URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2064
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"the shark tank producer wants 2% of NET REVENUE from entrepreneurs!"

Posted by hroark on 07-09-09 at 11:05 AM
entrepreneurs who agree to be on 'the shark tank' are asked to sign a contract that would give the producer (mark burnett) 2% of net revenues - in perpetuity! this is a complete joke.

first, no entrepreneur with a decent idea that's remotely scalable would ever agree to such terms . . . and second, no investor would ever put money into such an encumbered enterprise.

so they're setting up for failure: the only entrepreneurs who would ever agree to such a preposterous structure would be desperate losers - and who wants to watch them?

incidentally, contestants on 'dragons den' did not have to give the producer anything.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: the shark tank producer wants 2% of NET REVENUE from entrepreneurs!"
Posted by dabo on 07-09-09 at 12:38 PM
Welcome aboard.

2% of net? Do failures make any net?

Posted by JessicaRN on 07-09-09 at 03:48 PM
Remember that summer show about the Great American Invention? I think they paid to help you get your invention off of the ground in the right way. Of course, I don't think that I've heard anymore about the inventions chosen. One was some kind of a safer car seat and one was some sort of specialized bra.

Posted by Agman2 on 03-04-16 at 11:40 AM
Point being you never hear more about the inventions!