URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 4331
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jan 10 Race 30"

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 01-10-18 at 10:54 PM
When they first mention how it would be done I did not like the idea of the teams racing as pairs against each other.

But watching it I found myself on the edge as to who would win and the course caused the racers to make mistakes.

I like it!

What did you think.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jan 10 Race 30"
Posted by LTLer on 01-11-18 at 05:19 PM
Tough on the team that had to go so many times. Glad that they did get through it. Looks like it will be an interesting season

Posted by jbug on 01-18-18 at 11:14 AM
Interesting change. It's been so many seasons now they are trying to come up with new things to keep interest I guess.
I felt bad for them but they kept going and made it.
The race between the final 2 was the hardest. Knowing when they started it was do or die.

Posted by featherfish on 01-25-18 at 04:01 PM
I'm still not sure I like it. All the skill of getting done with the rest of the race quickly can be wiped out by some lucky throw from a much slower team. It also creates more of a bunch point, though that would likely just happen later anyway.

Posted by kingfish on 01-26-18 at 09:55 PM
I think I like it. It's just another challenge they have to get past, and it does heighten the tension. I also think they need the bunch points, without them one team might get a unsurmountable lead mid-race, then the season would be boring.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 02-01-18 at 00:42 AM
That is what happened in one of the first races, the lead team was almost half a day ahead of the other teams.

Posted by featherfish on 02-01-18 at 01:27 PM
Yeah, I understand having bunch points, but I think doing it through flights or times when things are open is a better way to do it than the head-to-head challenges.