URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 2242
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Big Tom Fan Club!"

Posted by I_AM_HE on 02-02-04 at 01:09 AM
I loved this guy in Africa, and he showed why tonight! Funny and doesn't put up with moron's like Rob M! loved him making fun of that dumbASS who doesn't deserve to be back in the first place!

Go Tom!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Big Tom Fan Club!"
Posted by Spanky68 on 02-02-04 at 07:06 AM
I'm with you, He. Tom is rough around the edges, but he works hard and is just himself every day.

Posted by KeithFan on 02-02-04 at 10:32 AM
Go Tom!! I think if they both make a merge Tom and Rupert will make a great alliance!

KeithFan-O-Tron is a registered trademark

Posted by Jims02 on 02-02-04 at 11:09 AM
Yeah, I *hated* him during Africa, partially because of the whole Clarence thing. But Episode One was quite redeeming for ol Big Tom.

A 2004 IceCat creation

Posted by munson on 02-02-04 at 11:49 AM
I agree Jims. Didn't care for Tom much in S3 but kinda likin' the big guy now.

But he needs to come with subtitles!

Posted by Chrissy gal on 02-02-04 at 09:01 PM
I was annoyed by the way he treated Clarence in Africa, but I loved his quotes this episode. Not a total Tom fan, but he could win me over.

Posted by Milan23 on 02-02-04 at 11:35 AM
I've always liked Tom, he's quite the character. I thought he was great in this first episode, and I love it when he makes fun of the others. I hope he goes far.

Posted by DoodleBug on 02-02-04 at 11:40 AM
I loved Tom last night! So happy to see him on this show.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

Posted by Oscirus on 02-02-04 at 11:48 AM
Thank yall kindly. Putting up with these whiners is starting to grind on my nerves.

Posted by I_AM_HE on 02-06-04 at 00:24 AM
yep, Tom still rules

- RMMNW!!!

Posted by DoodleBug on 02-06-04 at 11:51 AM
Yup. I hope he can control his tongue this time around. So far so good.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
RMMNW!!

Posted by Howard Dean on 02-07-04 at 02:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-04 AT 02:05 PM (EST)

I think Tom is hilarious!

Was he rough on Clarence in Survivor 3? It would be easy to assume that. Tom is from the south, and Clarence is black. Then again ... what Clarence did in Survivor 3 was pretty outrageous.

Now in Survivor 8 we see that Tom doesn't suffer any fools gladly. He's tough on the morons regardless of who they are. Regardless of race creed or color.

Tom is keeping quiet right now. As he said, there are 6 different opinions about how to do everything in that tribe, and at least five chiefs and only one indian. So we see all of his humor in the confessionals.

But sooner or later his humor will make its way out of the confessional and into the tribe.

.... Go Tom!

Posted by I_AM_HE on 02-09-04 at 03:32 PM
i must have entered into the Twilight Zone, i'm agreeing with 'Howard Dean' here and in his somments on Rob

you are right on here. people throw around 'racist' labels and the like so quickly, and it's really pretty sad. i think the closest we've had to a racist on this show is sean rector, and i wouldn't call even him that

- RMMNW!!!

Posted by geg6 on 02-09-04 at 03:44 PM

>I think Tom is hilarious!
>
>Was he rough on Clarence in
>Survivor 3? It would
>be easy to assume that.
> Tom is from the
>south, and Clarence is black.
> Then again ... what
>Clarence did in Survivor 3
>was pretty outrageous.
>
>Now in Survivor 8 we see
>that Tom doesn't suffer any
>fools gladly. He's tough
>on the morons regardless of
>who they are. Regardless
>of race creed or color.

Better words were never spoken about ol' Tom! He cracked me up in Africa and he still cracks me up. He's definitely not as stupid as others seem to think. Plus I'm still hoping for another feather moment.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 02-07-04 at 06:40 PM
My sentimental favorite is Big Tom, too. But, my evil twin is rooting for Richard--just to see how he'd pull this one off.