URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 1512
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor Kiribati: Week 3"

Posted by Survivorerist on 12-12-02 at 10:46 PM
Last week, on Survivor...

The Mannikiba tribe lost their first IC and headed to tribal council.

Tribal Council

Tensions were high as the castaways faced Jeff's questions. The two slowest eaters, Gervase and Neleh, felt vulnerable as they both personally felt responsible for the tribe losing the challenge, while Jake and Rodger felt that they could easily be disposed, being seen as the older members of the tribe. Kathy said she felt like an outsider in her tribe and that the only thing keeping her sane was an early formed friendship with Colleen. But in the end it once again came down to us about who would go.

Jeff: I'll go tally the votes. Final tally...

Neleh - 9 votes
Gervase - 5 votes
Colleen - 2 votes
Helen - 1 vote
Jake - 4 votes

Jeff: I'm sorry Neleh, but the tribe has spoken. It's time for you to go.

The second person voted out of Survivor: Kiribati is Neleh Dennis.

Side Note (Highlight to reveal): ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Immunity Challenge 3

Called Wobbly Maze (used in Survivor UK, similar to one in Survivor: Marquesas), this challenge will test your ability to work as a team. Four members of each tribe would have to work together to navigate a ball through a maze course riddled with holes by pulling and releasing ropes to tip the maze. Their score would be based on how which hole they got up to before the ball falls through. Each team would get three attempts, with the total score determining the winner. Every tribe member must compete at least once.

Mannikiba

On their first attempt, Gervase, Collleen, Lex and Helen successfully got the ball to the fourth hole. Wanting another try, Colleen and Helen took on the second attempt with Jake and Kathy and again made it to the fourth hole before letting the ball drop through. Finally, on their third try, Rodger, Colleen, Jake and Kathy succeeded only in getting the ball to the second hole.

Try 1: Gervase, Colleen, Lex, Helen
Score: 4
Try 2: Jake, Kathy, Colleen, Helen
Score: 4
Try 3: Rodger, Colleen, Jake, Kathy
Score: 2

Total: 10

Ika

Brandon, Elisabeth, Jenna and Sean got the ball rolling (no pun intended) for Ika. And what a start it was, as they got the ball all the way to the sixth hole! On their second attempt, Jenna, Brandon and Elisabeth reached a concensus to sub Sean out for Vecepia, and this time only made it to hole 2. Their last attempt, with Brandon, Rudy, Tina and Vecepia, was no better as again they only reached the second hole.

Try 1: Brandon, Elisabeth, Jenna, Sean
Score: 6
Try 2: Vecepia, Jenna, Brandon, Elisabeth
Try 3: Tina, Rudy, Vecepia, Brandon

Total: 10

Judgement

Jeff: Well, we have a tie. In the case that the total scores are tied, immunity goes to the tribe with the best single attempt. That is Ika, who reached the sixth hole on their first attempt. Immunity Ika!

The Ika tribe celebrated while the Mannikibas hung their heads, they'd be going to Tribal Council again...

Winner: Ika

Tribal Council

As usual, it is time to vote someone off. The Mannikiba tribe went to tribal council this week, so cast your vote for one of the following remaining members...

Helen
Kathy
Gervase
Colleen
Rodger
Jake
Lex

To cast your vote, simply put the person you wish to vote for in the subject line. Voting will go until next Thursday, when a third player will be voted out of Survivor: Kiribati.

=================

Notes:

How the challenge was done (highlight to reveal): Since the challenge depended on teamwork, I decided to grade how well certain Survivors worked with each other. First, I divided the United States map into four regions, NE, NW, SE, and SW. I then assigned each player to a region based on their hometown. Then, for each attempt, I randomly decided who would play using my computer program, with the exception of the third attempt if someone hadn't gone yet, in which case they were automatically in. I then assigned them a score based on the following criteria. For every pair of players from the same region, they got +2 points. For every pair of players from the same Survivor series, they got +2 points. I then totalled up all the points for the final result, a tie. The tiebreaker was determined before the selecting and scoring were calculated.

(Another IceCat original )

The Top 5 FLL Castaways

1. Neleh Dennis (11 weeks at #1)
2. Colby Donaldson (5 weeks at #1)
3. Amber Brkich (4 weeks at #1)
3. Helen Glover (4 weeks at #1)
3. Lex Van Den Burghe (4 weeks at #1)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Jake"
Posted by Jims02 on 12-12-02 at 10:59 PM
I like the guy, but I like the others more! Sorry Jake!

Quotes of the week
1. "You will NOT see my ta-ta's" -Shii Ann

2. "Do they think I'm too controlling?" -Helen (um, yeah)
3. "My two year old (had a tantrum) one time and I whupped its @$$ and put it back to bed." -Clay
4. "I'm putting in an order for a bigger butt in my next life." -Jan (randomly)

"Helen"
Posted by bubbastan on 12-12-02 at 11:09 PM
Sorry Sir Erist! I just didn't do well by our gal. Oh well, the ghost of Neleh told me that if she couldn't even make the jury as a former final two member, there's no way that heleN should.

"Gervase"
Posted by bobstew617 on 12-12-02 at 11:37 PM
I want to give some more choices this week as to who is voted off--Gervase got 5 votes last time, so it looks like there are some here who would like him out.

"G-E-R-V-A-S-E"
Posted by BaquaR13 on 12-13-02 at 00:25 AM
I really like all of these people, but i guess i will vote for gervase...

reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

"Colleen"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 12-13-02 at 00:31 AM
sorry Sir and bubbastan
I won't vote for your other fave this time though Sir, so Colleen it is

"Jake"
Posted by magic_star on 12-13-02 at 00:43 AM

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

"Jake"
Posted by Draco Malfoy on 12-13-02 at 00:50 AM
Bleh.

The Chamber of Secrets Has Been Opened. Enemies of the Heir... Beware!

"GERVASE"
Posted by johnthemod on 12-13-02 at 02:54 AM
So cool how you decided the immunity. Also so cool that Ika ended up winning it. I voted for Gervase last time, I will again this time. I don't think he even remotely deserved to make the final two in our surv I what if game, and I certainly don't think he deserves to now.

IC: (if it matters, which I don't think it does) Ika

"Jake"
Posted by Kokoro on 12-13-02 at 03:30 AM
Because Jake is far less memorable to me than any of the others, with the possible exception of Helen.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

"Jake"
Posted by survivorscott on 12-13-02 at 06:14 PM

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

"gervase"
Posted by bucherwurm on 12-13-02 at 06:36 PM
Person I like the least on the tribe.

"Jake"
Posted by echogirl on 12-13-02 at 08:50 PM
Jake