URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 2991
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Smooth Moves - Week One"

Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 02-19-05 at 01:27 PM
In bashers, we have the GUFA thread, where we vote for dumb game moves.

I think we need a thread here on fanatics, where we can vote for smart game play moves.

The GUFA thread asks for 2 player votes, and a production vote, so maybe we can follow that format here.

My player votes this week would be for Coby and Tom.

Coby was successful in ousting Johnathon. Weather that was smart or not, time will tell, but just the fact that he was able to do it, I thought was impressive.

Tom has clearly been thrown into the leader role on his tribe. That's a tricky thing, as leaders are always targets. But I thought he found a good balance thus far as to being a leader, but not being bossy or obnoxious.

Production? I liked how the first IC/RC required a mix of brains and brawn.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Smooth Moves - Week One"
Posted by echogirl on 02-19-05 at 02:04 PM
Great idea!

Smooth Moves

1. Coby's influencing Jonothan's departure. Coby planted seeds of doubt about Jonathan and it obviously influenced the "pick em" game. Smmoth move!

2. Koror's performance in the IC. They had a great plan and worked together as a team.

Production

It looks like they picked a great location.

Posted by eat_em_alive on 02-19-05 at 02:04 PM
My vote would be for Tom. He was a real surprise for me to see how he dominated the challenge. He was also smart in avoiding the fire building task. All in all, he really surprised me that he was so interesting. He looked like somewhat of a dud initially and I wondered if he had made it due to the fireman factor. It is now obvious he is a player.

Even though he exerted great influence already, I think Coby will have a short life on this show. He is way too blatant and active in his scheming right from the get-go. I think that people will start talking and finding out that he is talking to everyone and his torch will get snuffed. Unless he backs off and gets a bit more subtle. But somehow I don't think that subtle is something he knows much about.

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 02-19-05 at 08:03 PM
My vote would be for Tom. He was a real surprise for me to see how he dominated the challenge. He was also smart in avoiding the fire building task. All in all, he really surprised me that he was so interesting.

Hate to be contrary here, but I give Tom a big Thumbs Down! I do not feel that he dominated the challenge. Ian was the one who in my opinion led his team to victory. Calling out the canoe strokes and steering the canoe ... All Tom did was hook up with Stephanie and take his tribe to an unknown island without any input from them (which looks to be like a bad decision!) That was a stupid move, IMHO. Then, in his confessional, he whines about it.

My vote goes to young Ian! He emerged as the first challenge winner. What did James say ... "That tall skinny dude sho cane swim..." He also guided his canoe beautifully onto IC victory. And he appears to be a great underwater diver. Lastly, he's a nice kid!

Second vote goes to Palau. It truly is a beautiful setting.

Posted by Molaholic on 02-19-05 at 02:17 PM
Yes, a great ideee!

Players
1. Tom. UTR but clearly a leader. Managed to get rid of Jonathan.
2. Willard. Play up the "old man" bit but really making strong alliances.
Production
The theme. Magnificent natural beauty contrasted with unimmaginable horror of war.

Yet another Syren gem © MMV
Is it too soon to start a 1000-DAW countdown?

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 02-19-05 at 02:55 PM
Smart Player Moves

1. Ian - for being a 23 year old man who picked Katie first when he still had the choice of any of the hottie girls. Very refreshing and I just know that I'm going to love these two clowning around together.

2. Katie - Basically the same reason as Ian. For picking Tom early over some of the 6 pack studs. Just love the Koror tribe btw

Production
location location location - very pretty.

Posted by smokedog on 02-19-05 at 04:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-05 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

Contestant:
1- Coby gets Jonathan eliminated
2- Koror is smart in the challenge

Production:
1- I like the theme music this year

Posted by Jims02 on 02-19-05 at 05:49 PM
Contestants
1. Koror smartly chooses to take only flint, giving them a pretty huge IC victory
2. Coby plants enough seeds in order to get Jonathan booted.

Production
1. Beautiful location
2. Just dropping the 20 players on the beach with little/no instructions.

Jims02: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate. Jims' Random Thoughts

Posted by Mo0 on 02-19-05 at 08:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-05 AT 08:33 PM (EST)

Players
Coby getting Jonathan booted. Genius.
Koror not being total idiots at the IC.
Production
The opening title theme; probably the best the show has had so far.
The location; WOW is this a pretty area.

-Mo0cow--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.

Posted by seahorse on 02-19-05 at 11:04 PM
1.Coby almost single handedly getting rid of Jonathan. What did he have against him except that he was someone to go after besides himself.

2. Koro's smart moves in the immunity challenge.

Production
1. The location is indeed the most beautiful location yet.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by clemsonbeav on 02-20-05 at 00:11 AM
No noms here, but could someone explain how Coby got Jonathan eliminated? I'm still trying to figure that one out. Thanks!

"My $0.02"
Posted by smokedog on 02-20-05 at 00:19 AM
Coby said (in the ep) that he was going around and putting a bug in everyone's ear about Jonathan. I guess he did it because Jonathan didn't talk to him once (or do much talking at all). So when the time came, everyone thought Jonathan was not a guy you want on your team.