for Danni.

Posted by byoffer on 12-14-05 at 09:08 AM
Mole

How could you??

anyway, I put a decent pictorial of the endurance challenge here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID1/3296.shtml

I only show Steph, but after they had to let go of one of the ropes all three fairly quickly got into the position shown by Steph in the second picture. Her being the shortest was a big disadvantage.

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

Posted by Steph_Fan on 12-14-05 at 09:34 AM
Oh no! This was my favorite part of the whole finale. I thought it was a great challenge, and with Rafe gone, appreciated watching struggle to beat the long-legged Danni. You have to get a recording of it from someone.