URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 356
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Addomg clip art to sig pics"

Posted by agman on 04-23-07 at 02:59 PM
Everytime I try adding a clip art pic using the opaque setting,as soon as I put the clip art on my background, the whole picture gets very grainy. Conversely, this never happens when I am just adding text. Is this too big a job for paint? Thank you

90 pecent of life is half mental-

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Addomg clip art to sig pics"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-23-07 at 06:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-07 AT 06:56 PM (EST)

Is this too big a job for paint?

Most likely.
Paint is a very simple graphics tool. You shouldn't be expecting too much when using it.

However, your loss of clarity is something that can happen with any graphics program. See, whenever you're taking an image of large size (and by size I don't necessarily mean heighth and width but moreso file size.) and "squishing" it down to a manageable (and uploadable) file size, the program makes adjustments to fit within that selected file size.

The graininess is a result of the program making guesstimates on the clarity in order to fit a particular file size. For what started out as 100 pixels per inch, becomes 50 pixels per inch and the color gets "mangled" in order to fit within the new file size. Where something started as blue with green shading, becomes blue with little green dots.

And just to let you know, Paint has it's own set of instructions right there in the program. You should try clicking on the help button within Paint. It can do wonders.

ETA: If you are in need of some further guidance, or help with your graphics needs, PM me and I'll get you up and running in no time.