URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 121
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Frank in cold water... "

Posted by Canada Girl on 10-29-01 at 04:25 PM
Frank jumps into icy water in the intro. Is he in Canada? There have been mentions of them going to Signal Hill in Newfoundland. If there was snow on the ground when they left New York, you can bet there is ice in Newfoundland. An interesting thought...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Frank in cold water... "
Posted by Survivorerist on 10-29-01 at 05:46 PM
I just have one question about this though. Aren't they racing starting from New York and going westward? Wouldn't that mean they missed their chance to go to Nfld? Or is Signal Hill East of New York? I knew I should've payed more attention in my Canadian Geography classes.

"Aren't instruments fun?"
-Alyson Hannigan, American Pie 2

"Going west a guarentee?"
Posted by Canada Girl on 10-29-01 at 07:17 PM
True,they are going west right now, but is that a guarentee throughout the race? I can't remember them ever saying that the race would go west. But yes, Newfoundland is definetly east of New York, sooo...

"RE: Going west a guarentee?"
Posted by TeamJoisey on 10-29-01 at 10:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-01 AT 11:14 PM (EST)

Well,

They are going generally eastward after leaving New York.

Newfoundland is quite far east of New York.

If they were to go to Newfoundland, they would go past New York.

But, they moved westward in episode 2, when they went from South Africa to Paris.

It's not impossible they go to Newfoundland, but it's more likely they hit the cold weather in western Canada.

And here's a thought. Perhaps they hit all seven continents. They could easily get to Australia or New Zealand, and then hit the northernmost tip of Antarctica near South America, and then move north to NYC.

Testing my own theory (after the fact) I see that Antarctica is not on the world map the use to plot the checkpoints on the CBS site.
So while it would be cool, I guess they skip Antarctica. Oh well.