URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 3840
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Why Panama Again?"

Posted by Shulman on 12-12-05 at 08:10 AM
I am confused. Of all the exotic locales to choose from, why will Survivor return to Panama? I'd like to see a different location. Am I the only fan who feels this way?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Why Panama Again?"
Posted by lvoetulips on 12-12-05 at 09:56 AM
I? have always wanted a survivor in the Alaskan wilderness. I would love to see them there trying to survive the cold, and do challenges in the snow.

But them being there in the summer would be just as cool. Watch out grizzlies, lame survivor hotties are here!

Posted by Das Mole on 12-12-05 at 10:38 AM
Yeah, I love how this is gonna be the third season filmed there. The location's not that exciting, IMO, but whatever.

Posted by bystander on 12-12-05 at 10:42 AM
But its a new and Skeery Island. It's not like they all look the same, is it?

Seasonally appropriate greetings by Bob!

Posted by byoffer on 12-12-05 at 11:11 AM
Panama has to be cheap for them. Not too far from the US. Same time zones as US (easier logistics). Easy to bring in people/supplies. Heck, they probably left some stuff there from last time. And obviously they have a good working relationship with the govt of Panama.

I agree that a non-tropical location would be interesting. Alaska or the Queen Charlotte Islands just south of there would be awesome. They've never really gone to Europe, but the high population density would make keeping secrets a problem. Maybe someplace in Russia?? Again, the logistics would be tougher, so why would they bother.

Despite all the neat non-tropical places, face it, they want the survivors to be stripped down, not covered up. Bikinis always sell more than parkas.

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

Posted by arturbars on 12-13-05 at 04:36 PM

>
>I agree that a non-tropical location
>would be interesting. Alaska
>or the Queen Charlotte Islands
>just south of there would
>be awesome. They've never
>really gone to Europe, but
>the high population density would
>make keeping secrets a problem.
> Maybe someplace in Russia??
> Again, the logistics would
>be tougher, so why would
>they bother.
>
>Despite all the neat non-tropical places,
>face it, they want the
>survivors to be stripped down,
>not covered up. Bikinis
>always sell more than parkas.
>
>

If they would have it in the non-tropical location like Alaska or Russia, they obviously would have go there for survivor 13 (film in the summer). I agree with the bikini-factor. But let me tell you this - I don't know about Alaska (as I have never been there), but in Russia there are plenty of locations where they could get a good show. In the summer it is really hot during the day and cold by night, so it will be very similar to Outback season, where they were in bikinies during the day and had to cover head to toe by night...

The perfect spot in Russia would be Lake Baikal in souther Siberia or on the Far-East coast - access to water... even though swiming in Lake Baikal could be too cold even in the summer..

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-13-05 at 05:29 PM
>Panama has to be cheap for
>them. Not too far
>from the US. Same
>time zones as US (easier
>logistics). Easy to bring
>in people/supplies. Heck, they
>probably left some stuff there
>from last time. And
>obviously they have a good
>working relationship with the govt
>of Panama.

They probably said "Do you want Manuel 'Pineapple Face' Noreiga back? No? Then shut up and let us back into your country to film."

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Posted by Lisa0116 on 12-12-05 at 01:43 PM
It takes less palm grease to get the location than to try to get the US govt. to allow them on Alaskan wilderness (protected) land-after all, how could bush and his cronies make any money drilling for oil up there if they have to pussyfoot around Survivors???

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 12-12-05 at 03:39 PM
Panama works so well for them because at the end of the season Jiffy can get to the States faster on his Jet Ski.

Sig by Cignus

"These Are the Laws of My Administration:If any form of pleasure is exhibited/Report to me and it will be prohibited/I'll put my foot down, so shall it be/This is the land of the free." Rufus T. Firefly