URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 1272
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor Online Game"

Posted by ejm92 on 06-03-02 at 12:20 PM
Just keeping with the trend of trying to think of something to do during our offseason, this week marks the beginning of Survivor: Hawaii, an online game that took place about a month or two ago. My friend Kevin is writing up episodes and will post them every Thursday at 8 on his website, http://www.survivoronline.cjb.net . The game actually went really well, I was a contestant so you'll have someone to cheer for, lol. The game is going to go much like the real survivor, with switches and twists throughout, and also the person booted will do a live chat after they get booted and stuff, he is trying to set the website up sorta like the real one. The contestants are up, so you can see who is on what tribe, it's a pretty cool game, I know I'll be tuning in.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor Online Game"
Posted by Kokoro on 06-03-02 at 12:53 PM
Is this the one we got you immunity in? ;)

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Posted by sticks on 06-03-02 at 02:22 PM
Just a wild guess- you are Eric right?

Good luck!

Posted by ejm92 on 06-03-02 at 04:54 PM
Yup, I am Eric, and this is the game you guys helped me with immunity in.

Posted by Survivorerist on 06-03-02 at 05:40 PM
Oh wow, ejm! I think I'll check it out (thanks for filling the void that is my life during the Survivor off-season )

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

(Courtesy of Strider )

"Oh my heck, I'm so very glad that that's over. The 2001-2 television season was, for this sofa spud, cruelly and unusually punishing."
-Antonia Zerbisias, The Toronto Star

Posted by dabo on 06-04-02 at 10:10 AM
Thanks, Eric! I've got the site benchmarked, and it looks fabulous (though obviously still a work in process). Hope you'll keep posting here.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by JeffGator on 06-04-02 at 10:15 AM
Is the game over yet? How did you do? Oh I guess you can't tell us or you would be sued for millions

I have played a couple of those online survivor games before; they're pretty fun. I won the first one I played which was pretty cool. Unfortunately, I don't have the time anymore to play them

Posted by ejm92 on 06-04-02 at 10:28 AM
Yeah, I'm in a few others to pass the time, they're ok, but nothing like the real experience. Well, of course, I can't divulge the ending, although it was a pretty good game. I get to write the first episodes since the hosts want to really work on the site (Which they need to) and I have some experience writing....now, my only problem will be not to make myself look too good, lol.

Posted by ejm92 on 06-06-02 at 10:19 PM
Episode one is up, the website is a little shoddy, but hopefully he'll get it fixed in a few days.

Posted by dabo on 06-13-02 at 12:06 PM
bumping this as a reminder that episode 2 should be up today sometime. episode 1 was pretty neat.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by pigpend on 06-16-02 at 08:25 PM
Another Online Survivor can be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/onlinesurvivors/socotra.html

They are taking applications right now.

PS: Don't expect this post to be here for long. My posts seem
to get deleted shortly after I post them.

Posted by ejm92 on 06-21-02 at 00:57 AM
Just to let you guys know, the results of episode 3 are up. I didn't have time to write this week due to a death in the family, but since the episode sucks terribly I might rewrite it and have him post that next week so you all can get the info on what really happened.

Posted by dabo on 06-21-02 at 01:05 AM
My condolences on your loss. I do hope you can find the time to update the episode, it could use some punching up.

"bump"
Posted by dabo on 07-15-02 at 03:40 PM
Well, we did help ejm92 in one of the challenges, some peeps might still be interested in finding out how well he did.

When did Monday become bump day?

"RE: bump"
Posted by Kokoro on 07-16-02 at 00:27 AM
I've been checking this out but it doesn't seem to be updated weekly (I am ~so~ impatient ;)! What's up with that?

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

"RE: bump"
Posted by dabo on 07-19-02 at 12:45 PM
ep 5 is up (sorta), watch out for the popups!

ARRRRRRR!!!!