URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 1278
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Which Survivors Have You Met?"

Posted by ejm92 on 06-05-02 at 06:23 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, I know it hasn't been discussed lately, though. Which survivors have you met, if any? I have only been fortunate enough to meet four of them.....I met Big Tom at the October Nascar race last year actually before Survivor aired (and only hardcore Survivor fans knew who he was from seeing him on the internet and local news) in Martinsville, VA, he was very nice. I met Jeff Varner (My Favorite Survivor) and Tina Wesson at Paramount's King's Dominion last year, they were signing and doing a meet-and-greet there, I think it was June or July. And back in December, I met Ethan AND Big Tom at some old country store in Big Tom's hometown when they were signing autographs when Ethan came to visit him.....so I've met two of the winners....only need two more lol. Anyways, since we're trying to think of things to keep us occupied, just tell who you met, when, and how.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Which Survivors Have You Met?"
Posted by J Slice on 06-05-02 at 06:30 PM

Completely by chance, on the way out of the Marquesas Reunion, I happened to be walking behind Brandon (one of my absolute favorites...) and deduced that it was him simply by hearing his voice...

Got his autograph too. Huzzah!

My friend told him she loved his Snickers commercial... to which he replied, oh yeah gotta relive that stupid arrow thing every f___ing time it comes on, too!

Hoorray!

-=J=-

WOOHOO! Hopkins here I come! (RCDS class of '02!)

Posted by BMH on 06-05-02 at 07:05 PM
I've only met three survivorz..because I live in the Boston area..I have walked into Elisabeth,Nick,and Rob more recently

Elisabeth was so nice..and very down to earth..I got her autograph. She's so sweet. I actually ran into her during one of the promotional things she was doing last summer in Boston near BC.

I met Nick lik a month after Survivor 2 ended..He was also a nice guy..and seemed so much more interesting in person!..I also got his autograph and we talked for a little bit. When i talked to him he said he was planning on finshing Law school

And then a little while after Rob got voted off from Survivor..he walked into a Starbuckz i was at..it was crazy..i got his autograph also..he is a riot..he was entertaining everybody that knew him..it was awesome!

I really want to meet Jerri,Colby,Tammy,Sean,and Gina the most now!! Ya so those are my survivor meets ne body else??

Posted by JeffGator on 06-05-02 at 07:53 PM
Holy Crap, you guys have met a lot of Survivors!!
I've only met one--the lovely Gina Crews.

I've already shown off the second picture (and it's one of my subpics), but I found the first one recently. It was taken by a girl my age who also was at the Books-A-Million where she was signing autographs. We didn't see each other there, but we talked on the internet and she sent me the picture.

If you want the whole long recap of my wonderful experience go here lol: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/1189.shtml

Posted by ejm92 on 06-05-02 at 08:54 PM
I don't care, Jeff....I'd trade my meeting with Tina for a meeting with Gina anyday!

Posted by s_man on 06-06-02 at 12:23 PM
I've met Big Tom, and talked with him for about 15 minutes. He was doing a local autograph session a while back.

If I could figure out how to post pictures (I've tried and failed), I'd post a picture here. Oh well.

He was a very nice guy. And the Big Tom name holds true. He is about 6'4" or so. We talked about the show, I quizzed him at length about the application/interview process.

Posted by JeffGator on 06-06-02 at 12:28 PM
I've met Big Tom, and talked with him for about 15 minutes. He was doing a local autograph session a while back.
--That's really cool. I was a big fan of big tom (no pun intended). My best friend James actually bought me Tom's, Ethan's, and Jessie's autographs on a picture of the Boran tribe, but he got it on eBay so who knows if it's real.

If I could figure out how to post pictures (I've tried and failed), I'd post a picture here. Oh well.
--If you have any questions I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Posted by Kobra22 on 06-06-02 at 03:26 PM
I met Rudy. Last summer, after returning from Madrid, he was at the Philadelphia airport. I got a picture with him. ^_^ I told him he was the coolest, then he grumbled, "I should've won."

Posted by Kokoro on 06-06-02 at 03:48 PM
Well lets see, how many Survivors are there in Canada? Oh well actually we've had Jenna, Gretchen, Ramona and Kel here before (and I guess I could've met Kel - but I was washing my hair that year) and wait what was my point?

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Posted by Survivorerist on 06-07-02 at 05:39 PM
>>>Well lets see, how many Survivors are there in Canada?<<<

I'll second that sentiment, Koko The only Survivor I've had in my neck of the woods is Mitchell, who is actually one of my favourites. I should've gone to see him too, but I didn't...oh well. So I, personally, haven't met any Survivors before, but it's really cool that so many of us have

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

(Courtesy of Strider )

"Oh my heck, I'm so very glad that that's over. The 2001-2 television season was, for this sofa spud, cruelly and unusually punishing."
-Antonia Zerbisias, The Toronto Star

Posted by Teddy_Bear on 06-08-02 at 07:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-02 AT 07:27 PM (EST)

>(and I guess I could've met Kel - but I was washing my
>hair that year) and wait what was my point?
<

Wow Koko!! Your hair must smell even better than mint-Essences girl; Oh My HECK!!

It is not necessary to accept everything as true, one must only accept it as necessary.
||
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

Posted by BaquaR13 on 06-08-02 at 12:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-02 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

I haven't met anyone. Of course i am dieing to meet only one person really, and that is... Elisabeth. If anyone ever meets her, TELL ALL ABOUT IT!! By the way, BMH, i couldn't be more jealous.

The True Survivor Fox!!

BaQuAr13

Posted by BMH on 06-08-02 at 02:57 PM
lol..Baqua..well u have good taste in survivor girlz..because Elisbeth was such a sweetheart..It seemed like she was honestly happy and excited to hear my questions for her...i kno u love her..so i truly hope u meet her soon..because she is worth tracking down!

"Updates?????"
Posted by CSHS79 on 07-17-02 at 10:23 AM
Has no one met anyone since June???Or have the Survivors gone on vacation too and so no recent meet & greets?

"RE: Updates?????"
Posted by robinbb on 07-17-02 at 02:02 PM
I have now met:
Boston Rob, Hunter, The General, Kim P. Teresa, Brandon, Lex, Rudy, Big Tom, Clarence, Gervase, Lindsay, Sara, Jerry, Frank, Dianne, Kelly G, Kelly W, and Mitchell. See the SurvivorFest thread for the link to the pictures.

luv,robin

Posted by drawde236 on 08-08-02 at 00:43 AM
I attended the S3 Fundraiser in Dallas and got 13 of the 16 Survivors to autograph a cast photo. Missed out on Ethan, Linda, and Kim P. What a hoot that night was!

Slackers Unite! Tomorrow.

"Friends of the Newest Survivors"
Posted by CSHS79 on 09-12-02 at 05:14 PM
How about people who actually know the newest batch of Survivors stepping forward to tell us if they are anything like their first impressions?????