URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4842
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rob C. on the Early Show"

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 02-20-04 at 09:21 AM
He was disappointed and surprised to be the first person to go from his team. He thought he had a handshake agreement with Rob M.

He felt Rob M. had a personal vendetta against him. He thought Big Tom was playing the game the best.

Link to Early Show http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/02/19/earlyshow/series/survivor/main601238.shtml

They usually post the whole interview around 10:00am.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Rob C. on the Early Show"
Posted by Brownroach on 02-20-04 at 10:46 AM
He's such a humble guy. Not.

He kept making references to what a great player he is. His only savvy observation about his boot was at the very end, during one of the phone calls I think, when he said that because of the dynamics among the other tribe members he couldn't really hook up with anyone amenable to working with him.

And yeah, he thinks Big Tom is playing a great game. Guess we can write him out of the Final 2. He also mentioned that Amber and Alicia were close as a result of being together in S2.

Oh, and he said you are not allowed to sit out back-to-back challenges. (No mention of the rule resetting itself after a TC.) In every challenge Chapera made sure to use the person that had done the challenge in the earlier Survivor, hence his participation in RC and Alicia's in TC. And he really thought Boston Rob would have been able to put together the puzzle quickly, being in construction.

Posted by idiotcowboy on 02-20-04 at 11:15 AM
> he really thought Boston Rob would have been able to put
> together the puzzle quickly, being in construction.

Give Mariano a some boards and a hammer and he might have made something that looked kinda like that, but putting together a puzzle... maybe *snicker*

I havent seen such a complete disaster of a front running team since Ghandia tried to solve the S5 initial challenge to free the knife.

FWIW, if Chapera stays together we should be on the lookout for mental challenges, because it's clear in those they're at a HUGE disadvantage.

-ICB

Posted by katethegreat on 02-21-04 at 08:49 AM
However, Sue sat out the house-building RC, then sat out the "go Fish" RC (matching up the items in the boxes), and since the IC in-between was cancelled, she sat out two challenges in a row. Have I missed something?

Posted by ParkGirl on 02-20-04 at 11:26 AM
In the "What its worth department." Here's an interesting tidbit from the end of morning show interview.

HS: I got a feeling we'll see you again someplace.

Rob C: You definitely will, Harry.

Posted by Brownroach on 02-20-04 at 11:34 AM
Well, we'll see Rob at the finale/reunion show.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 02-20-04 at 11:42 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-04 AT 11:42 AM (EST)

My guess is that exchange was with regard to Rob's aspiring stand-up comedian career

-SB

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-21-04 at 09:43 AM
My sense was that this was in regards to Rob's writing career as well as he mentioned he was sending off a lot of scripts to producers.