URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 145
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Protonesis- Is this Company Bogus?"

Posted by Rudyrox on 08-14-00 at 01:41 PM
I am starting to think this whole company is a work of fiction. I got the feeling from watching the interview one of it's "Founders" did on one of the morning shows. (I forget which one it was) He showed a clip of Dirk and said their "techology" basicly told them Dirk was thinking "Rudy is the winner, Rudy is the winner". Is it me or does that just sound a little too scifi?

I am afraid this is another MB plant. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out after Rudy is voted out that this company does not exist at all. Check out the website.. I couldn't find any business address for them at all. Just a couple of email address and a phone number.

I hope I am wrong because I REALLY want Rudy to win BUT.. I am starting to think this whole thing is bogus.

Mary

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"I've had the same feeling "
Posted by Stjarna on 08-14-00 at 03:02 PM
Mary,

You might have something there...

At first, I also was inclined to believe this story, but lately, the more I think about it, the more it seems bogus! Seriously, what firm will stake ALL their reputation on such an unscientific and highly speculative matter as a TV game show winner?!

So, prompted by your thread, I decided to do some serious research on this company... And guess what - it seems that there is NO information to be found about them ANYWHERE! Now, I'm far from being a believer into any conspirasy theories, and it might turn out to be a legitimate - albeit very small! - business, but it would also be hilarious if it turns out that all this was but a publicity stunt by MB & Co.

Here are the results of my research:

1. Upon doing searches on the major search engines, 0 results turn up for "protonesis", so
2. I go to http://www.protonesis.com - the website does indeed exist!
3. Under section "Press Releases" there's only ONE to be found - of course, the one pertaining to their Survivor prediction!
4. Under "Contact", there's no address (!), but they have an e-mail address and a phone number with a "504" area code (Louisiana). I called the number (call me crazy!), and there's only an answering machine with a man's voice saying something very standard, like "Sorry you've missed me, please leave your message and I'll call you back, etc.."
5. Then, I did a couple searches on businesses:
- www.companiesonline.com (info on public and private companies). Result: 0
- www.switchboard.com (business listings search) for Louisiana. Result: take a guess!
6. OK, I give up!!!

Now, if someone has a more ingenious way to find more info on these guys (and more time on their hands! ), please post it in this thread. But from what I've been able to find (or rather, NOT find) today, the whole company seems a bit shady, to say the least...

Stjarna

"great work!"
Posted by flying squirrel on 08-14-00 at 03:09 PM
thanks for all the hard work. supports the theory that Rudy is the "red herring winner." bet Mark Burnett has been laughing himself silly at our expense so far!

"RE: I've had the same feeling "
Posted by Rudyrox on 08-14-00 at 07:33 PM
I also called information and gave them the number. There was no listing at all.. name or address for this number. The woman at information told me if it were a business it should be listed as such.
hmmmmmm.. me thinks we have been had yet again.

Mary

"GervaseX"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 08-14-00 at 08:54 PM
If this is another MB fake, it gives credence to his claim that he planned GervaseX. Unfortunately, I don't know if it helps us determine whether Rudy makes the final four ... just that he doesn't win.

"RE: Protonesis- Is this Company Bogus?"
Posted by lswote on 08-14-00 at 09:35 PM
What follows is the whois lookup for Protonesis. The information indicates the company has had their site since January 2000.

Registrant:
Protonesis Incorporated (PROTONESIS-DOM)
   506 Lakemeont Dr
   Dalton, GA 30720
   US

Domain Name: PROTONESIS.COM

Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
      Murphy, Wes (CC9955) admin@PROTONESIS.COM
      Protonesis Admin
      303 W. Walnut Avenue n/a
      Dalton, GA 30720
      (706) 2785152 (FAX) (706) 2792339
 Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Admin, DNS (AD1796-ORG) admin@DNS-SOLUTIONS.NET
      DNS Solutions
      393 Sharron Lane
      Midway, UT 84049
      USA
      435-654-0810
      Fax- 435-654-5975

Record last updated on 09-Feb-2000.
   Record expires on 18-Jan-2002.
   Record created on 18-Jan-2000.
   Database last updated on 13-Aug-2000 22:03:36 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.DNS-SOLUTIONS.NET 209.66.124.10
   NS2.DNS-SOLUTIONS.NET 209.66.124.11

-- Rat -- The other white meat --