URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 2977
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor LIve"

Posted by Alaskan on 02-17-05 at 05:11 PM
Does anyone know who is hosting Surivor Live this show? I don't know what happened to Richard Hatch so I don't know if he will be hosting it. I thought he was a great host and if he couldn't do it I hope someone like Rob C. would also be good.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor LIve"
Posted by Mo0 on 02-17-05 at 11:19 PM
According to the website, it's Jenna Morasca and Dalton Ross. Ick at Jenna hosting, and I have no clue who Dalton is.

-Mo0cow--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.

Posted by cadfile on 02-17-05 at 11:35 PM
Jenna??? Ewwww.

I hope they don't have the clues for bonus points again this round because I will hate to sit through it now.

Posted by MandyM on 02-19-05 at 08:14 PM
I have been in correspondence with Rich's official site, and it's not that Rich didn't want to host...HE WASN'T ASKED to by CBS. I'm sure this is probably because of his IRS troubles or something (his official site reps did not tell me the reason, just told me that he wasn't asked, but had wanted to host again)

I don't know about you, but I watched this first Survivor Live with Dalton Ross as the host (Jenna was, according to Dalton, off in a far distant country for something Survivor related) and I was NOT impressed. I have read his writing (he posts a weekly Survivor column) and he is a far better writer than host. He doesn't seem to feel comfortable with the camera and it seems to me that he wants to be liked, so therefore he doesn't stick to his guns about his opinions on how the contestants played.

I don't know how many of you watched Survivor Live last season, but *I*? I was their number one fan...I saw every single show and a few of them I watched more than once. Rich Hatch was the ultimate host.....heck, he is the grandfather of the freaking game! He asked tough questions and wouldn't let the whining excuses stand...he called their gameplay stoopid when it was, and complimented them when their gameplay was good. And the natural chemistry he had with Booker was just gold in my book. The two of them would trade barbs with each other and with and about the contestants. They became a part of my weekly routine...Saturday afternoons, I would settle down to my puter to watch back to back (Thurs. and Fri.) episodes of this highly entertaining show. I think I almost enjoyed Survivor Live more than I did the actual show Survivor.

If you are still reading this post and enjoyed Rich as the host as much as I did, I have a favor to ask of you. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go to cbs.com and watch Dalton Ross host this weeks show. If you think he is as good a host as Rich, then fine, no need to read further. But if you miss Rich and Booker, then PLEASE write to CBS (at the very bottom of the cbs homepage is a feedback link, click it!) and tell them that you want Rich and Booker back as hosts. It's too late for this season to change anything, but maybe if enough people #####, they can work out a deal for next season. I hope CBS gets an earful, because I soooooooooooo miss my Hatch Fix!!!

MM Yes, I AM quite aware of what a dork I am to be so worked up about this.......but I was TOTALLY ADDICTED to Survivor Live last season and it was all because of Hatch!