URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 2489
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"All time favorite Survivor Moment"

Posted by rjrabbit on 04-30-04 at 04:11 PM
I'm sure this has probably been done here before but one of the commercials last night said to vote for you favorite Survivor moment. What website did they say to go to?

Anyway my all time favorite moment was when Johnny Rotten said that his grandmother wasn't dead and was home watching Jerry Springer.

Number 2 would be Sue Hawk's snake rant in S1 finale.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: All time favorite Survivor Moment"
Posted by LionChow on 04-30-04 at 04:26 PM
I loved the challenge where Colby unceremoniously dumped Jerri over that obstacle course wall.

Rudi's "I dunno" answers were also pretty classic.

Posted by ivoryElephant on 04-30-04 at 04:32 PM
Survivor1: the moment richard won

Survivor 3: the swap

Survivor 4: Kathy pissing on John
Kathy worrying about the boot and then winning immunity at the merged IC

Kathy surviving the purple rock

Survivor 7: Ruperts pirate theme in ep. 1
Sandra winning

"The game of 'Survivor' is literally what you've learned throughout your life and how to handle yourself amongst humans and your fellow man,"-Kathy O'Brien

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 04-30-04 at 04:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-04 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

It aint number one but I laugh everytime I see Butch do that dance.

Or the image of Kim J getting ran over by that boulder.

Robb choking Clay is hilarious too.

That stuff is hilarious.

"All time favorite Survivor MomentS"
Posted by tribephyl on 05-01-04 at 06:03 AM
If I was to do a season by season piece.
Which I feel the need to do. Please forgive me, but here goes...

2. Rudy's "I dunno"'s.

3. Sooz Final TC Oration

2. Nick during Michael's Pig Hunt. Huh? whaat? where?? And you wanna do what??? Ooookayyyy...
I'm gonna stand over here ... wha ... OH! Watch it! coming your way, no ... no ... no, Oh my way, aaaahhhh ... okay your way ... oooh ... OH! ... NO! OHhhhhh

3. Peas and Carrots.
I know, kinda mushy ... OK, really mushy, and covered in cheese.

2. Bean-Gate!!

3. Frank's "alone time" with the Elephants.
Cuckoo!!

2. Neleh's half-mint gift.

3. Coconut Chop IC

2. The Net Floats By!!

3. RAOD TRIP!!

2. The Burning Camp.

3. Christy's "Evil-Step-Sisters" promise!
Not her actual vote.

2. Sandra wins!!! ... despite Darrahs favor!

3. Osten's Pelicaphobia!
2nd funniest moment by a black man.

a.k.a.
Biggest . Lexdown . Ever.
But it was fun watching the HUH? on his face!!!!

2. Colby's conf. of being "secretly" atttracted to the FNF
Fat Naked Fag

3. Dare I say ... an Amber win!!!!

"All-Stars my ASS!!!!

"RE: All time favorite Survivor MomentS"
Posted by udg on 05-01-04 at 10:00 AM
Even funnier than Osten's pelican phobia was Ryan's commentary on it:
Like if you're afraid of the jungle and you're afraid of the sea and you're afraid of birds… Know what? Don't even come out here!

UDG

"RE: All time favorite Survivor MomentS"
Posted by laughing pygmy on 05-01-04 at 12:20 PM
My Favorite was when Shi-anne plotted and schemed and backstabbed her tribe because they were merging and only to find that she had isolated herself because they were still 2 tribes living together... Her facial expression was priceless!

L)p.

Posted by Oscirus on 05-01-04 at 01:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-04 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

My favorite definately would be Sean's speech at the Tc where John Carroll was dumped If I actually remembered it I would put it here.

My other one would be when Johnny fairplay talked himself into the final three by turning Darrah and Lil against each other based only on Lil's reaction to her letters.

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 05-01-04 at 07:21 PM
Top five favorite moments ...

1. The Rupert Show on Pearl Islands. Any challenge when the big guy went mono-e-mono with cream puff Osten and kicked his sorry butt. Shoegate and the wearing of the skirt of course. Johnny Foreskin peeing in his pants as he thought he might just get smacked. A real smack too, none of that fake wrestling slaps across the chest. Really any moment when my TV screen has Hagrid on it.

2. Season One. Two moments or players tie here. Rudy's "I dunno" game was great. Greg being wacky all the time was also a big highlight for me. The coconut phone!

3. The switch. Season three switch was great. Loved it when Frank and T-Bird were able to turned it around and stick it to Silas.

4. Jerri getting the boot in S2. Everyone at the Survivor party I attended that night let out a huge WOO-HOO.

5. When Thailand was finally over and I was able to start thinking about the next season.

Posted by rjrabbit on 05-01-04 at 09:23 PM
Those are all great moments Dream!!

Posted by I_AM_HE on 05-01-04 at 11:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-04 AT 03:50 PM (EST)

#1 is easily the S3 switch, and Frank and T-bird getting the upper hand on the playskoolers!

#2 - sandra winning

#3 - the rise and fall of the rotu empire

#4 - S2 Jerri boot, S3 Linsey boot, S4 Rawb boot

#5 - a few S2 moments - rodger jumping in despite not being able to swim; keith and tina save the rice in the flood

#6 a few endurance challenge moments - tina giving up immunity to keith; t-bird hangs on against clarence; shii ann (A.S.S. - maybe the only good moment this series, apart from funnies by rich, rudy, and tom) wins immunity with her back to the wall

Posted by rjrabbit on 05-01-04 at 11:43 PM
I just remembered the look on John's face when Pascal and Neleh started playing the game and voted him off. And of course his tearful final words.

Posted by I_AM_HE on 05-02-04 at 02:56 PM
the funny thing is i LIKED john, zoe, and tammy (robert i was so-so on) and the way they had the game all but sewn up, but i also liked seeing them fall.

Posted by rjrabbit on 05-02-04 at 07:26 PM
I liked John too. I thought he was getting a little too cocky and then got blind sided!

Posted by smokedog on 05-02-04 at 00:05 AM
Jenna and Heidi take off their clothes

Posted by ejm92 on 05-02-04 at 02:40 AM
Hmmm....there are a lot, but I'll just go with the ones that are sticking out in my mind for the moment...

Season 1: Sue's snake-rat speech, Rudy's "I dunno"'s

Season 2: Ep.7 Endurance IC, Mike killing the pig, Amber at the Ep.6 RC (standing blindfolded, 2 feet from the finish line, while the Kuchas run right by her and win it)

Season 3: Tom and Lex going to the Masai Mara, the food auction RC, the bean incident with Clarence and Lex's "rebuild the trust" speech, Ethan breaking down at the voting booth when voting Tom out, Tom's jury question

Season 4: Zoe being voted out instead of Robert, the original "Robfather" confessional, the coconut-chopping IC

Season 5: the opening tribal draft, Ghandia's performance at the Ep.1 IC, Jan's pet cemetary, and the many Clay vs. Helen moments

Season 6: Butch's dancing, everyone being creeped out by Matthew

Season 7: Jon's grandma, Rupert the pirate in Ep.1

Season 8: Tom the potty-head, Lex's demise, Rudy wanting to drink the dirty water

Survivor All-Stars: Let's Go Big Tom!

Posted by J Slice on 05-02-04 at 03:39 PM

Hmm...

I never did see S1... sigh... that's what the DVDs are for...

S2 - the Kimmi incident with the finger-waggle; Mike falling in the fire

S3 - Lex goes nuts

S4 - Kathy goin' pee on John; Neleh's mint

S5 - My poor Shii-Ann's self-screwing; "the incident"

S6 - every vacuous, horrible thing Jenna and Heidi ever said

S7 - Osten Ostens

There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? - Randal, Clerks

Posted by rjrabbit on 05-02-04 at 07:32 PM
Great moments emj92 and slice!!

I love Alicia's finger waggle too. I'm not a vegetarian so I was getting sick of Kimmi's remarks. I cheered when Alicia shut her down!!

Posted by sittem on 05-02-04 at 09:40 PM

There are a lot of great memories already listed and I'd put a lot of them on my overall list. However, I think I'll probably stand alone here with my "most memorable" memory of all:

Sean and Vee talking on the beach about how the game isn't necessarily fair to AA's while the rest of the tribe floats in the water. It was a great moment foreshadowing Vee's eventual victory. It was also a very interesting discussion from my perspective.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

"The Switcheroo"
Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 05-03-04 at 04:06 PM
It has to be the first time they pulled the old switcheroo in Africa, and helped put an end to boring pagonging forever.

The look on the faces of the Silas and the gang when they realized how screwed they were after being so cocky? Priceless.

Posted by dajaki on 05-03-04 at 04:54 PM
I don't have one favorite moment overall, so I too must go through each season . . .

Season 1 - Didn't watch it, but I wish I had

Season 2 - (a) the campsite flooding and washing away - once they chose to camp in a riverbed, it was only a matter of time (b) finger wag and Jeff Varner's glee

Season 3 - (a) the swap - loved how it took down the Samboohoos and ego-man Silas who is now getting rejected by a beautiful woman in a contraceptive commercial (b) Lex's paranoia

Season 4 - (a) the Robfather - I missed him after he was gone (b) the disintegration of John C's alliance of 4

Season 5 - (a) ShiiAnn's "D'oh!" at the non-merge (b) Robb chokes Clay

Season 6 - (a) Rob organizes ouster of nearly everyone then can't beat skinny bikini model in F3 (b) Shawna's miraculous recovery from her malaise once testosterone comes a'calling

Season 7 - (a) Rupert the shoe pirate (b) Sandra single-handedly smokes other tribe at village on market day (c) Osten and Andrew lay down logs and sand to defeat the advancing tide (so funny) (d) Jonny Rotten's dead grandma ruse (e) Christa and Rupert on the jury and silent communications with Sandra (f) Sandra wins!

Season 8 (so far) - (a) So many betrayals among friends (b) ShiiAnn wins immunity (I actually stood up and cheered)