URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 2655
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rules question"

Posted by maggiebob on 07-27-05 at 02:31 AM
I have a question about rules in the early season versus the most recent season. When the teams in season seven were in London they had the choice between the "brains" vs. "brawn" task, and for some inexplicable reason M/G chose the "brawn" task. Uchenna tried to help Meredith push one of the boats, and Meredith panicked because he would have been penalized if he received help on the task. But on tonight's episode one of the teams gave some of their fish to the other team, thereby helping them complete the task. What gives? Did the penalty in the most recent season apply only to that specific task, or were the penalties for receiving certain kinds of help only introduced later?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Rules question"
Posted by newsomewayne on 07-27-05 at 08:03 AM
It's hard to know for sure, since official rules are never published. All we can do is observe and sumise(sp?). But rule changes from one season to the next are nothing new. The maximum of 6 roadblocks performed rule is one. Time penalties for non-completion of tasks is another. Perhaps the Boston Boys helping the pastors out was the inspiration for the rule change that hindered M/G on the boat haul.

Never delay the ending of a meeting or the beginning of a cocktail hour.

Posted by DonnaLynn on 07-27-05 at 11:44 AM
When I saw them giving the other team the fish I started yelling at my TV "CHEATERS!" and was shocked they weren't penalized for that... It sure would be nice for the producers to publish the official rules somewhere for us to see...

--Donna :~)

Posted by AR_FAN_CA on 07-27-05 at 11:54 PM
>When I saw them giving the
>other team the fish I
>started yelling at my TV
>"CHEATERS!" and was shocked they
>weren't penalized for that...
>It sure would be nice
>for the producers to publish
>the official rules somewhere for
>us to see...
>
>--Donna :~)

We've been told in the past that small penalties are given off camera and the arrival times of teams will be adjusted but not mentioned to the viewers.

Likewis if there is a production problem that holds a team up they will gain that amount of time at the pit stop.