URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 1192
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Awesome Challenges!"

Posted by magic_star on 06-06-03 at 03:25 AM
I thought both the gondola/pathway detour and the roadblock were two of the best challenges ever. Actually, so far it seems like every challenge or task has been more thought out this season.

But I think these two fit in my top ten list. The gondola choice gave a nice sceneric view of Venice and it put somewhat of a strategy type motive in the teams in trying to find the quickest way through.

The mask thing was pretty cool and although it would appear easy, it really gave them a challenge. Both patient and quick teams did well and poorly in that.

I hope the rest of the challenges are as great as the ones in the first two episodes.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Awesome Challenges!"
Posted by cyclehausen on 06-06-03 at 03:28 AM
I gotta agree. I LIKE THIS SHOW!!!

Heather and Al throwing pebbles at light bulbs? I can't believe I used to call THAT exciting!!

Posted by Bebo on 06-06-03 at 10:46 AM
I've been to Venice twice, and I can tell you that trying to navigate that city is a major challenge. Even when you have a map, it's easy to get turned around.

I like that the show took advantage of the city's innate difficulty to navigate, because that was a good test of the teams.

Bebo, Mistress of the Painfully Obvious and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

Posted by managerr on 06-06-03 at 10:59 AM
Both challenges were awesome. However the roadblock challenge should have waited to use in a week where they didn't have to bunch up the teams *again* in order to make it dramatic.

Are these type of "Eyes Wide Shut" parties the rage in Italy or something? Why did it have to be this week?

Posted by carencey on 06-06-03 at 12:00 PM
Maybe this was just me, but during the mask roadblock, I kept expecting to see David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King step out from behind a pillar. Perhaps I've seen Labyrinth too many times.

Posted by dajaki on 06-06-03 at 12:13 PM
Gotta agree! The challenges rocked. I expected the gondola race, it being Venice and all, but the masked challenge was wonderfully original. Loved it, but am disappointed that Chris gave his team the loss. I'll miss Amanda.

Posted by karalott on 06-06-03 at 12:44 PM
I agree about Venice- it was a good challenge to have the teams have to find the clue through the narrow alley ways and twisting streets. I'm a little surprised more people didn't take the pathway, seeing as how you were able to ask directions. But I guess that could backfire if nobody you asked knew where to go.

I think it was Millie who said during the mask challenge that the masks were so similar that there were just little differences between them, so I can see where that would be hard (especially when you go in second like Monica and have all the teams beat you out.) I was a little surprised that Amanda and Chris were elminated. I really expected it to be Monica and Sheree. I liked the FF- it wasn't really the challenge, I guess it was more of Steve and Dave's humor about it.

And even though it wasn't a challenge, I loved the snow rafting in the beginning- especially when Kelly and Jon slid down to after there taxi took them to the top. Can't wait until next week!

Posted by mrbluesky on 06-06-03 at 01:04 PM
I agree!! Those were awesome challenges. I thought the mask challenge was thrilling.

It would have been exciting to see them take the gondolas to the next pitstop though. I also agree where others have said they bunched them up too much this episode. Millie and Chuck were hours ahead of some other teams -- they should have been able to bank some of that time somehow. The results of the entire episode swung on how well they did the last challenge.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 06-06-03 at 01:27 PM
The challenges are much better this season-I loved how teams you thought would come in first, second and third, came in the bottom tier. TAR really needs to do something about the bunching up so much, while I like how it evens things out, two bunches in two episodes is a bit much.

A Kyngsladye Original

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

Posted by sittem on 06-06-03 at 01:43 PM
Couldn't agree more Magic! One of the truly wonderful aspects of the show is that it's constantly changing and different. Different in the sense that the challenges change with each show and they are localized. It was great to see Venice and it would even be greater to have first hand knowledge like bebo so one could truly appreciate how difficult some of these things are. I love this show because it's new every week. The only thing that grows old is the bunching at the transportation centers.

As to bunching and banking time, the bunching has gotta happen. While one could say it's unfair that those with big leads end up with the pack or loosing ground like all the leaders did this week, what is the alternative? If you have one or two teams get way out front and they eventually end up a day ahead of everyone else, where's the drama? We saw what happened with the Guidos in TAR1 - for some of us it was very satisfying, but at the end it's better to have three teams fighting it out in a dramatic situation rather than one waltzing to victory. So, while I tend to dislike the bunching, I think overall it's very necessary. And, it requires every team to utilize their skills and adaptability CONSTANTLY in order to not get eliminated. Sometimes it feels unfair, but that's what the game is built upon and why trying to pick weekly winners is so hard.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.