URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 1351
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Castaways I have to root for"

Posted by nailbone on 08-22-02 at 09:29 AM

There are, I think, six castaways from or with ties to the Great State of Texas, and I am going to have to root for them. Four in particular are:

Ted - played for the Cowboys
Penny - a pharmaceutical rep like my wife, who MAY know her.
Clay - grew up through college in a couple of towns within an hours drive of my house
Jan - graduated from the same college as me

- Are you a Turtle?

Daytime, nighttime, anytime, things go better with Rock! - Def Leppard

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Castaways I have to root for"
Posted by ejm92 on 08-22-02 at 10:54 AM
Well, unfortunately, no one from Virginia this time again.....Helen looks to be the only person with Virginian ties, and I'm sure she lived near the coast from around Rudy's area. Since there are no true Virginians, I'm pulling for the next best thing, Tanya (Tennesee) and Ted (North Carolina)......doesn't CBS know by now that some of their most entertaining contestants (Rudy, Maralyn, Big Tom) were Virginians?

Posted by smrtNsassybnkr on 08-22-02 at 11:17 AM
If it makes y'all feel better, I live in Washington State, and to my knowldege, no one on survivor has been from Washington. Vee was the closest with portland, Or, and I was pretty disappointed in her. (I didn't like her double dealing, and was hoping Neleh would kick her butt!)

I DO; however, have family ties to Texas, Houston area, so GO TEXANS!!!

Posted by ejm92 on 08-22-02 at 12:32 PM
I'm not positive, but I think Nick from Survivor 2 had ties in Washington state, although I found it extremely hard to root for Nick.

Posted by JeffGator on 08-22-02 at 12:35 PM
I found it extremely hard to root for Nick.
Yeah, rooting for Nick is like rooting for a pile of bricks. No personality and they both just sit there and do nothing.

Posted by Cin on 08-22-02 at 12:53 PM
I'm in VA too ejm, and I'd like for someone other than Mad Dog to represent us on Survivor!

Or Tom :/

Cin

Posted by JeffGator on 08-22-02 at 12:39 PM
I gotta go for Ted since he lives in Durham/Raleigh where I am from originally. Also so far I really like the guy.

Tanya I am going for even though she is a Tennessee Volunteer and have heard that she hates my Gators

And even though Jan currently lives in Florida...I'm not planning on rooting for her unless she changes my mind. Oh well, she's getting voted off first anyway, right?

Posted by PagongRatEater on 08-22-02 at 02:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-22-02 AT 02:22 PM (EST)

Damn Texans. Everything is always about Texas! ;)

Personally, I want the NYPD guy to win. His bio paints and great picture, it would be a super story and the guy deserves it. Which means he won't.

for the record I live in Dallas

"Texas closest thing to Heaven"
Posted by CSHS79 on 08-23-02 at 01:21 PM
All I know is that my favorite contestants on the reality shows I watch Colby(Survivor2) and Blake and Paige(TAR2) are proud representatives of that great state.There's even a country song with the line about how if you want to see Heaven Texas is that Promised Land.So while all states have their less than stellar representatives Colby,Blake & Paige will always be reason for me to say God did indeed bless Texas.

*******I'm not from Texas, but from New England.

Posted by Round Robin on 08-28-02 at 10:11 PM
I'm rooting for Tanya, just 'cause I think she's great looking!

Posted by I_AM_HE on 09-01-02 at 05:07 PM
>Damn Texans. Everything is always
>about Texas! ;)

damn right it is

"Is that how you decide???"
Posted by sleeeve on 08-23-02 at 07:29 PM
Damn... I didn't know that you had to root for everyone with ties to your own state... I have a huge group that I have to support, now:

Brian - Lives in California
Clay - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
Ghandia - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
Helen - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
Jake - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
Jan - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
Jed - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
John - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
Ken - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
Penny - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
Rob - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
Shii Ann - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
Stephanie - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
Tanya - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
Ted - Wants to be a media whore in Hollywood
Erin - Just wants to be a whore

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

"Residency Requirement"
Posted by CSHS79 on 08-24-02 at 10:30 AM
Don't count them unless they've been in California for at least
2 years prior to their search for fame.More to the point don't count them unless they show pride in being from a particular state like Colby who showed his pride in a big way bringing a Texas flag. He even said it was great that it provided them with
shelter but it mattered more no matter what that he could wake up under it, reminding him of the greatest place in the world.