URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 2073
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Let's See Some Mental Challenges"

Posted by kidflash212 on 01-13-05 at 07:55 AM
Other than the Ikea Detour it seems like all the tasks this year have been more physical than mental. I'm getting a little tired of seeing the teams in a safety harness and helmet week after week. I want to see some tasks like the "masks" roadblock in AR4 where a team member had to take a picture and find the person wearing that exact mask or the task in AR3 where the combination to the safe had to be found by counting a sum of money or going around the town counting trees and such.

It would be great to see a detour or roadblock that involves patience and thought instead of just physical ability.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
Posted by bed332004 on 01-13-05 at 12:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-05 AT 12:07 PM (EST)

I was thinking the very same thing.
Ever see the road rules show that pits one team, maybe all male , against another all female?
They have had some great puzzle challenges involving giant
pieces, that they have had to put togehter.
Another great challenge I saw, was where the teams could pick
5 letters and then had to see how many words they could make from them. I think it would bring out more personality than just the physical stuff.

Posted by kidflash212 on 01-14-05 at 01:22 AM
" I think it would bring out
more personality than just the
physical stuff. "

Very true - seeing how they work through a problem would reveal more about them than just climbing another wall.

Posted by NoParole on 01-13-05 at 01:06 PM
So, what you're sayin is, you wanna see Adam and Rebecca, and Lori and Bolo Philiminated... Awww, that's not nice, but after all "it's a race! There's no compasion in a race!"

Posted by kidflash212 on 01-14-05 at 01:00 AM
Not necessarily - I think Adam & Rebecca (well - Rebecca anyway) would do well with a mental challenge. Lori & Bolo (who irritate me like fingernails on a chalkboard) would be at a disadvantage but it would only be fair since they have the advantage on physical tasks.

Now, a task that required patience would be the end of Pigslop and his mate (J & V). It would be the funniest breakdown we have seen all season.

Posted by bed332004 on 01-14-05 at 11:04 AM
That's what I'm thinking.
Whatever the task, it must involve duct tape over johnathan's mouth.

Posted by ARnutz on 01-13-05 at 05:51 PM
So... what you're really saying is that you want to see if Jonathan really can use that Jedi mind trick he claims to have?

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

Posted by bed332004 on 01-13-05 at 09:09 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-05 AT 09:16 PM (EST)

What's left of his mind would just disintergrate as team after team passed him by. It would be very entertaining!

Posted by Urban_Kitten on 01-14-05 at 12:27 PM
How disappointing that we haven't seen Jonathan engage in Jedi mind tricks. One might have thought that he would have used it to get plane tickets for Hungary (remember his rants at Gus?). But I agree - the fast forwards and a lot of the tasks generally have become too physically oriented. I'd love to see them have to use their brains for a change.

Feles mala! Cur cista non uteris? Stramentum novum in ea posui.
(Bad kitty! Why don't you use the cat box? I put new litter in it.)

Posted by bed332004 on 01-26-05 at 08:40 AM
seems like the producers feel just reading the clue correctly is a mental enough challenge for these guys.

Posted by okaychatt on 01-26-05 at 05:57 PM
Hi bed332004.

How did you get Gus to model for your signature icon?

I assume that's who the little guy represents.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by bed332004 on 01-27-05 at 05:38 PM
Hi Ok, I actually did like Gus as a racer but no, the drinking guy is what I had on my fantasy football website. I noticed everyone personalized thier posts with an interesting image and this was the best I could with my limited computer skills.

GO Patriots!

Posted by TAR Junkie on 01-26-05 at 08:48 PM
I don't know why the producers even pick older couples or pairs that can't measure up to young, physically fit teams. There are too many legs that are too physical for some teams.

Posted by Spider on 01-26-05 at 10:33 PM
Unfortunately mental challenges = ratings killer.

Its TV and people want action. Watching Bolo and Adam square off in chess game would hardly be riveting, viewing, funny yes.

I agree a bit butthis is not 'who wants to be a millionaire'.

I really think being able to race and think straight to get the next clue and pit stop is challenging enough.

Posted by tac on 02-09-05 at 00:27 AM
Here's my idea

On each leg of the race have one clue that is really a clue - one that gives them enough info to figure out where the next clue will be without stating it explicitly. For example the clue could say "Get your next clue from the club box which is next to this painting" with a photo of "Birth of Venus" by Botticelli. Then along with the clue is another sealed envelope with a more complete hint inside, such as "Go to the Uffizi Gallary in Florence Italy". Then when teams get to the pit stop, if they don't have an unoppened hint envelope, they get a 30 min penalty. Teams that knew enough would be able head out right away. If they don't know the first clue you would have to decide if you want to take the time to figure it out or just open the hint and take the penalty. Makes for more strategy and rewards brains.

Posted by daddy brian on 02-09-05 at 05:48 PM
The challenges last night were especially lame.

Posted by bed332004 on 02-10-05 at 08:11 AM
I would have liked to see a memory challenge such as answering 7 out of 10 questiosn correctly about the places they had been and things seen. It would have been great to see K/J, who you could tell really took the experinece to heart, catch up and
pass them.