URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 2500
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Could a prior winner have won?"

Posted by JohnMc on 05-06-04 at 11:19 AM
I've been itching to discuss this for a while. I didn't know where to post this, but I think it would be appropriate for a group of fans. It's not really spoilerish since it really is just hypothetical, especially now that we know that the last winner placed no higher that 11th?!!

Could a prior winner have won?

I think so, but they would have to recognized their need to band together quickly.

Let's play a different What-If scenario. So if Saboga was the first tribe to TC, and we already know that Jenna L is targeting winners. She has Jerri in her pocket. Ethan and Tina need to team up together, like they did. But if they could work Rudy over to convince him that he would be next in line after those 2 winners. Then they can get rid of Jenna or Jerri, 2 weak (and bossy) links in their chains.

In Mogo Mogo, they made a big mistake in getting rid of Rich. Also, let's say that Jenna's mom was ok and she didn't have to leave. The weak link in the tribe was Shii Ann (even though she played the right game the way she played), and she should have been booted first.

Now Chapera was just a mess of misfits. Rob C was destined to go because of his placement in that tribe. He couldn't even make a real alliance with anyone. His best bet would have been Sue (4th place) and Big Tom (4th place). Based on personalities, that was never gonna happen. Sorry Rob, you'd have had a better game on a different tribe.

This game would have been very different without the quitters. That threw the whole game on end and it became unbalanced. But it would have been much more interesting to watch the winners eat themselves, instead of watching Chapera collapse on itself. The winners needed to react faster to their being a target. Rich needed to form true bonds instead of playing the character of naked and arrogant. Had he done that, I think the Mogos would have been the tribe to beat. And then, you could have had Rich, Lex, Colby, Kathy, Jenna M, and maybe even Ethan and Tina, all on one tribe. That would be fun to watch!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Could a prior winner have won?"
Posted by ivoryElephant on 05-06-04 at 12:41 PM
If Sandra was in it she could have won since no one knew she was a previous winner, not even her.

"The game of 'Survivor' is literally what you've learned throughout your life and how to handle yourself amongst humans and your fellow man,"-Kathy O'Brien

Posted by JohnMc on 05-06-04 at 12:49 PM
Brilliant, IE, simply brilliant. What an excellent strategy! And she even said she was invited to play but she declined because it was too soon. She and Rupert could have easily dominated.

However, she knew that she was F2, and so did Rupert. They would have to agree to not tell anyone and say, for example, that Sandra got the boot when Christa did and that Christa was F2 or something like that. If she was known to be F2, then she'd be just as big a target as the others.

Or, she'd need to take part in the winners alliance.

Posted by KObrien_fan on 05-06-04 at 01:00 PM
Except for the fact that MB made a point of telling the All Stars that Rupert didn't win PI, so he would have told them all that Sandra won, so her secret wouldn't have been secret. Her only potential benefit would have been that they didn't know how she won, what was her strategy, was she a challenge hound (LMAO, yeah right!), who her alliance was with, etc.

It would have been fun to see her on the same tribe as Rob M though and the first time he pissed her off she would have let him have it, lol.

Posted by ivoryElephant on 05-06-04 at 01:09 PM
"It would have been fun to see her on the same tribe as Rob M though and the first time he pissed her off she would have let him have it, lol."

Actually Rob M is her favorite survivor. I read it in the local paper that she writes for.

"The game of 'Survivor' is literally what you've learned throughout your life and how to handle yourself amongst humans and your fellow man,"-Kathy O'Brien

Posted by udg on 05-06-04 at 05:36 PM
I don't think that would hold her back. She told off Rupert a couple of times, even during her jury speech!

UDG