URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 2553
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"RRRRRUUUUUUUUUPEEEEERT!!!!!!"

Posted by Howard Dean on 05-14-04 at 03:52 AM
Congratulations to the Gentle Giant!

Sometimes the right guy wins! This vote definitely restores my faith in humanity. LOL

(And after an unbelievably sad vote on American Idol the night before, my faith in humanity definitely needed some restoring.... he he)

Also congrats to Rob on being in the final four! It's good to see that somebody else thought Rob should have won Sunday night. I hope he and Amber will be very happy together.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: RRRRRUUUUUUUUUPEEEEERT!!!!!!"
Posted by Estee on 05-14-04 at 05:15 AM
Okay, I'll say it. I voted for him. (I voted once. For one person. One time. You can probably guess what kind of minority this puts me in.) I'm glad he won. I'm sure he'll put the money to good use. Now, if he could just avoid appearing on my TV set for a few months, I'd really appreciate it.

That's not a bash. Those last few roars nearly blew out the speakers. I don't want to go electronics shopping right now.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 05-14-04 at 07:22 AM
DW and I forgot to vote, so we were very happy to see him win. And thank you Laura for not humping his leg on TV again.

"Don't be stupid, Stupid!"

Posted by greenmonstah on 05-14-04 at 12:44 PM
*Snort*

Posted by rjrabbit on 05-15-04 at 11:41 PM

*double snort*

Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-14-04 at 08:23 AM
I voted for both Rob M. and Rupert, and I must say it was so great to see him win. Yes, Rob deserved it but Jiffy said several times that the was all-time "favorite" Survivor and THAT is an easy choice.

I'm glad Rupert won the money because:

1) He definitely needed it more
2) It finally rewards the "good guy"
3) He will actually do some good with the money
4) I LIKE THE GUY

Conga-rats to the big guy. Good job.

"Good for him"
Posted by Drive My Car on 05-14-04 at 08:49 AM

Congrats to Rupert and his family.

I really hope he gets some good finacial planning advice. Rupert is a kind person with a generous heart, and I can just see every person he ever met hitting him up for money. He should be able to secure his families future, and help some people, but that million won't go that far if everyone has a hand out.
I also think that Rupert will be able to continue his work with troubled kids, while making money with personnal appearances. The organazations he works with will also benefit from his fame.

I didn't vote for him, but it is good Rupert won, he can do a lot of good if he's careful with the money.

"RE: Good for him"
Posted by LUVULACEY on 05-14-04 at 08:21 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE.

Posted by tinybubs on 05-14-04 at 08:58 AM

Good to see Rupert win the money, he's a big goofy doofus just like me, so it was nice to see someone who I consider to be a "good guy" win the bundle.

I would not have been disappointed if Rob had won it either, he played a great game and should have won it over Amber.

Colby in the final four wasn't a big surprise to me, he always seemed popular to the women I work with, just assumed most women felt that way.

Tom was sort of a surprise, but I couldn't think of a different person to put in that group either.

Posted by Cin on 05-14-04 at 09:47 AM
I voted for Rob M. to win the money (I really do think he played the best game out there) But I'm not dissapointed Rup won. The final 4 was nice. I was a bit shocked Tom was voted in but when he started to tear up, I wasn't bothered by him being voted for at all.

Grats Rupert! (but please stop the yell :p it has started to become as annoying as Randy from AI's Dawg and yeah yeah's)

Cin

"Actual Results?"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-14-04 at 10:17 AM
They mentioned on the early show that Rupert got 85% of the vote, so it wasn't even close! However, I haven't seen that anywhere else and I would love to know who came in second, third, etc.

Also of interest - Rupert said he would have voted for Rudy if he couldn't vote for himself and of the final four he would have given it to Tom(?!?!).

"RE: Actual Results?"
Posted by calamityc on 05-14-04 at 11:01 AM
85%! No way advertisers are going to ignore that! Wonder what Rupert's style lends itself to being a spokesperson for? Anyone see which commercial is first for Rupert's future?

Posted by nailbone on 05-14-04 at 11:37 AM
Definitely NOT Schick or Gillette.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Posted by udg on 05-14-04 at 01:38 PM
*giggle*

UDG
Actually, if someone could convince him to shave, that would be a helluva ad! "RazorSharp can tame even the toughest beard!"

Posted by Estee on 05-15-04 at 03:39 PM
I'm trying to imagine Rupert without a full beard. I'm failing. The best I can do is Colby with midnight shadow. And that can't be right.

Posted by JohnMc on 05-14-04 at 10:36 AM
I am VERY glad to see that Rupert won. When I saw Tom and Colby in the running, it seemed that Rupert would likely win. All the same, it was nice to see that people like Tom and Colby received some of the top 4 votes. Those 2 are both good guys, and they represent good characters.

But when I saw Rob, I thought that he might have snuck in. I don't think he was a gracious loser in this one; he was just as bad as Lex. He didn't think anyone besides he or Amber should win. On one side, he thinks it shouldn't be a popularity contest, then out of the other side of his mouth, he says that if all the contestants were on the jury that he would have won. Which way do you want it Rob? Popularity or strategy/jury? Either way, you lose.

Rupert deserved to win. It was kind of a "favorite of all-time" survivor, and he really is. Good job, Rupe!!!

"I voted for Rob M....."
Posted by jmuzik on 05-14-04 at 10:59 AM
and was very disappointed that Rupert won. I don't think that Rupert should have made the All-Star show to start with. In my opinion all that he brought to the show was his "pot smoker, tie-dyed shirt." He never "played" the game, and I don't think he deserved to win the million on a popularity vote.

"RE: I voted for Rob M....."
Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-14-04 at 11:04 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-04 AT 11:07 AM (EST)

It wasn't for the most DESERVING Survivor, it was vote for your "favorite". Rupert was clearly a favorite and the person who I would most want on my tribe if I played the game.

Best player? No. But worthy of being on A.S.S.? Darn tootin'!

Rob will get his million by marriage, his free wedding and lots of publicity. He will be FINE.

Voted for Rob M., too but not disappointed in the outcome.

Posted by rjrabbit on 05-15-04 at 11:51 PM
And... don't forget the free wedding their likely to get.

Posted by nailbone on 05-14-04 at 11:43 AM
I agree with PRE. Rupert may not be the best player, but that applies to many of the "All Stars".

But an All Star, definitely. It's been noted many times that in the popularity poll that SeeBS runs in each edition of Survivor, Rpuert BY FAR is the most popular Survivor of them all.

I voted for Rupert, Colby and Rob M., so I was delighted by the Final Four, and not unhappy with the outcome. AND all my faves won in the other categories, too.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-14-04 at 11:50 AM
You prefered Ruperts smack-down with Johnny Fairplay?

Personally, I will never forget Alicia I will always wag my finger in your face Callaway.

Posted by rjrabbit on 05-15-04 at 11:53 PM
Alicia's finger waggle was classic.

*snort*

Posted by ElroyJetson on 05-14-04 at 11:46 AM
I thought it bid well for Rupert when his "stealing the shoes" won "Best Moment"

Thought the best moment was Fairplay's "Dead' grandmother

Posted by rjrabbit on 05-15-04 at 11:57 PM
For me it was hard to decide between Alicia's finger waggle and JFP's dead grandmother. My jaw dropped when he said she was alive and watching Springer. Not many things cause my jaw to drop.

Posted by Laurie on 05-14-04 at 11:55 AM
I felt kind of sorry for the other three finalists. You knew they weren't going to win, so why put them through the suspense?

Rupert's win proves to me that personality shines through. He surely is the "kid that everyone made fun of," but we all love him anyway! I almost cried cause he and his wife looked so happy.

On a different note, what about Johnny Fairplay, thinking he should have been on A.S.S.? I don't think so, but that's my opinion. He may be a good liar, but that doesn't make him a Survivor All Star.

Posted by Blow by Blow on 05-14-04 at 12:37 PM
Gentle Giant?? You must be thinking of the time he nearly strangled Johnny Fairplay after he cast a vote Rupert's way. Or perhaps you're thinking of his reaction when Shawn lost the tip of the spear? Or perhaps his suspicion that Sandra knew he was getting booted and cast a throwaway vote at Jon?

Gimme a break! Beyond the first four eps of S7, I can't understand why people are so in love with Rupert. He whines, he doesn't have a strategic bone in his body, he built an underground shelter, he stank in the S8 challenges, he settled for a 4th place finish, etc, etc.

I'm not saying I hate the guy, I'm just saying I hate the love-fest.

-BxB

I do more to not work than actual work.

Posted by G Edwards on 05-14-04 at 12:59 PM
Blow-by-Blow,

I tend to agree.

You forgot to mention his "everyone's been picking on me since I was a kid" speech. Maybe he'll finally believe that more people like him than dislike him.

Posted by Howard Dean on 05-14-04 at 01:08 PM
Guess what?

His "everyone's been picking on me since I was a kid" speech is yet another reason why people like him.

If you don't understand why that endears him to people, then perhaps you don't understand human nature.

Posted by rjrabbit on 05-16-04 at 00:00 AM
I agree. You can't watch that without your heart melting. Most people have been picked on in their life so a lot of people can relate to him.

Posted by Howard Dean on 05-14-04 at 01:05 PM
His general demeanor, though, is pretty mellow. And even when he is angry, he is a lot more restrained than most Survivors are.

Also, he doesn't hold onto that anger forever, which so many Survivors do. He moves on.

That's one of many reasons, I think, why people like him.

Is he the greatest player? No. In fact, I voted for Rob. Nevertheless, I'm glad to see Rupert win.

Posted by Loree on 05-15-04 at 09:45 AM
>
>I'm not saying I hate the
>guy, I'm just saying I
>hate the love-fest.
>

Agreed! I am sick of them pushing Rupert down our throats like we are suppose to love him. I don't. And if I have to hear his bellowing again while he pumps his arms I am going to break something. I knew he would win. I just hope it means that now he goes away and I don't have to see or hear him again.

"It's finally over!"
Posted by arturbars on 05-14-04 at 01:57 PM
Survivor All-Stars is finally over!!! I am very happy - don't get me wrong - I love this show - and this was one of the best seasons ever. I just had a Rupert overdose in a last few month.... Just too much of him pushed to us by Burnett and company. I am glad he won his million - he seems like a nice guy and has a nice family (who does not, right?), but i am really glad i will not have to see him from now on.... bring on the Survivor 9 and some new blood....

"RE: It's finally over!"
Posted by Howard Dean on 05-14-04 at 05:35 PM
Yeah I have loved this season too ... but it will be great to get back to a Survivor where all the people are new and have just met one another.

Still, the past week was an awesome finish to Survivor 8 ... and it's a good thing, because we have the whole summer to endure now with no Survivor ... so just one more time ....

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

There ... I got it out of my system .... Thank you Rupert!

Posted by missygirl3 on 05-14-04 at 02:42 PM
Honestly, was anyone surprised Rupert won? Not me. He also won favorite moment and fight. favorite moment was not Rupert stealing shoes. Who the heck voted for that?

Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-14-04 at 02:58 PM
I guess the same 85% of the voters who went with Rupert. I agree with you NOT a great Survivor moment - just pretty durn funny.

I STILL remember when Skupin fell into the fire. I may not use the word "great" but holy cow I'll never forget cringing as I watched him squatting in that water screaming. <ouch>

Posted by rjrabbit on 05-16-04 at 00:04 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-04 AT 00:06 AM (EST)

I would have loved to see Mike Skupin in A$$. I'll never forget that episode where he fell into the fire.

Posted by Howard Dean on 05-17-04 at 12:02 PM
Yeah if ever there was a "what if" moment on Survivor, that would be it.

If Mike had not fallen in the fire, a whole different group would have won Survivor II.

Posted by seahorse on 05-14-04 at 03:05 PM
You are right on that one, the most memorable moment on Survivor was Johnny Fairplay's dead grandma hoax imho by far, especially since it was premeditated from before he ever got on the show.

"Rupert was a weak player, sorry but true...."
Posted by CoolHandLuke on 05-14-04 at 05:49 PM
sorry but true, he may have been a hard worker, but he was nothing more than a back.

To me he was a freaking idiot, and I kind of liked the guy the first time around, but that moody outburst to john was scary to say the least, and showed this violent side, the digging into the sand was just dumb as hell, any moron could see that.

Rob M. dispelled the myth that you had to be a great fisherman to catch a fish, hell he said with the sling it was like going to the fish store and pointing at the one you want. That is what Rupert built his reputation on that fact and to me that is not how you win surviovor.

In the challenges he never really prefomed all that well he was clumsey beyond belief almost. Remember the balance beams.

His mental game was about as weak he was certainly one of the poorest there I think at strategy Yeah he hooked on with rob and Amber, but so did everyone else, Rob let him stay, and in the end axed him anyway offering up to Jenna.

Rupert likable, but certainly not a great player at all, and I guess thats ok because CBS never specified what to vote for, I just think it was stupid to give this second million away, because America only sees what MB wants them to see, the surviovors live with each other and vote, the should have the power. Not MB's editing, because everyone has high and lows out there, he shapes them into what he wants, and it got Rupert a million.

I based my vote ont he best player and that was Rob M.

"Another Rupert fan here..."
Posted by wandacal on 05-14-04 at 06:34 PM
And I'm thrilled he won.

One thing I noticed, what was Jerri's problem? Now before everyone gives me a list, I know what her problems are. But why was she visibly pissed that Rupert's name was nominated, much less won? Dislike for Colby (duh) and Boston Rob, sure. And she clapped and looked like she liked Big Tom. But what does she have against Rupert? If anything, he was the only one who treated her decently. I say just jealousy over someone who is so well-loved from someone who will never know what that feels like.

Oh yeah. I think the black hair looks good on her.

H-fan

Hand-picked by JSlice!

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 05-14-04 at 07:58 PM
Oh I'm sorry, I must have stumbled into the basher section. I thought this was the fanatic's area where we the Rupert fans could express our admiration without having to be told our feelings were wrong and misguided.

In my humble opinion, Rupert is the greatest million-dollar winner of any reality series ever. Period. The public opinion tribe has spoken. Is he a man of frailties and faults, yes. Does he have an ounce of conniving ways that sadly seem to be encouraged for a person to excel, no. Is he a likable man and am I thrilled that he won, yes.

And if any of the other three would have won, I would have been happy for them. Not thrilled but happy.

RRRRRUUUUUUUUUPEEEEERT!!!!!!

Posted by Dumby on 05-16-04 at 07:05 PM
Where you the Rupert fans.... !
So no-one can disagree Eh? No-one can say that the man was a total jerk? That he was stoopid to boot and that any teen offered counselling by him should run a mile? That he should change his shirt? Stop the yelling shtick and in short grow up? OH,OK.

"Happy but"
Posted by strid333 on 05-14-04 at 08:57 PM
I was voting for Rob C, because I liked him and he promised to share the money with Rupert. I wanted the money to be split with two of my favourites and to not have either get the full million dollars either. Why? Because this was only a fan poll and not based on the seven people (respect them or not) on the jury who worked to get to that point.

Three is the perfect number.

Posted by whoami on 05-14-04 at 10:37 PM
Yea! I am glad Rupert won. I voted for him. He has what the fans wanted to see in a Survivor.
The fans have spoken and Rupert won.
You can believe what ever you want to to get you through the day or night, (you will anyway). But RUPERT WON.
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FOR RUPERT.

WHOAMI
The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise are often poor, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being at the right place at the right time. ECCL. 9:11

Posted by zulu227 on 05-15-04 at 07:23 AM
One of my favorite moments came in an earlier Survivor, when
scheming, smarmy Silas really thought he had things sewed up,
then was totally blindsided by a tribe switch. Never forget
how his jaw just dropped to the ground.

"RESULTS"
Posted by Charonna on 05-15-04 at 08:31 AM
is there a posting anywhere showing the voting results for the fan favorite? We know 38 million people voted..but how many votes did Rupert get over Rob, or how many votes did Rudy get? This fan wants to know...

~Char

Posted by PsychoKitty on 05-15-04 at 08:14 PM
I read in the paper today that my beloved "Rupie" won the second million dollars and I am so happy for him!!!! He is a wonderful person and he deserved it! He provided all the food, was a loyal friend and player, worked very hard - no slacker there! and proved you could play the game and still be a good person. Yes, he made some mistakes along the way, and who wouldn't? But he's a great person and I am thrilled for him and his family

Posted by Ra_8secs on 05-15-04 at 09:28 PM
He should've given a nod to Tim Allen's line in the movie Galactica-something. "Never give up, never surrender!"

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

Posted by rjrabbit on 05-16-04 at 00:08 AM
Colby is my all time favorite survivor but I'm not disappointed that Rupert won. They're both great guys and Colby has a future in Hollywood.

Posted by indy5678 on 05-30-04 at 09:55 PM

Here's some pics of Rupert from the Indy 500 Parade yesterday. ALso some of the bachelor and average joes.

http://www.picturetrail.com/indy5678

Posted by Laurie on 06-01-04 at 08:18 AM
Thanks for posting those indy. My cousin belongs to the same YMCA as Rupert, she said she had never seen him there though. I told her that last summer no one knew who Rupert was, perhaps this summer when he is at the Y she will know, cause there will be a crowd around him.