URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 3661
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What ever happened to luxury items?"

Posted by Spanky68 on 10-12-05 at 11:45 AM
I might have missed this discussion before, but I don't remember the last time I saw a luxury item since...Rob C.'s Majic Geekball.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What ever happened to luxury items?"
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 10-12-05 at 07:32 PM
They were expressly forbidden in Pearl Islands and haven't been back since. I really don't understand why...my guess is that EPMB wanted to do away with them and used the Pearl Islands "Just the Clothes on your Backs" twist as an excuse. Never mind that they gave them enough money to get elected to whatever Pamana's legislative body is...

Posted by Kermit the Vixen on 10-12-05 at 11:56 PM
This makes me sad. I thought it was a really cool insight to see what each contestant brought. Not only Rob C's magic 8 ball (hilarious) but also Robb's skateboard in the jungles of Thailand, Jeff and his coloring book/crayons, Elizabeth's homemade "immunity" headdress, Colby's Texas flag, a few Survivors brought bibles.... ahhh.... the good old days.

- Vixen

Why are you looking at me? Stop looking at me. I said, STOP -- wait, what? OK, never mind.

"My fav luxury item was..."
Posted by Spanky68 on 10-13-05 at 09:24 AM
Colby's Texas flag. Not only was it A. Texas. Flag. But it was also a shelter. Texas is awesome.

"RE: My fav luxury item was..."
Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 10-17-05 at 12:21 PM
my fave was Jenna M's Sorority Jacket well it became my fave when it got burned anyway *snicker*

Posted by RealityRyan on 10-14-05 at 07:11 PM
don't forget Brandon and the chapstick

Posted by Cyndimaus on 10-13-05 at 04:09 PM
I miss the luxury items too. Remember Keith's cooking pan? And didn't someone bring a football once? Maybe they didn't want them to have too much "fun" while there....

siggie by ARnutz

Posted by oz4ever on 10-14-05 at 07:38 PM
I started a thread about this back in May:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/3314.shtml
As you can tell from the content, this was back before my real obsession started and before I made a database of all the survivor's birthdays, hometowns and luxury items for use in emydi's Jeopardy and KOfan's Trivia during the offseason.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by leianawd on 10-15-05 at 02:29 PM
Don't forget Gabriel, from Marquise Islands, he brought a teddy bear.

Posted by Stana on 10-15-05 at 10:46 PM
Are they given toothpaste and toothbrushes? They seem to have nice clean teeth

Posted by oz4ever on 10-16-05 at 00:01 AM
My brother insists they have a dentist on site or that they only cast people with perfect teeth. You can see this especially at tribal council because their teeth look so perfect and white in the firelight.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by leianawd on 10-16-05 at 12:00 PM
Yeah, it does seem like they choose alot of people with nice teeth, I know there is certain roots that people can use to clean their teeth.