URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 3648
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S11 PTB Week 4 Results/Week 5 Entry Thread"

Posted by KObrien_fan on 10-07-05 at 07:44 AM

Well, well, well. Only 8 people survived last nights episode: Dreamer Believer, Cuon, Das Mole, Libra Rising, John Mc, MJewel, Rebel Crown, and Tribephyl

With 8 left, my dilemma is as follows:

Do I allow players that have been booted the past 2 weeks to re-enter the game but at a cost of an additional 10 points and 5 picks?

or

Do I allow players that have been booted the past 2 weeks to re-enter the game and as a bonus to the 8 that remain add 10 picks to each of their alotments as a "settlement"

or

Do I just play the game out with the 8 that remain?

I need your help guys, what do you think? If you don't feel comfortable posting your reply in this thread, please send me your ideas via PM.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S11 PTB Week 4 Results/Week 5 Entry Thread"
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-07-05 at 07:56 AM
I pick option number 2 where you let us losers back in and reward the 8 remaining with 10 extra picks for bonus!

Posted by byoffer on 10-07-05 at 08:13 AM
I got booted and of course I want back in, so my preference is #2. But that feels a bit like Survivor Pearl Islands, and I completely understand if the 8 still standing push for #3.

Posted by mimo on 10-07-05 at 08:30 AM
well as a recent bootee, my pick would be option two--but that might not seem right to the 8 that got it right. (hats off to you guys!!)

Posted by KObrien_fan on 10-07-05 at 08:37 AM
Actually only 4 of them got it right, the others are alive thanks to their win in the immunity challenge

"No. 2!"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 10-07-05 at 09:33 AM
I vote No. 2! As this season is most unusual with no leaks as to who is going, just consider the past two weeks as an extension of the "probationary period." Let us start over again from the beginning. (No points - square 1) and the few people left in the game should get big rewards for having survived this long! But, I too, completely understand if you want to keep it as originally designed. Let's hear what the eight players left standing have to say. I will respect any decision that is made. Thanks for running such a great game!

Posted by smokedog on 10-07-05 at 10:05 AM
Personally, I feel that ONLY the 8 people left should vote on this.

And if I was one of those 8, I would pick option 3.

Posted by KObrien_fan on 10-07-05 at 10:14 AM
We aren't voting here Smokedog, I am asking for opinions from everyone. It wouldn't make any sense with doing option 1 or 2 for example if the booted players have no interest in continuing, and I am sure there are some players who have sighed a big sigh of relief now that they are done.

I'll take the opinions and weigh the options before making a decision, but certainly the opinion of the 8 carries more weight in this process.

Posted by kingfish on 10-07-05 at 10:18 AM
I think option 2 is reasonable. However, I wouldn't object to letting the decision be that of the legally remaining dudes and dudettes. We could have carping post to allow the legal 8 to vent at the end of the game if one of them didn't ultimately prevail.

I assume that the legal 8 wouldn't object to strongly, competing with only 8 for the remaining 11 (10?) weeks would be kinda boring, and the way spoiling this season is going, those 8 might be 0 next week. Or the next.

This is an extraordinary season, with bamboozleing being the theme of the S11, Guat. season. Calls for extraordinary rules. I assume ABC is in the same situation to a lesser degree. But he has Rule #10...to be made up later.

Suggestion: add a Rule #10 (or what ever is next) of your own, as a basis for whatever unilateral rules changes become necessary.

Another option; Well, the survivor tradition is for the bigger blocs to prevail at voting time, and, maybe for the first time ever(?) the losing bloc is bigger than the winning bloc.....

Or, we could just face up to the fact that we lost.....Nahh, whining is more fun.

Posted by KObrien_fan on 10-07-05 at 10:33 AM
This isn't totally unprecedented for this game, I think Echo had a similar wipe out of players at least once during her tenure as host, and I seem to recall that I had a similar event either last season or the one before, but I haven't searched the archives to see what exactly was done but it is similar to what I have proposed.

Again, this is not a vote thread, I am asking for opinions, so far it does sound like players that have been eliminated are interested in coming back to the game in some fashion, I would like to hear from the 8 players (hint hint) so that I can get a feel for what they think should happen.

Posted by Wallflower66 on 10-07-05 at 10:39 AM
Hey, I'd still like to be in the game, so I'd prefer either option #1 or #2, if it's OK with the majority of the 8 still in. I don't want to ruffle any feathers.

Posted by Das Mole on 10-07-05 at 10:44 AM
Only the 8!! No, j/k.

I say you let the eliminated players back in, but take away 5 picks and points, and then give the remaining 8 5 picks and points each

Posted by JohnMc on 10-07-05 at 11:10 AM
Here's how I see it.

If this was the game from previous seasons, there would have been no immunities. So even I would have been eliminated. I reap the reward of a Yaxha IC victory, so I consider myself greatful to be alive.

The true champs are Das, Rebel, dreamer, and the illustrious Tribe. The rest of us are survivors who are greatful for our fate.

So I think I go back to what Scarlett says. Option #2 and just call this an extension of the non-elimination weeks.

I would suggest 2 things, though.

1. After this, no more extensions of non-elimination. I mean, this will be week 5, and there are only 14 survivors left.

2. Those who still remain should be in a separate echelon. We should still be allowed to battle things out for our own top spot. I mean, we did manage to make it through, either by correctly picking the bootee or by getting immunity.

Just my thoughts.

Posted by RudyRules on 10-07-05 at 11:19 AM
As much as I'd like to stay...
I think it's only fair to the 8 that the rest of us head off to loser lodge.

Your defending two time college football pool champion

"Another possibility ..."
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 10-07-05 at 11:40 AM

Here's another suggestion - keep the game intact for the eight remaining players and start another "loser edition" of PTB for all of us losers? What do you think?

Posted by LibraRising on 10-07-05 at 12:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-05 AT 12:32 PM (EST)

I'm one of the "only alive because of immunity" folks, and I think option 2 is fair -- just have people re-enter the game by request, and if they'd rather call it quits, then they'd have that option as well.

eta: With the switch out of the way and a pretty good feel for tribal dynamics now, I think our mortality rate will be much lower from here on out.

A Nutzy/IceCat masterpiece.

Posted by agressionx on 10-07-05 at 02:07 PM
I like #2..

The remaining players should be rewarded in some matter for sure..

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 10-07-05 at 02:30 PM
As one of the Magnificent Eight, I'll give some thoughts. Must admit that I'm a little torn, on one hand I want as many people to have fun and be in the game for as long as possible, but on the other hand my competitive juices wants option #3.

While having immunity last week kept me in the game, making only one bootee pick was strategic in nature. Had I not had immunity, my entry would have looked more like this week. To get Brooke right, I had to use 7 picks and a fourth of my allotment.

Do like JohnMC #2 thought ...

2. Those who still remain should be in a separate echelon. We should still be allowed to battle things out for our own top spot. I mean, we did manage to make it through, either by correctly picking the bootee or by getting immunity.

We should be allowed to battle it out for the top dawg spot and being the overall red/black ink champions. Which would mean that no matter the scores, for anyone in the lower echelon to be crowned a red or black ink champ, all of the Mag8 playing for either +/- would have to be knocked off our pedestals.

To add to John’s thoughts, we should be allowed to have our own bootee pass into the lower echelon at any point during the game. Once a lower doesn’t make a bootee pick, they’re out for good.

Scar's idea is basically the same as the high/low echelon split.

If you do go with the split KO, then there should be no bonus. The top eight are still competing against one another.

Plus I wouldn't mind seeing my old tribe-mates back in the game to compete with me for the challenges. Awfully lonely over here on Nakum beach all by myself

Posted by LibraRising on 10-07-05 at 02:43 PM
If we do the echelon thing, I think it would be only fair if everyone who has been eliminated -- not just the ones gone this week -- would get a chance to come back, but that might be tough to do with points.

A Nutzy/IceCat masterpiece.

Posted by MJewel on 10-07-05 at 02:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-05 AT 02:53 PM (EST)

I agree with everything dreamerbeliever said. I like everything she said. That way everyone still gets to play and it is fair all around to everyone. I too played strategic this week like dreamer did last week as our team had immunity. If I would not have had immunity I would have had to use up more picks. However, if you don't like that and it is too much extra to do then I say option 2, let everyone back in but also the eight should receive one free immunity pass to use whenever needed.

Posted by kingfish on 10-07-05 at 04:10 PM
I just can't seem to leave well enough alone, so I'll jump in again I'll just back up M (martha?) Jewels second idea.

No money is involved, just enjoyment and pride. Which are substantial enough. But we aren't really bound by the abstract idea of what the technically most fair thing to do would be, and in order to be fun it has to be viable, and in order to be fun and viable, there should be players. Unless we have a reentry option, the game will be over in a few weeks, Or down to one or two anyway, where would be the fun in that?

I just know KOB has some cool challenges up her sleeve (on LL it would be tucked in her red Bikini, alas), and how can you have fun in her challenges unless there are a reasonable number of competitors?

OTOH, this is a time consuming (as well as very well done) game for KOB, and the only real unfairness would be if this caused her to have to devote even more of her time (along with moving and new job) to it.

Therefore Jewel's (Mary?) second option with a extra immunity (they are golden this year) seems to be the best compromise. To me.

Give the Amazing eight their due; a "PTB Genius", or " PTB Amazing 8, or a "Done Good" or a "Winner of first half of PTB" sig, and carry on. More can compete, and the amazing 8 can compete for the second PTB prize (FOr me, without immunities, this is all academic, I'm probably gone in a week or two anyway. This year is hard.).

Posted by MJewel on 10-07-05 at 04:44 PM
Martha...hmmmmmmmm...no and Mary...uhhhhhhhhhhh...nope <grinning at Kingfish>.

"Wow!!!"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-07-05 at 04:30 PM
And I thought my ABC snuffer was gonna get the major workout this week. Sheesh.

Only eight players left, huh?

Where is the dilemma?

I say just let the game continue on as normal. But with only the remaining 8 still eligible for the prize.
(I would feel the same way even if I wasn't one of the 8, I promise.)

If you feel like re-introducing the losing players back into the game then it should come with the disclaimer that it be for entertainment purposes only and none of them should be considered for the top prize.

Frankly, if anyone started this game (or any of the fanatics games) without knowing the potential outcome if they made some wrong choices then they are fooling themselves. Bootation is part and parcel of the PTB.

By giving the booted players a free chance to re-enter (with no serious penalty) it chips away at the integrity of the PTB and in a way effects it's overall enjoyment for seasons to come.

Of course I will stand by any decision you make KO. I will also do what I can to help you figure this out in a more amicable way.

Till then, I'll order more beds (and Rum) for LoserLodge.

Posted by kircon on 10-07-05 at 04:57 PM
I would love to keep playing the game. But rule are rules. Kingfish touched on the idea that there could be 0 players in the near future. At that point We all could re-enter and begin the game from scratch. I'll be out of town for the weekend, if we need to ask to get back in I'm asking now. If not I guess I will bring you my torch. *one lone teardrop fall down my cheek* I'll check what's going on Sun night. KO thanks for all your hard work on this game. It will always be "My First".

Posted by cadfile on 10-07-05 at 07:01 PM
I sure found out how hard it is to figure out the early going pre-merge without any hints and a lack of consensus among people.

If I could get back in PTB I would because it's fun for me and adds abit to my enjoyment of the show.

I fully respect any decision made anyway the host decides.

I don't think, should us losers be allowed back, we should be allowed to win this game. That wouldn't bother me a bit as I really don't play to win, I try to best EPMB each week.

My hats off to the 4 who made it this far without any help. The full 8 deserve the win.

I would hope that I could be allowed to play along for kicks and giggles but would understand if that didn't happen.

I use to be a photon in the wavelength continuum, but now I wear pants and talk.

Posted by MJewel on 10-07-05 at 11:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-05 AT 11:48 PM (EST)

Just a thought or two . When the game started everyone had a choice which level to play at. Some players chose to play at level one and thus got to compete in immunities. The immunities won or lost had to be worked at and earned...thus I don't really feel anyone had help in that respect. The week before last Nakum earned immunity and made their picks strategically. This week Yaxha earned immunity and also made picks strategically.

Had Yaxha not earned immunity I know my bootee list would have looked very different and I would have had to use up a number of picks. Level one started the game with only 16 picks so they have to be used wisely for sure. If not it is off to LL which I might add has been an enjoyable experience thus far ...I have heard a lot of new "music" and and have uhhhhhhhh partaken in some activities <grin>.

I have really enjoyed playing the immunities especially the sentence one and I spent a considerable amount of time on that one as a lot of us did. I think I went cross-eyed <grin> but I had a lot of fun. Nakum did a really great job on that one! <Bowing to tribe Nakum here>.

I think that this season of Survivor has been tough and the shake-up of the tribes really had everyone wondering but I think it is better this way. Everyone now has to try and play this game by using our minds and logic and not spoilers so much. It makes it a lot more interesting when everything is not all layed out.

Anyways, (the long way around to my point is) KO...whatever you decide to do is fine with me. I have greatly enjoyed playing your game, have enjoyed competing in the immunities and also getting the chance to play your game along with all of these other great people. That's what it is all really about anyway...playing the game with some spirit of competition and having a lot of fun along the way. I hope that you always have this game and host it because you are a great host and definitely a creative and fair one .

If I end up in LL from your game then I say...bring on more gin and tonics and I definitely need my pink feather boa <grin>.

Posted by Molaholic on 10-08-05 at 00:43 AM
But if we get reinstated, does that mean we get booted from Loser Lodge?

Of course, KO, whatever you decide will be what the decision is...

Posted by Rebel Crown on 10-08-05 at 02:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-05 AT 05:14 AM (EST)

Being one of the "Exalted Eight" (kinda like the Sovereign Six ), my first instinct was to be selfish because this game is tough, but I agree with the idea of letting everyone back in, with the 8 getting a Bootee Pass for future use and/or more picks.

My idea is to have the 8 of us as the leaders, with the re-instated ones in a second tier, starting at 9. Red inkers would be listed as last (first in their minds, lol). Then, when and if the 8 get booted for the first time, be absorbed into the second tier until the 8 have all been eliminated. The leaderboard would then be balanced again.

But I'll go along with whatever is decided, KO. I just didn't want to lose the status of still being alive in this game.

I had Brooke on my list for a reason!

Posted by oz4ever on 10-08-05 at 07:54 PM
I would say option 3, because in all likelihood any outcast players would get booted again next week. It's probably much easier for you to run with just the 8 players left. There's a lot of other games on these boards for us to play instead of hassling you to get back in this one.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by whoami on 10-08-05 at 10:39 PM
I sure would like to get back into the game, but it would only be fare to let the elite 8 battle it by them selves until there is no one left then let us all back in. After all they did make the right picks.
What ever you decide will be alright with me.