URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 193
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"David & Margaretta time penalty"

Posted by AussieMark on 12-23-01 at 11:13 PM
If you go to the official site and highlight "David/Margaretta" on the Leaderboard page, there is a pop-up box for Ep 3 that says:

"David & Margaretta failed to complete the Roadblock correctly in Leg Two. They received a time penalty, which resulted in an 8th place check out. (After Paul & Amy and Nancy & Emily)."

I cannot recall or find any reference to a penalty for D&M or any other team at that early stage of the race. Does anyone recall such a penalty?

The comment about 8th place after Paul & Amy (mispelt) and Nancy & Emily also makes no sense because those teams were not 6th & 7th.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: David & Margaretta time penalty"
Posted by Serendipity on 12-23-01 at 11:29 PM
I remember the penalty. As I recall, they went up into the Eiffel Tower, spotted the flag over the Arc d'Triomphe, and upon descending, discovered the flag with instructions. They took the instructions and, since they had already found the flag, continued to the pit stop. Apparently one of them should have reclimbed the Eiffel Tower to complete the instructions.

As they were leaving very late that night or early the next morning the penalty was mentioned. Don't remember who they placed behind though except for Paul & Amie.