URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 1236
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Business class"

Posted by VA Slim on 06-21-03 at 03:39 PM
Business Class has reared its ugly head again. As I recall during past races, racers couldn't purchase Business Class tickets but if the airline was willing to upgrade them after purchasing full fare coach tickets then it was OK. I believe that situation first happened in AR2. But I didn't understand RC's situation in this episode. They know the flight was "full" (or least coach was full) but everything seemed fine when the ticket agent told them that they could still get tickets. I understand that the tickets were written in German but wouldn't you check with the agent to completely understand what seat you were being assigned? The first leg was a "puddle-jumper" but usually you are able to get seat assignments for all legs of a flight at the origination point. I do think that Reichen was right to refuse the seat because I'm sure a major penalty would have ensued if that had indeed bought Business Class seats. It just seemed stupid to me to allow yourself to get into that situation in the first place.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Business class"
Posted by cyclehausen on 06-21-03 at 05:28 PM
Didn't Flo and Zach buy bisiness class seats to Hawaii at the end of TAR3 and then exchange them with someone for coach? It seems like you can buy business class seats, you just can't use them.

"Business Class"
Posted by trigirl on 06-25-03 at 12:32 PM
Pretty sure that Flozach bought business class, but on the way to whichever airport, borrowed someone's cell-phone and exchanged them.

BTW....nobody has been doing the 'borrow the cell-phone' thing. Do you think it has been outlawed this time around?

"RE: Business Class"
Posted by yensid on 06-25-03 at 03:09 PM
I might be remembering this wrong, but I think the reason Flozack even bought the Business Class tickets was because the particular airport they were to be departing from had security measures in place that would only allow people with actual tickets into the airport, so even if they had wanted to exchange them when they got there, they would have needed to have some sort of ticket to get into the airport.

Yensid

"RE: Business Class"
Posted by cyclehausen on 06-25-03 at 03:16 PM
Millie borrowed a cell phone in ep. 3 to get a cab. It's in the extra footage on the CBS slite.

"RE: Business class"
Posted by cyclehausen on 07-01-03 at 02:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-03 AT 02:10 AM (EST)

This should clear up all your questions.