URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 431
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"All American Girl"

Posted by ejm92 on 03-12-03 at 11:42 PM
Anyone else check this horrible show out? I feel embarrassed as an American citizen for them to have used the name "American" in the title of the show. I cannot express how horrible this show really is, lol...but I managed to hang in there for both hours, thanks to plenty of emotional support from my friends and family, who were also exposed to this torture. The only bright spot in the night was American Idol rejects, I saw at least three, the only one making it far was Carrie Hunt, the girl from Valencia, CA who sang "God Bless America" and made it through to the second round. Guess that was as far as she made it, though. She did pretty well on this show, which showcased F-list celebrity judges judging girls who would have never even made it to the second round of AI....and the hilarious thing is, the judges actually thought they were good singers! This show makes me appreciate Simon and Randy much more than I already did. No surprise, "19 Productions" had to do with this show....and I'm sure that is how they contacted the AI rejects. I thought Disney was a better company than to back a show like this......

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: All American Girl"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 03-13-03 at 00:48 AM
I drew the line on this thing and took a pass, I reported a few articles on it and I still have no idea who you "win" the thing:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index&catid=&topic=54

Posted by wildchickenhunter on 03-13-03 at 08:21 AM
I missed it too! I thought it was going to be more of a T&A type show though. What is it actually about? Are they going to do anything worth watching like - wet t-shirt, thongs anything? Anyway - after 'I thought I was a celebrity. Give me money." Cooker says we have reached our quota on reality trash TV for the year. I think the only thing I am allowed to watch is TAR, Survivor and MOLE.
Oh well!

Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 03-13-03 at 09:02 AM
I watched it. I still can't figure it out as I was doing other things so really didn't focus too much. Was funny when they showed the "rejects" at the beginning. One girl is asked ... What 2 countries border USA? The girl answers Spain. LOL I don't think I'll be watching any more of this one.

If it weren't for STRESS, I'd have no energy at all

Posted by weltek on 03-13-03 at 09:53 AM
I kept flipping to it in hopes that it would eventually draw me in, but it didn't. The judges are crap, most of the girls are crap, the plot is crap, and the producing is crap. If you haven't seen it yet, don't waste your time.

"Ummmm - crap!"
Posted by wildchickenhunter on 03-13-03 at 10:10 AM
Weltec, why did you have to make it sound soooooooo good. I mean, come on! I am well known for watching CRAP on TV. H*ll, if it's crappy, I'll watch. How am I going to resist watching this piece of crap after you give it such glowing reviews?

"RE: Ummmm - crap!"
Posted by weltek on 03-13-03 at 10:41 AM
Hah! Enjoy, Hunter! I should certainly meet your expectations! But remember, it's not crap like Joe Millionaire, it's really, really bottom of the barrel.

"RE: Ummmm - crap!"
Posted by ejm92 on 03-13-03 at 01:02 PM
Plenty of "T&A", of course they are searching for a girl....there was a long atheletic competition where they were running around in bikinis, so I'm sure you would have enjoyed that, wch.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

"RE: Ummmm - bikinis!"
Posted by wildchickenhunter on 03-13-03 at 03:53 PM
Now we are getting down to prime time programming.I am going to have to record this and watch it after Cooker goes to bed.

Posted by AMAI on 03-14-03 at 01:44 PM
Yes, I watched it. (Sigh.)

And I wrote a recap of it. (Sigh.)

But it doesn't sound like there's much interest here. Let me know if you want to read about the show in great detail.

Posted by managerr on 03-14-03 at 05:47 PM
This show got lower ratings than "I'm a Celebrity! Get me out of here!" Sad.

Posted by AMAI on 03-15-03 at 00:29 AM
There are just too many of these shows, managerr.

I watched that one too. It got a bit more interesting once they started getting booted, and I found myself drawn in, almost against my will.

That's what's sad.

Posted by Kokoro on 03-15-03 at 04:37 AM
All recaps are very welcome, especially if they happen to give all the gruesome details on a terrible show like this one (or as it sounds to be, since I haven't seen it ;)